Gran Fiesta debacle...

psifreek27

I think most of my excitement comes from the addition of Donald Duck! That and I liked the original ride a lot as well.

Agreed! I say anythign that includes classic characters especially some we dont get to see too often like the other two cabs is a great thing! Id take classic stuff over pixarfest 2007 anyday.:lol:

Horizonstta

You have to give us more than that - were the fireworks still there, how bout the volcano?

And most importantly did the new hosts have on their traditional outfits?

3a_026PreShow.jpg
Yes, the opening scene with the volcano is the same, minus the fog. The fireworks are there, but the last room is where some of the biggest changes were. The carousel is gone and in its place is a stage with a large screen that shows the three caballeros in concert.

A lot of the original attraction is there. However, most of the film effects have changed (e.g., snorkeling, pool side bar scene, etc...). Most of the screens now have one or more of the three caballeros in it. It isn't as bad as it sounds. Like I said, I think the rehab is actually very good, minus the song.

Figment82

Oh thank goodness the creepy carousel is gone... Although how funny would it have looked to replace those marionettes with the 3 caballeros? :lookaroun Talk about little kids having nightmares!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can confirm there is a new instrumental of `El Rio Del Tiempo` playing in the background of at least one scene. Actually, it sounds like the base music track in most of the new attraction. With new lyrics in parts.

Horizonstta

I can confirm there is a new instrumental of `El Rio Del Tiempo` playing in the background of at least one scene. Actually, it sounds like the base music track in most of the new attraction. With new lyrics in parts.

Right. But the Fiesta Mexico song that used to play in the last scene is no longer there.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The Conversation Thus Far

Oh my goodness, both sides of this argument sound like broken records (but I will defend your freedom to the death to sound like said records :) ). Let me recap the conversation so far:

Merf & Co.: There should have been a CM outside of the attraction to tell guests it wouldn't be opening.
HakunaMatata & Co.: No there shouldn't have been.
Merf & Co.: Yes there should have been.
Merf & Co.: Yes there should have been.

...to infinity...and beyond...

My Opinion

I'll bite. I do find it odd that there was no CM there. People would have undoubtedbly been confused, even for a moment, and Disney acted like nothing was out of the ordinary. I thought that a CM out front was a Disney policy for situations like this. It would have been a tad bit irritating for anyone who made a special trip to the park that day to see the new attraction (and I believe that some people did). However, I personally would not have been upset about the lack of explanation, certainly not enough to lodge a complaint. So I think that part of the OP is a little over the top.

The Website

I'm glad to hear that the soft opening has happened. Also, for those of you following the WDW website drama, Gran Fiesta is not listed as being under rehab any longer. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...lendarRefurbishmentsListingPage&date=20070401 If anything, I think that people should be getting upset about the inaccuracy and general "horribleness" of the official WDW website. We should be able to trust it and I think it's ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn't. I mean, why have it in the first place if we're not supposed to go by the information posted there?

I don't care who Disney contracts out to run its site. The site has the WDC's trademark logo all over it. Of course they are ultimately responsible for its content.

A Fan of Gran Fiesta

I think the negativity around this ride (that only one person on this thread has actually ridden) is unfair.

But again that is just your opinion. I, personally, can't wait for it to open. In fact, it is one of the attractions I am most looking forward to for our trip in August. (It will be open by then, right? :p ) So, it might not be a big deal to you but it obviously is for others.

Ouch! Obviously, I disagree. I can't wait to see it. Why can't you just acknowlege that different people like different things? Just because it's not a must-see attraction for you doesn't mean that everyone thinks that GF is no more exciting than a restroom.

Random Comments

Why have their been so many personal attacks in this thread? It's not like we're talking about abortion or the Republican party. EpcotServo, I want you to know that I, for one, love your updates and I really don't see them as you "seeking attention" any more than anyone who starts any thread.

Hakunamatata, the reason that nobody answered your question is because it is silly to ask it here. Who here would actually be able to answer it? I don't see the point you are making by repeating it multiple times.

This is hilarious. :ROFLOL: You are one of the key posters fuelling the fire thus keeping the thread alive. Surely the post isn't going to be "put to bed" (which I don't think it should be since I find it wildly entertaining and sincerely want to hear more about the attraction), then STOP posting to it.

First, you give me too much credit of being the person in the front of the line yelling that "its no big deal"

Second, there is/are those that have that information involved in the discussion, specifically that work in guest relations.

Third, forum = threads = posting = opinions = differences.

Fourth, its hakunamatata.

:D

jmvd20

Yes, the opening scene with the volcano is the same, minus the fog. The fireworks are there, but the last room is where some of the biggest changes were. The carousel is gone and in its place is a stage with a large screen that shows the three caballeros in concert.

A lot of the original attraction is there. However, most of the film effects have changed (e.g., snorkeling, pool side bar scene, etc...). Most of the screens now have one or more of the three caballeros in it. It isn't as bad as it sounds. Like I said, I think the rehab is actually very good, minus the song.

Thanks for the update - It's going to be along while before I get to ride it in person.

JikoMarie

Second, there is/are those that have that information involved in the discussion, specifically that work in guest relations.

Third, forum = threads = posting = opinions = differences.

I said there was some broken recording going on but I also said that I would defend anyone to the death to have the freedom to say what they want. So I realize that threads are about posting our opinions even if we disagree. I think that's exactly why I jumped in.

There may be people who work at guest relations with the privledged information you are looking for but they can't give that information to you. So again, just as nobody has, nobody will answer that question for you.

Hook's Girl

Wish you were on the side of the fence that wanted to see Epcot do well and succeed. *shrug*

*delurking*
Totally innappropriate. Disneysaint is probably the most knowledgeable person about Epcot I have met at Walt Disney World (we do know eachother in person). He cares so much for the park and wants to see it succeed more than anything. That was a low blow, a little personal for message boards, and absolutely false.

jmvd20

*delurking*
Totally innappropriate. Disneysaint is probably the most knowledgeable person about Epcot I have met at Walt Disney World (we do know eachother in person). He cares so much for the park and wants to see it succeed more than anything. That was a low blow, a little personal for message boards, and absolutely false.

*debunking*

Perhaps you should re-read many of the posts prior to that statement. That was in no way, shape, or form a "low blow", and I cannot comprehend how someone could see that as a "personal" attack. If you feel that Disneysaint is an Epcot knowledge god that is fine, I'm happy for both of you.

Take some friendly advice - chill out a bit and relax. Most people here have fun discussing things, even in some of the rather intense threads.

Welcome aboard.

Hook's Girl

*debunking*

Perhaps you should re-read many of the posts prior to that statement. That was in no way, shape, or form a "low blow", and I cannot comprehend how someone could see that as a "personal" attack. If you feel that Disneysaint is an Epcot knowledge god that is fine, I'm happy for both of you.

Take some friendly advice - chill out a bit and relax. Most people here have fun discussing things, even in some of the rather intense threads.

Welcome aboard.

Been on board for a while! :wave: I did read ever post prior. Not trying to stir anything up, just sounded like a personal attack to me.

jmvd20

Been on board for a while! :wave: I did read ever post prior. Not trying to stir anything up, just sounded like a personal attack to me.

So then you and I just have a differece of opinion, that's strange - there haven't been any of those before on this thread :lookaroun

I was just going by your post count by saying welcome aboard :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom