Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Someone should make a small (avatar sized) picture that anybody that is going to the meet and/or dessert function can use as an avatar to show the huge show of support from this site. I think it'd be fun to see how many of the same avatar(s) show up.

brkgnews

Someone should make a small (avatar sized) picture that anybody that is going to the meet and/or dessert function can use as an avatar to show the huge show of support from this site. I think it'd be fun to see how many of the same avatar(s) show up.
Good idea. But I can't interfere with my upcoming EPCOT25 avatar.
:lookaroun

jedimaster1227

Just thought I would congradulate you brkgnews just in case you didn't already know... Your text logo (the one with the silver 25) has been chosen as our official text logo. It has been placed in our new promo and will be up on our website soon! :sohappy:

BSikor

Well, we do ask that everyone in your party come for the signing in, but they don't have to come extra early. As long as you all get to our table before about 15 minutes before the park opens, we can sign you at that time.

I will be there bright and early in the morning but my wife has to work. She wont be getting there until about 6:30. She may be there earlier if she can get out but I'm not counting on it. Can I sign her in and get her armband or does she have to wait till the dessert reception to get it?

jasondiff

Well, we do ask that everyone in your party come for the signing in, but they don't have to come extra early. As long as you all get to our table before about 15 minutes before the park opens, we can sign you at that time.

I will be there bright and early in the morning but my wife has to work. She wont be getting there until about 6:30. She may be there earlier if she can get out but I'm not counting on it. Can I sign her in and get her armband or does she have to wait till the dessert reception to get it?

Thanks. The family and I will be at MNSSHP the night before and while I will be just fine on 5 hours of sleep my teenage girls do not fare so well so if they can squeeze in another hour it will be a good thing.

I think for these reasons, as well as the potential problem of signing in 200+ people in the 15 minutes before park opening, that we should consider allowing one representative from a family to check-in and get the wristbands for everyone in their party. Of course if everyone wants to come that would be great, but for practical reasons as stated it's not always going to work.

From a dessert party standpoint, since it involves $$ I will have to be checking IDs and it might not be the quickest thing, so I would certainly not mind if the person that sent in the payment wants to pickup the wristbands for their entire party. It will make our lives easier if people who arrive later and are natually going to meet up with their party anyway can just get their wristband from someone in their party instead of having to track us down throughout the course of the day.

Just my opinion - we can always do the dessert party wristband distribution under a different set of guidelines if you want.

brkgnews

Just thought I would congradulate you brkgnews just in case you didn't already know... Your text logo (the one with the silver 25) has been chosen as our official text logo. It has been placed in our new promo and will be up on our website soon! :sohappy:
Sweet! I haven't had a chance to download the podcast thingy yet since I'm on my dinosaur at work. Which one of the silver 25's did we go with -- the blue celebration, or the rainbow celebration?

By the way -- shoot me an email (my wdwmagic screen name at hotmail) and I'll send you the mega-high-rez version for whatever else you'll need it for.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think for these reasons, as well as the potential problem of signing in 200+ people in the 15 minutes before park opening, that we should consider allowing one representative from a family to check-in and get the wristbands for everyone in their party. Of course if everyone wants to come that would be great, but for practical reasons as stated it's not always going to work.

From a dessert party standpoint, since it involves $$ I will have to be checking IDs and it might not be the quickest thing, so I would certainly not mind if the person that sent in the payment wants to pickup the wristbands for their entire party. It will make our lives easier if people who arrive later and are natually going to meet up with their party anyway can just get their wristband from someone in their party instead of having to track us down throughout the course of the day.

Just my opinion.
That sounds like a good idea. It would be much easier to hand 5 wristbands to 1 person vs. 5 wristbands to 5 people.

jasondiff

My only concern for ride sharing is small kids, such as I have that would require a carseat in a regular car. I'm not going to cheat or let anybody else cheat by not using a carseat and get pulled over and then get in trouble.

I agree 100%. It's something to take into account when we do any ridesharing, but not something that should stop us from doing it at all.
Actually I will likely have an empty carseat in my car for my daughter who will be coming later, so if necessary I can probably transport a small child.

Well, folks can definately get to the park prior to park opening by normal Disney means. Monorails to Epcot start running at 7:30 (I looked it up) and depending on where/what the character meal bus starts running at 7am-8am. Epcot's own transport via bus should be up by 8am.

I think it's moreso to get the wristband distributors there to setup extra early.

So the really smart idea would be to take a character breakfast bus to the MK, then a monorail to Epcot from there.

Here's my suggestion:
If you are staying at a monorail resort, take the resort monorail to the TTC with enough time to get on the very first Epcot monorail at 7:30.

If you are not staying at a monorail resort, take the early morning Epcot bus which is normally used by people going to the Norway character breakfast. This bus should start running around 7-7:30 (check with your front desk to be sure). This will be easier and you'll have less overall travel time (meaning you can leave your resort later) while still putting you at Epcot before 8:00.
Get yourself to your resort's bus stop by 7 and you'll be all set.

wannabeBelle

Hey Jason, Are we still going to be doing the wristband distribution for 1/2 hour before the party?? That way people who arent early risers ( Besides myself that is, Ill be there at the morning meet thanks to the efforts of Master Yoda) who dont have a person in their immediate family going, can grab their stuff later? Belle

dajatje

Have there been any thoughts on sending an email to people that registered to prevent awkward scenes when registering somehow failed or slipped through unnoticed?

jedimaster1227

Sweet! I haven't had a chance to download the podcast thingy yet since I'm on my dinosaur at work. Which one of the silver 25's did we go with -- the blue celebration, or the rainbow celebration?

By the way -- shoot me an email (my wdwmagic screen name at hotmail) and I'll send you the mega-high-rez version for whatever else you'll need it for.

It is the one with the blue celebration and silver 25.

Just my opinion - we can always do the dessert party wristband distribution under a different set of guidelines if you want.

That sounds fine. We can do that too, without much of a problem. And just to let you know, it isn't 200+ anymore... Its 240+! :D

Have there been any thoughts on sending an email to people that registered to prevent awkward scenes when registering somehow failed or slipped through unnoticed?

Yes, I am going to send out a confirmation email to everyone after August 30th. Once I have my final roster, I will start that process so that I prevent myself from sending duplicate emails.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think the idea is to send out the confirmation prior to Aug 30th so that anyone who thinks they're signed up, but aren't, can still sign up.

Thessair

I'm so excited I can't even see straight. I'm planning on driving over from All-Star Music early that morning so if anyone is about and doesn't want to rely on resort transportation I'd be happy to offer a lift. Speaking of offers, is there any kind of volunteer work we can sign up for to help? Passing out wristbands, manning tables, anything at all? I'd really like to be able to do something to help out. :D

As for videos of the event, I'd be more than happy to pay for something. My camcorder is a bit of a dinosaur so if anyone is willing to produce, I'm happy to shell out the cash.

jeffb

Do you know if they let you on the bus for the Norway character breakfast even if you do not have a reservation for the breakfast and does that let you off in the front of EPCOT?

Thanks

If you are not staying at a monorail resort, take the early morning Epcot bus which is normally used by people going to the Norway character breakfast. This bus should start running around 7-7:30 (check with your front desk to be sure). This will be easier and you'll have less overall travel time (meaning you can leave your resort later) while still putting you at Epcot before 8:00.
Get yourself to your resort's bus stop by 7 and you'll be all set.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Arrive as early as possible - you bet! I`m off property for the first few days so will be driving in with my hosts. Even if it means having an hour spare to say hi to everyone arriving I`ll be there. Wouldn`t miss it for the world :D

Inferno Barge Burn off - you bet!

I`ve also chatted to George McGinnis (Horizons) about the day. If he gets something offical from WDI/WDW he`ll try to make it.

And 240 people.... wow!

jasondiff

Hey Jason, Are we still going to be doing the wristband distribution for 1/2 hour before the party?? That way people who arent early risers ( Besides myself that is, Ill be there at the morning meet thanks to the efforts of Master Yoda) who dont have a person in their immediate family going, can grab their stuff later? Belle

Yes, that will be the time I will distribute any remaining dessert party wristbands which had not been picked up at the registration table in the morning. I will most likely not be distributing dessert party wristbands anytime during the day.

I will definitely send an email to all dessert party attendees during the week prior to the event spelling out all the details for wristband pickup as well as the alternate location in case of weather issues.

jasondiff

I think the idea is to send out the confirmation prior to Aug 30th so that anyone who thinks they're signed up, but aren't, can still sign up.

Good point, it will be no problem to just send out a confirmation email on/about August 25th just stating the fact they are on the list.

Do you know if they let you on the bus for the Norway character breakfast even if you do not have a reservation for the breakfast and does that let you off in the front of EPCOT?

They will let you on the bus. They only check your reservations at the turnstiles and won't let you in the park if you don't have one. The bus lets you off at the normal Epcot bus stop. (International Gateway would be closer to Norway, but there's no bus dropoff point anywhere near there!)

Arrive as early as possible - you bet! I`m off property for the first few days so will be driving in with my hosts. Even if it means having an hour spare to say hi to everyone arriving I`ll be there. Wouldn`t miss it for the world :D

Inferno Barge Burn off - you bet!

I`ve also chatted to George McGinnis (Horizons) about the day. If he gets something offical from WDI/WDW he`ll try to make it.

And 240 people.... wow!

Martin - that's awesome news about George. It would be so cool to have him come!
BTW, if you end up needing a ride from off-property because your hosts come to their senses and refuse to give you a ride before sunup, let me know, I can swing by wherever to pick you up.

Thessair

jedimaster1227 said:
It is the one with the blue celebration and silver 25.
Any chance on getting that logo on a black t-shirt? I'd certainly pony up a few bucks for one of those.

Being not of the exceptionally slim build, t-shirts usually aren't too flattering on me. Brkgnews, or any of you planning folks, would you have any objection if I tried to get myself a bowling shirt made for the event with the text logo on it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom