Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

BSikor

I'm concerned about the buses that morning from the resorts, and if they'll run early enough. Is there a way to address this to Disney management to possibly get a count for each resort and have one "special" bus from each resort (or more if needed) that would leave at a certain time and from a certain bus stop?

I would doubt it. I offered earlier in a post that if anyone needs a ride from a resort I can fit 4 in my car and Im willing to give someone a list. PM me if your interested.

Figment82

How feasible is it for anyone who wants to stay for that to be able to stay that long? I have seen it on EMH nights and I know it's usually 10:30 or so, but I was wondering if they sweep the park before it happens on non-EMH nights? Hanging out in a very quiet WS and chatting with friends while waiting for the burnoff would be a great way to end the day!

Trust me, it will not be a problem. Guests are usually still eating or shopping at that time (thus the need to add a warning announcement to the Burnoff). I've watched it many, many times as a Guest and have never had anyone approach me. Once it starts hitting 11/11:30, that's a problem and you need to start heading for the exit.

As for those of you who are planning to "take on security" to stay in the park the latest, I know you guys are joking, but PLEASE do not intend to stay later than 11ish. It's simple courtesy.

I'm glad you all enjoy my Burnoff gathering idea. I'm a huge fan of the Inferno Barge (even made a t-shirt that says "I (heart) the Inferno Barge") so watching the Burnoff is one of my favorite little moments at Epcot. I think it would be wonderful to have everyone gathered near the Towers to watch, then walk out to the entrance plaza and disperse.

jasondiff

I am definately up for staying for the "burn off". This will be my "first time"!!! It's a must do...and i agree with Jason: What a terrific way to end what will no doubt be a very memorable day!

HUGE thanks Jason for the offer to pick me up that morning. That is very kind of you and i appreciate your offer! This will insure we all get there early enough, and it's always more fun to go with friends! :wave: What time are you thinking of arriving at the Park? I ask so i can mentally make a note of when i need to get up in the Morn and have my Mickey Waffles...

No problem! Not sure what time yet, it depends on how early the table will be set up for us. Once we have that info we'll figure out a time, but I'm figuring 6:30-7 or so.

Is the dessert party full?

No, we have 50-60 right now, capacity is 200. But the cutoff date is August 28, so keep that in mind!

jasondiff

I'm concerned about the buses that morning from the resorts, and if they'll run early enough. Is there a way to address this to Disney management to possibly get a count for each resort and have one "special" bus from each resort (or more if needed) that would leave at a certain time and from a certain bus stop?

As I said, I think the earliest bus is going to be a character breakfast bus for the Norway breakfast. The first seating for that is 8:30 I believe. Figuring 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to Norway, those busses will probably pick-up at the resorts at around 7:30. Guests should check with the front desk of their resort to confirm the time. These busses don't say "Epcot" on the front so it's important to look into this at the front desk in advance.

I think the best bet for anyone who really wants to be there before 8:00 is to drive/catch a ride. We can start a ridesharing thread around mid-September to help organize.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Trust me, it will not be a problem. Guests are usually still eating or shopping at that time (thus the need to add a warning announcement to the Burnoff). I've watched it many, many times as a Guest and have never had anyone approach me. Once it starts hitting 11/11:30, that's a problem and you need to start heading for the exit.

As for those of you who are planning to "take on security" to stay in the park the latest, I know you guys are joking, but PLEASE do not intend to stay later than 11ish. It's simple courtesy.

I'm glad you all enjoy my Burnoff gathering idea. I'm a huge fan of the Inferno Barge (even made a t-shirt that says "I (heart) the Inferno Barge") so watching the Burnoff is one of my favorite little moments at Epcot. I think it would be wonderful to have everyone gathered near the Towers to watch, then walk out to the entrance plaza and disperse.
I wouldent dream of it. I do plan on staying for the inferno barge burn off. I have seen video but have never seen it in person.

jeffb

I'm truly excited about the turnout so far of this event. I was only 4 when Epcot opened to the public. I had a special stake in it's opening since my father helped to run the mainframe computers when the park opened. He was actually in comptuer area of the "Astuter Comptuer Review/Backstage Magic" show back then. I am going to try to get him to come along for this momentous occassion.

Chris,

I would love to hear some of Dad's thoughts / memories of what it was like back in the early 80s. If you have some pics from back them, please consider posting them in the WDW picture of the day thread.

Jeff

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
As I said, I think the earliest bus is going to be a character breakfast bus for the Norway breakfast. The first seating for that is 8:30 I believe. Figuring 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to Norway, those busses will probably pick-up at the resorts at around 7:30. Guests should check with the front desk of their resort to confirm the time. These busses don't say "Epcot" on the front so it's important to look into this at the front desk in advance.

I think the best bet for anyone who really wants to be there before 8:00 is to drive/catch a ride. We can start a ridesharing thread around mid-September to help organize.

My only concern for ride sharing is small kids, such as I have that would require a carseat in a regular car. I'm not going to cheat or let anybody else cheat by not using a carseat and get pulled over and then get in trouble.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quick question for the morning check in.....
Do all members of our party need to be there to check in or can I check my family in and have them arrive a little later...say 8:30 ish?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, folks can definately get to the park prior to park opening by normal Disney means. Monorails to Epcot start running at 7:30 (I looked it up) and depending on where/what the character meal bus starts running at 7am-8am. Epcot's own transport via bus should be up by 8am.

I think it's moreso to get the wristband distributors there to setup extra early.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
So the really smart idea would be to take a character breakfast bus to the MK, then a monorail to Epcot from there.

jedimaster1227

Quick question for the morning check in.....
Do all members of our party need to be there to check in or can I check my family in and have them arrive a little later...say 8:30 ish?

Well, we do ask that everyone in your party come for the signing in, but they don't have to come extra early. As long as you all get to our table before about 15 minutes before the park opens, we can sign you at that time.

I think it's moreso to get the wristband distributors there to setup extra early.

Basically. We will also be setting up a few interview/message cameras to capture some moments at the sign in table.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, we do ask that everyone in your party come for the signing in, but they don't have to come extra early. As long as you all get to our table before about 15 minutes before the park opens, we can sign you at that time.
Thanks. The family and I will be at MNSSHP the night before and while I will be just fine on 5 hours of sleep my teenage girls do not fare so well so if they can squeeze in another hour it will be a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom