Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

dajatje

I will definitely send an email to all dessert party attendees during the week prior to the event spelling out all the details for wristband pickup as well as the alternate location in case of weather issues.

The week prior I will be on WDW property already. I am planning on purchasing some internet hours, so I should be able to receive it. The whole reason for my question in the first place was to give people a chance to re-register when something went wrong, just like mousermerf mentioned.

This only has to be some kind of confirmation mail and the dates for that mail should be published. Meaning that when you have not received a confirmation mail before 8/?? you need to get in contact.

Just a thought :)

Greets,
Dajatje

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin.....if you end up needing a ride from off-property because your hosts come to their senses and refuse to give you a ride before sunup, let me know, I can swing by wherever to pick you up.
We`ll be fine, thanks - the wonder that is the hire car. We`re only in Davenport, or 9 miles from World Drive, so it isn`t far. I hope our hosts will be with us anyhow :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Anyplace that serves mickey waffles wont be open prior to 6:30 - you might need to send a person off to retrieve food.

What?? NO Mickey Waffles???? :eek:

Du'Oh!!!!

Well i guess i will have to grab some goodies the night before and stash them in my room. Maybe a Mickey Crispy will do the trick.....

Thanks for the heads up Merf!

brkgnews

Being not of the exceptionally slim build, t-shirts usually aren't too flattering on me. Brkgnews, or any of you planning folks, would you have any objection if I tried to get myself a bowling shirt made for the event with the text logo on it?
Personally speaking, I release said artwork for the good of the event and to be used however anyone sees fit ( but I get one free -- Size XL :D :lookaroun )

However I just designed the logo -- it's really up to the peeps (jedi) who are controlling it.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow...40 more people signed up in the last few days....bringing the total up to 240+now??? Woo Hoo!!!!!

I had a feeling we would be seeing an influx of regsistrants once the "big news" broke ( regarding the Re-Dedication involvement).

Awesome...

Man we are on a ROLL now!!!!

:sohappy:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Jedimaster1227 I just tried to sign up and I'm not sure if the page is working correctly. It took forever to load and after I filled it out and clicked "Submit Registration Form" nothing happened. I don't want to keep clicking it and sign up 14 times, so I thought I'd ask if it went through. The email addy used was sweetrok5@hotmail.com and it was for 4 people. I'd be glad to try again another time if it isn't working right now. Thanks a bunch! :wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
What are the chances if I set up a cafepress store with the logo brkgnews made that I WON'T get in trouble. I'm only worried about using the old logos. I wouldn't make a profit, and would set all prices at "base level" (aka cost of materials and printing only).

jedimaster1227

Being not of the exceptionally slim build, t-shirts usually aren't too flattering on me. Brkgnews, or any of you planning folks, would you have any objection if I tried to get myself a bowling shirt made for the event with the text logo on it?

Actually I have just setup a cafepress store (no profits go to me or anyone else other than Cafepress.com) here at http://www.cafepress.com/celebration25. If none of the items listed there are suitable, then feel free to create your own item! :wave:

Wow...40 more people signed up in the last few days....bringing the total up to 240+now??? Woo Hoo!!!!!

I had a feeling we would be seeing an influx of regsistrants once the "big news" broke ( regarding the Re-Dedication involvement).

Awesome...

Man we are on a ROLL now!!!!

:sohappy:

Actually with Sweetmagic's registration, we should have 260+. :wave:

Jedimaster1227 I just tried to sign up and I'm not sure if the page is working correctly. It took forever to load and after I filled it out and clicked "Submit Registration Form" nothing happened. I don't want to keep clicking it and sign up 14 times, so I thought I'd ask if it went through. The email addy used was sweetrok5@hotmail.com and it was for 4 people. I'd be glad to try again another time if it isn't working right now. Thanks a bunch! :wave:

I just did a test and it worked so the form is working again. It probably stopped during my update to the site as I was adding the new store link. If you have any more problems, I will see what I can do to fix up the form and add you! :wave:

What are the chances if I set up a cafepress store with the logo brkgnews made that I WON'T get in trouble. I'm only worried about using the old logos. I wouldn't make a profit, and would set all prices at "base level" (aka cost of materials and printing only).

I think I beat you to it. If there are more items we need from cafepress, just let me know and I will set them up so we have a single location.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I just did a test and it worked so the form is working again. It probably stopped during my update to the site as I was adding the new store link. If you have any more problems, I will see what I can do to fix up the form and add you! :wave:

Got it, thanks :animwink: I must have been there while you were updating. I just realized I didn't put my forum name anywhere, but I guess that doesn't make a whole lotta difference hopefully...thanks again!

jasondiff

The week prior I will be on WDW property already. I am planning on purchasing some internet hours, so I should be able to receive it. The whole reason for my question in the first place was to give people a chance to re-register when something went wrong, just like mousermerf mentioned.

This only has to be some kind of confirmation mail and the dates for that mail should be published. Meaning that when you have not received a confirmation mail before 8/?? you need to get in contact.

Just a thought :)

Greets,
Dajatje

Here's my plan as far as dessert party registration goes:

I will send out a confirmation email on 8/24 to all who have registered and paid. I will also post here in this thread when it goes out. That way if you don't get it but you thought you registered and paid, then you can email me.

I will also send out an informational email sometime in the week prior to 10/1 with any last-minute info such as the alternate weather location. I will not have that info more than a week in advance so I can't send it out sooner. For those that will be en route or in WDW for that week, the same information will also be distributed in the morning with the wristbands. And if all else fails, in the unfortunate event we need to utilize the alternate location, Event Services will post a CM at Italy Isola to tell people where to go instead.

I think this will cover all the bases.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Thanks for getting it on the shop...now if I could only get that shirt in black :)

*hint hint*

I suppose the original file would have to be edited with a black background for them though.

napnet

I just saw this...

Until now, it was looking like the most ambitious Epcot 25th anniversary public event was being produced by Adam Roth, a remarkable 16-year-old fan from Celebration, with the help of some other Disney World fans. But now it looks as if Walt Disney World and Walt Disney Imagineering are stepping up, and will be offering some sort of "rededication ceremony" to mark the park's 25th on Oct. 1.

Word has it that Epcot's planning to have dignitaries such as Imagineering legend Marty Sklar come in for the fun.

When Disney officials announced in January that they were planning nothing public for the anniversary, Adam and some others, including Jenn Waitt, began organizing a privately-sponsored public celebration called Celebration 25, spelled out on Adam's website Dreamfinder Forever. They've been working with Epcot's special events office, and Adam advises now that they've gotten word from that office about the Disney-produced public celebration.
Adam said Celebration 25 has 240 participants registered thusfar. Details of their celebration will be coming.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2007/07/epcot-rededicat.html

EpcotServo

I just saw this...

Until now, it was looking like the most ambitious Epcot 25th anniversary public event was being produced by Adam Roth, a remarkable 16-year-old fan from Celebration, with the help of some other Disney World fans. But now it looks as if Walt Disney World and Walt Disney Imagineering are stepping up, and will be offering some sort of "rededication ceremony" to mark the park's 25th on Oct. 1.

Hey, we're "Ambitious"! Nice!

Now if we could only get 60 more people...that would be the BEST!

" No retreat. No surrender. That is Disney geek law, and BY Disney geek law, we will STAND and FIGHT! A new age of Epcot is upon us! An age of FREEDOM. An age of REASON. And all will know that 300 Disney fans gave their last breath to defend it!!!"

:lol:

-SIR-

Wow! this certainly has turned into a big deal! Ive never seen anything like this! I think you guys have convinced me to go! I might be by myself but it looks like ill have plenty of people to keep me company... Epcot deserves something like this... for sure! Count me in!

wannabeBelle

I just saw this...

Word has it that Epcot's planning to have dignitaries such as Imagineering legend Marty Sklar come in for the fun.

When Disney officials announced in January that they were planning nothing public for the anniversary, Adam and some others, including Jenn Waitt, began organizing a privately-sponsored public celebration called Celebration 25, spelled out on Adam's website Dreamfinder Forever. They've been working with Epcot's special events office, and Adam advises now that they've gotten word from that office about the Disney-produced public celebration.
Adam said Celebration 25 has 240 participants registered thusfar. Details of their celebration will be coming.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2007/07/epcot-rededicat.html

Extraordinary!!!! Belle

Gorjus

Question:
I did register for the general event. However, as a cast member, I won't know my schedule till a week and a half before the event. Shoot, at this time, I don't even know what park I'll be in Oct 1.

Do we need wristbands for general events, or just the desert party?
What if I can't get to the event till after work ?(if I'm working late, before work should be no problem)
And I don't eat deserts as a rule, especially if I am consuming alcohol. Is it possible to just come, use the cash bar, and enjoy the fireworks? Perhaps 2 different color wristbands, one for those enjoying deserts and one for those enjoying the cash bar.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom