Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

For those of you who are going to be there on the 1st...

...are you expecting Disney to do something special for this large group of fans?

We are going to be a part of the re-dedication ceremony for sure. We are awaiting confirmations from several members of Disney Management and Imagineering to see if any will be joining us. If we recieve any confirmations, a private venue may be set up for us. There is still plenty more that I have in the works for this event that hasn't been revealed, so stayed tuned... :animwink:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Jason, since you are running the paid event for us, I do ask that you are there with me in the morning to welcome everyone and distribute the necesscary items for those who are attending the dessert party. And Jenn, since the idea was yours I ask that you be there too to greet everyone! :wave:

It will indeed be a great pleasure to do so!

I will be taking the first bus to EPCOT that morning from All Star Music .....anyone know when approximately that would be? 6:30? 7:00? 7:30?

After having some time to think about the recent exciting news a bit more, it has dawned on me that if we are to be a part of the Re-Dedication, this will more then likely be covered by possbible press, or even Disney themselves....yes? I am only assuming....but as a wise Jedi Master once said: "Do Not Assume ANYTHING..."!

I am REALLY excited at the possibility that we may be able to spend time with any of the special guests that may be coming to the Re-Dedication. It will be interesting to learn who will be there.....

:animwink:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I will do what I can to get Tony to Fl for that special day though I can't make any promises. UGGGGH! this breaks my heart I can't be there w/ you after all that fun we had in May at Disneyland.

DANNY!!! :eek:

Welcome my friend to WDWMagic.Com! THANK YOU for your help in letting Tony Baxter know about our Event. I would LOVE to have him there...of all people i think he should be there ( but that is just the JII and Figment fan in me coming out...lol!)

DisneyLand was awesome and i am coming back...probably next year! I wish you and your folks could come down for our Event. It is going to be quite a day to remember!

Thanks again for coming by to visit!
:wave:

coasterphil

I have finally signed myself up for the event. I have classes at 12 and 3 that day, so hopefully we won't be doing anything important. If it ends up that we are, then I'll just be there in the morning, leave for class, and then be back that evening to finish with the celebration. I can't miss the celebration for the park that gave me my passion for Walt Disney World, and all theme parks for that matter.

BSikor

So how early are we talking? I live locally and was thinking about being there around 7AM. If its too early and everyone is planning on being there later let me know. Also since I'm getting there so early and I know the busses don't usually run that early, I would be willing to pick a few of you up at your resorts if you wanted to get there sooner. My car seats four plus me in the drivers seat. Just PM me and let me know what resort you are at and what time you want to leave. First four people who contact me get a ride, first call first served.

jasondiff

I won't be leaving Epcot until after the Inferno Barge burnoff, to me, that will signal an end to the Celebration. :)

How feasible is it for anyone who wants to stay for that to be able to stay that long? I have seen it on EMH nights and I know it's usually 10:30 or so, but I was wondering if they sweep the park before it happens on non-EMH nights? Hanging out in a very quiet WS and chatting with friends while waiting for the burnoff would be a great way to end the day!

If they do sweep before 10:30, what about private group events? Would our event manager allow us to stay at Italy Isola after our dessert party?

I'm definitely planning to drive to Epcot that morning - I hate being at the mercy of the busses when I've got something important to do!

Jenn- if you want, since we have to get there early to get the table ready, I'll pick you up in my car. ASM is on my way coming from AKL. I don't think anyone else from my party will be up and ready to go as early as I will, so I'll have some extra capacity too for early birds. If anyone is staying at AKL, PM me if you want an extra early ride. Since it's not a morning EMH, park busses probably begin about 8:00. There's probably a 7:30-ish special bus for people who have the early reservations for the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Norway - the first seating is 8:30.

Martin- I think the group introduction stuff will work out well for anyone who gets there early to pick up registration materials at our table. It will be like a pre-meet for anyone who wants to get there extra early!

jedimaster1227

So how early are we talking? I live locally and was thinking about being there around 7AM. If its too early and everyone is planning on being there later let me know. Also since I'm getting there so early and I know the busses don't usually run that early, I would be willing to pick a few of you up at your resorts if you wanted to get there sooner. My car seats four plus me in the drivers seat. Just PM me and let me know what resort you are at and what time you want to leave. First four people who contact me get a ride, first call first served.

I will be there extra early to help set up our table. I figure if one of our videographers is willing, we can do little "Epcot Memories/Messages" (after members are signed in) to be saved for the after-event video. Anyone willing to join Jason, Jenn and I? :lookaroun

ProjectTracker

I know I'm so going to be there too. You know all of us are going to be documenting the HUGE event that will be taking place. Of course, I will be bringing my Sony Digital8 Handycam that I use on all my videos, plus I'll be bringing my mobile podcasting equipment to do put together a special episode of the MouseTimes Podcast.
So...count me in!!!

BSikor

I will be there extra early to help set up our table. I figure if one of our videographers is willing, we can do little "Epcot Memories/Messages" (after members are signed in) to be saved for the after-event video. Anyone willing to join Jason, Jenn and I? :lookaroun

As I said, I will be there! Also I've got a video/film degree yet I don't have any of my own equipment so if anyone needs an extra cameraman, let me know and I would be more than happy to assist.

jedimaster1227

As I said, I will be there! Also I've got a video/film degree yet I don't have any of my own equipment so if anyone needs an extra cameraman, let me know and I would be more than happy to assist.

Sounds good. I think after I speak to our friend at Group Services, I will get a head count of the "Morning Team."

Just to let everyone know, I have uploaded our new promo video here http://jedimaster1227.podomatic.com/. It even features the "winner" for our Text-Logo contest! I won't spoil it, but since most of us chose this one, it was expected. Congradulations and thank you for contributing! I am still accepting entries for the dialogues, but I think I will cut that off by Friday, so if anyone is still working on theirs, please submit it soon! Thank you everyone for all of your hard work! I am so excited about this event, and I'm sure I'm not alone! :wave:

I know I'm so going to be there too. You know all of us are going to be documenting the HUGE event that will be taking place. Of course, I will be bringing my Sony Digital8 Handycam that I use on all my videos, plus I'll be bringing my mobile podcasting equipment to do put together a special episode of the MouseTimes Podcast.

So...count me in!!!

This sounds great! I hope you will consider sharing any raw footage you have later for our memories video. It is great to have another podcaster along with us!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hanging out in a very quiet WS and chatting with friends while waiting for the burnoff would be a great way to end the day!

Jenn- if you want, since we have to get there early to get the table ready, I'll pick you up in my car. ASM is on my way coming from AKL. I don't think anyone else from my party will be up and ready to go as early as I will....

I am definately up for staying for the "burn off". This will be my "first time"!!! It's a must do...and i agree with Jason: What a terrific way to end what will no doubt be a very memorable day!

HUGE thanks Jason for the offer to pick me up that morning. That is very kind of you and i appreciate your offer! This will insure we all get there early enough, and it's always more fun to go with friends! :wave: What time are you thinking of arriving at the Park? I ask so i can mentally make a note of when i need to get up in the Morn and have my Mickey Waffles...

News flash: I was over at MiceChat.com and saw that our event is mentioned in their current message forum thread about EPCOT's 25th ( title: "Nothing planned to mark EPCOT's 25th??"). I have just now followed up on that poster who noticed us, and have posted a general overview and invitation over there for anyone who would like to know about it, and be a part of it! Nice to see other fans at the other Disney sites notice our Event, and help spread the word. I can see this only becoming more commonplace as the day grows closer, and word of our Party spreads out further.

Very cool!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Hi Guys, I dont post here but I'm on a few other Disney message boards, and I've known about this get together for a long time, but finally registered.

I'm truly excited about the turnout so far of this event. I was only 4 when Epcot opened to the public. I had a special stake in it's opening since my father helped to run the mainframe computers when the park opened. He was actually in comptuer area of the "Astuter Comptuer Review/Backstage Magic" show back then. I am going to try to get him to come along for this momentous occassion.

I'd also like to lend my own re-dedication speech for voting:

On October 1st, 1982, part of Walt Disney's vision and hope for the future came true. EPCOT Center showed us all how technology and commitment to the growth of our world will provide us with the best possible future. Walt Disney knew that the only way to have progress is to work together and never stop believing in our dreams. May the next 25 years continue to inspire a new generation of thinkers, believers and dreamers for the good of mankind.

Disney_Freak429

I will be there as early as you want me there ready to help with anything. I can sleep over outside the parking lot the night before if you want me too lol. So whenever the first person is getting there let me know & I will be there ready to help. :)

BSikor

I plan on getting there uber early in hopes that I could be the first person through the turnstiles for the day. Just a hope of mine. What can I say, Epcot's my girl and I love her!:)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm concerned about the buses that morning from the resorts, and if they'll run early enough. Is there a way to address this to Disney management to possibly get a count for each resort and have one "special" bus from each resort (or more if needed) that would leave at a certain time and from a certain bus stop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom