Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Scar Junior

Name tags are a must... however, I believe we can be more creative than just the average 'hello my name is...'

I'm sure its possible to create our own disney-inspired design while keeping the price down. Heck, all we need is a few people to chip in a few bucks and we can cover the cost. Something that would make a nice keepsake and honor the park. It doesn't need to be Epcot oriented... (we could create some sort of three circled mouse-ears name tags) though I think it would be cool to have Epcot themed tags to honor the park.

Anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I could put togther a design incorporating the logo i did ( shown on the EPCOT 25th web page at Dreamfinder Forever) without much trouble. Duplicating those with a color copier, cut them out, and stick them inside those plastic name tag holders you use at conventions, etc....and there you go!

When the date gets closer, and we get a real sense of how many will be there, i can get this together.

I was at EPCOT yesterday for a couple of hours to see how progress is coming along in some of the "hotspots". Naturally i also had to stop by MouseGear and pick up one of those new RetroCot t-shirts.....lol....

The place looked great and i was telling the friend i was with who lives locally about our little "rally" for the 25th and he will more then likely be coming.

I am still very keen on the Dessert Finale option for us to finish the day with in style. Jedimaster if you are reading this, let's start talking about how we are going to handle the costs, and how we will be able to get folks coming to pitch in. PayPal account is a good idea, but what about those who don't have one?

There has also been talk of us maybe being able to get a space on donation from someone in the Park, or in the Company if we are a large enough group. Any further insight into this? I know it's early but i would like to firm things up a teeny bit just to be sure i don't lose the all-important October 1st date.

Yesterday the Park was looking great. I REALLY like what they have done with the entrance of SSE. The retro colors are back, painted behind the SSE sign as you enter. I remember it being darker when they first painted it...now it's a nice bright turqouise/purple ( original EC colors..YAY!). That was nice to see. Lots going on in the postshow too...all you could smell was freshly cut wood and a lot of bright lighting behind the walls.

I was only there for about 2 hours, but was able to check out the new Nemo ride at The Seas. The reason i rode it was to see the impressive Angler Fish AA, but would'nt you know it the thing was not running! Argh!! The rest of the ride was ok.....but again i am not a big fan of video-screen attracions. IT would have been cooler to see AA's in here man...

Oh well....

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Where be this purple you speak of on SSE?

I know the turquoise swooshes are from Siemens, i don't recall anything being purple though.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Where be this purple you speak of on SSE?

I know the turquoise swooshes are from Siemens, i don't recall anything being purple though.

Well maybe my eyes are going..but the painted "swish" includes "Epcot Purple". I remember it made me stop and look as i don't recall it being painted that way when i was here in September last year.

It looks FANTASTIC and very retro. Now if they can just find the time to clean the beautiful "Comminications" mural out by the front entrance things will be very sweet!

Note i did not even mention the "extension" that could use a good dispatching.....lol.........***cough**wand**cough**.....:drevil:

brkgnews

Now there's a fine portmanteau!
I thought so -- right along the lines of Innoventions, Communicore, Transcenter, clammobiles, IllumiNations (I know... but screw it, I'm counting that one anyway), etc.

And besides, I know you just wanted to prove that you know what portmanteau means. :D

SirNim

And besides, I know you just wanted to prove that you know what portmanteau means. :D
:lol: Darn right!

btw, I too certainly consider IllumiNations to be one. It's just happenstance that the same word, sans an interior capitalized letter, also exists!

jedimaster1227

I could put togther a design incorporating the logo i did ( shown on the EPCOT 25th web page at Dreamfinder Forever) without much trouble. Duplicating those with a color copier, cut them out, and stick them inside those plastic name tag holders you use at conventions, etc....and there you go!

When the date gets closer, and we get a real sense of how many will be there, i can get this together.

I was at EPCOT yesterday for a couple of hours to see how progress is coming along in some of the "hotspots". Naturally i also had to stop by MouseGear and pick up one of those new RetroCot t-shirts.....lol....

The place looked great and i was telling the friend i was with who lives locally about our little "rally" for the 25th and he will more then likely be coming.

I am still very keen on the Dessert Finale option for us to finish the day with in style. Jedimaster if you are reading this, let's start talking about how we are going to handle the costs, and how we will be able to get folks coming to pitch in. PayPal account is a good idea, but what about those who don't have one?

If you would ike to set up a Paypal account closer to the time we find out prices, that would be fine, but I am a little too uncomfortable dealing with a large number of people's money, hence the reason I never went into marketing or banking... For the nametags, we can definitely work that out. I am currently in Canada and when I return, I plan on finishing our proposal/letter to Epcot management about the event so that we may be better recognized. As of today we have over 125 people total confirmed with possible additions to these parties closer to the date. We will be sending out our first confirmation email within the next few weeks, so if you haven't signed up, do so that way you won't miss out on the fun! Also, if we are able to get the dinner finale, we could work it into the schedule. My hope is that we may get one of the lounges opened up for us, but we will have to see how many people we have joining us in the end. Remember, people can meet up with us as unregistered guests, but without reservations (registration), you will not be able to get any of the perks that our group will get.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
SOunds like as good plan Jedimaster, as i would also rather not get money involved in this, exspecially OTHER people's money.

125 now? Nice. This is going to be great!

maharet97a

Maybe there is some way Disney can handle the financial side of it, with people paying to them instead or something. I can completely understand not wanting to be responsible for other people's money, but remember with PayPal, the buyers (participants) are protected by PayPal. The seller (person responsible for getting money to Disney) is protected by PP's policies as well. This is just something else to consider.

jasondiff

I'm pretty sure to do an IllumiNations Dessert Party you'll have to book it with Disney in advance and put down a deposit (probably around $1000). So money will have to come into play somehow in order to be able to do the Dessert Party.
I don't think the minimum # of guests required by Disney is a lot, and you'll know the price, so it will be pretty simple to just collect the money from people who want to do the Dessert Party, then pay Disney. Final numbers will probably be needed 72 hours in advance.

jedimaster1227

125 now? Nice. This is going to be great!

This is going to be a really fun event! :sohappy:

Maybe there is some way Disney can handle the financial side of it, with people paying to them instead or something. I can completely understand not wanting to be responsible for other people's money, but remember with PayPal, the buyers (participants) are protected by PayPal. The seller (person responsible for getting money to Disney) is protected by PP's policies as well. This is just something else to consider.

After looking farther into the whole corporate events section of Disney, I realized that they do cover this option if the managers of the event wish so. I am always cautious about paypal and if we decide that we will do a corporate option through Disney (like the Illuminations dessert finale), it will be better to let them handle to money so that the funds go directly to them, and not to any other account where they could be lost in the translation.

I'm pretty sure to do an IllumiNations Dessert Party you'll have to book it with Disney in advance and put down a deposit (probably around $1000). So money will have to come into play somehow in order to be able to do the Dessert Party.
I don't think the minimum # of guests required by Disney is a lot, and you'll know the price, so it will be pretty simple to just collect the money from people who want to do the Dessert Party, then pay Disney. Final numbers will probably be needed 72 hours in advance.

If we decide to do this, we will make the reservation long before 72 hours in advance comes along. I have a very strong feeling that we won't be the only ones there celebrating Epcot's 25th with the use of the corporate meetings option. The reason that I haven't said that this is a definite yet (one reason is because it isn't all up to me, two is that I haven't sent in our letter to Epcot management and there is a chance that they might set something up instead) is that I am looking into more options than just the Dessert Party, as I have though up some nice ways to celebrate. Thank goodness for long flights-they allow you to think about many different things with limited interuptions. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom