Girlfriend Mad

DisneyJoe

Plan A:

1. Cancel the trip, and wish your friends well as they embark on a great vacation.
2. Rent a chick-flick, and buy plenty of popcorn.
3. Spend some quality time with your girlfriend as you lend her a shoulder on which to cry during the movie.
4. Go shopping with her and offer to hold her purse while she tries on the twentieth outfit that she has no intention of actually purchasing.
5. Talk to your friends on the phone. Oh, wait, they’ll be too busy having fun at Disney World to talk.

Plan B:

1. Remind your girlfriend of the circumstances involved in the planning of this trip.
2. Assure her that your relationship is secure, and that you will indeed miss her while you are gone.
3. Tell her that her jealousy concerning your joy, and her inability to allow you to have a good time if she is not involved, are not signs of good things to come within your relationship.
4. Buy plenty of sunblock on the way to the airport.

Yeah, “B” sounds better.

Basically if you choose Plan A you are saying that your girlfriend is in complete control of the relationship and that you probably won't ever get to spend time with your friends again - or only when she says gives her permission.

WDWmazprty

picture.php

Go without me?! How could you?!?!!? No! Never! NEVEEERRRRRRR!!!!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Ah....young love.....young drama-filled love.

Just go. If your relationship is built on anything solid it'll survive this just fine.

Skylinecar1982

Most likely with that kind of attitude she may not be in your life too long. Just go. She sounds controlling and jealous if this is something she knew you had planned for a long time.

LaughingGravy

If you go, you will have a great time with your friends who also want to be there and cared enough to plan in advance, so you know you will have a good time. :king:
If she's really for you, she'll support you having a good time for a bit, as you have indeed planned on it, and she should respect that.:kiss:

If you stay home/cancel out, you will not have a good time during the time of the trip you missed out and she will break up with you shortly after in favor of that guy next door or across the street who she sees on a regular basis, but never mentions to you. They're just friends, though...for now.

He carries her groceries in and she asks him in, but doesn't tell you about it.:animwink:
She'll tell him about how you cancelled the long in advance planned trip and why.
He'll say how you should have stood your ground and that you have no ***** and then he'll say how she should go with someone with character.
Not that you don't, but that's what he'll say.:lookaroun

She'll come over one day and say "We need to talk..." :eek:
This will be within the month after the trip you didn't go on, and are still regretting, probably just after you took her out to dinner.

She will leave after the dumping and then you will be pretty upset.
You will then quietly stalk her for wasting your time and breaking your heart, forever knowing the time you could have had with your friends will never come back as you missed out on it and as life goes on, you and your friends will end up doing different things and any thought of ever planning anything like this ever again will go out the window.
Not only will you be upset, but you will be wasting expensive gasoline.
That's if your car doesn't decide to overheat and you need to call a tow truck right in front of her place, hoping she doesn't come out and see you.

You will drive past her place as you are a passenger in the tow truck , seeing the shadows in the curtains as she will be too busy to look outside, and you will cry.:cry:

Oh, just go.:lol:

Post a pic of her, so we can help determine if it is worth your trouble, or if she is simply bat**** crazy. Yes, some of us are indeed that shallow, and we can probably tell if she is bat**** crazy by a picture.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
You had it planned, she knew. Any part in her trying to make you NOT go or make you feel guilty shows that she is the type of person that will do this to you, for as long as you are with her.

Honestly...harshly honest...Tell her she is nuts and that you are going. Hold up Jay-Z's "Da Rock" sign while telling her as well.

captainkidd

I couldn't deal with someone like that. My wife lets me go to Disney every winter for a week with one of my friends because she knows how much I love it. You can't spend every waking moment with someone. Time away is good.

foreverbelle

I too would go. I know she may be hurt and all, but if you have had this planned and she knew about it then she should support you. If you had planned it after you had met her and not told her then that would be totally different but I don't see at this stage in your relationship that you should have to cancel all plans that you have obviously had for awhile now.

Go have fun with your friends and enjoy!

mickeysshoes

I couldn't deal with someone like that. My wife lets me go to Disney every winter for a week with one of my friends because she knows how much I love it. You can't spend every waking moment with someone. Time away is good.

DH and I are together (for the most part) 24/7! We work together and have a cake business that we do together. We will celebrating 20 years while in Disney on the 20th!!!!

OP if she is like this now we will always be like this...go have fun and enjoy and if she still has a problem then she was not meant to be!

LaughingGravy

If you go, you will have a great time with your friends who also want to be there and cared enough to plan in advance, so you know you will have a good time. :king:
If she's really for you, she'll support you having a good time for a bit, as you have indeed planned on it, and she should respect that.:kiss:

If you stay home/cancel out, you will not have a good time during the time of the trip you missed out and she will break up with you shortly after in favor of that guy next door or across the street who she sees on a regular basis, but never mentions to you. They're just friends, though...for now.

He carries her groceries in and she asks him in, but doesn't tell you about it.:animwink:
She'll tell him about how you cancelled advance planned trip and why and he'll say how you should have stood your ground and that you have no ***** and then he'll say how she should go with someone with character.
Not that you don't, but that's what he'll say.:lookaroun

She'll come over one day and say "We need to talk..." :eek:
This will be within the month after the trip you didn't go on, and are still regretting.
She will leave after the dumping and then you will be pretty upset.
You will then quietly stalk her for wasting your time and breaking your heart, forever knowing the time you could have had with your friends will never come back as you first missed out on it and as life goes on, you and your friends will end up doing different things and any thought of ever planning anything like this ever again will go out the window.

You will drive past her place, seeing the shadows in the curtains, and you will cry.:cry:

Oh, just go.:lol:

Scuttle

IMHO this is a bad sign of things to come. Sounds like she wants your world to revolve around hers. I'll wager she has a fairly deep jealousy streak as well. Neither issues should be tolerated in a serious relationship and it is incredibly rare that those problems will go away without a major brake check.

Go on your trip and find a better girlfriend when you get back.

Agree. Tell her that you'll plan a trip for just you and her to go to WDW. If she complains still dump her immediately.

lighteningqueen

How long is your trip?? Tell her to book her own room and you will see her at the pool at night?? How many friends are going?? She may feel you will cheat if you have a friend she doesn't like much or does his girl like that..

Mukta

Mature adults understand that people have their own interests and plans. Your plans are not a reflection of your feelings for her.
Go on the trip and have a good time. A relationship with someone insecure will not survive anyway.

JohnLocke

How long is your trip?? Tell her to book her own room and you will see her at the pool at night?? How many friends are going?? She may feel you will cheat if you have a friend she doesn't like much or does his girl like that..

Cheating at Disney World?

I'm sure it happens, but I wouldn't think it would be very likely. And if this relationship is going to last, there has to be at least a bit of trust in it.

Sarabell

She´s just being selfish, cause I´m pretty sure one day she´ll plan a trip with her friends, or even a girls night out and you will not have saying on that matter. So just go, enjoy yourself and my little piece of advise is: and keep your cellphone off or in silent mode cause I can asure you she will be calling every 2 minutes ¨to check up on you and make sure you´re having a good time¨ while her true intentions will be to check up on you and make sure you DON´T have a good time. Plus she´ll cause you´re in a hurry to hang up on her to go on the next ride!!
(i had a boyfriend with control issues and that´s how it works!):wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom