Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
A shirt with dreamfinder forever's main page logo on the front breast and this on the back would be pretty sweet.

I would have to agree!!

As the artist who created the logo on the Epcot 25 Event page on Dreamfinder Forever, i give full permission to do so if someone would like to offer to make them up. May i suggest however that WDWFigments cool logo be used on the front breast, as it is not as complicated as my logo is and would probably translate better in a smaller size. Jedimaster, is it possible to post my 25th Logo up here so people can see what we are talking about? I think a shirt with the Old School EPCOT insignia on the front breast, and my logo on the back would like pretty hot.

All i ask is for a shirt for myself!

Awesome job with that logo WDWFigment.....i REALLY like this one a LOT!

Jedimaster.....you really have me curious now!

:animwink:

WDWFigment

Awesome job with that logo WDWFigment.....i REALLY like this one a LOT!

:animwink:

I would love to take credit for the great logo, but I did not create it, Figment82 did; I was quoting a previous post above mine.

Just want to give credit where credit is due for the great design!

Legacy

I hate to sound like a spoil sport, but the ideas to use the Epcot logo from when the park first opened is inviting trouble. When you start recreating copyrighted material (especially when it's Disney's material), people tend to get a little upset. And that doesn't limit itself to designs... phrases can cause the same reaction.

That's my own quiet little beef with some of the ideas going around...

wannabeBelle

Just got Marie @ Kingdom Konsultant to book my Sept-Oct trip. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Hey there!!! You are so very welcome!!! If I can I will pop in to the Meet at least for a bit. I was reading some of this thread so forgive me if this has been discussed earlier. If there is any problems with using any of Disney logos, terms, phrases etc. why not use some of the merchandise that already exists for WDWMagic?? I Agree that having EPCOT specific stuff would be cool, but if it will cause some problems, the WDWMagic stuff might be a nice alternate?? Also great job to the coordinators regarding underage kids must be accompanied by a person over the age of 18!!!! Belle

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Looks like our fan movement is gaining steam:

Readers of WDWMagic probably know by now that EPCOT Center "old-school" style t-shirts were spotted last night at MouseGear!

WOweee!!!!!

Check out the "News n' Rumors" section here, and read all about it!!

:wave:

I'm currently in Orlando ( though not at WDW..) and seeing this news break makes me want to visit ALL THE MORE...just to get one of those cool shirts!

Mail order, here i come!

jedimaster1227

While I doubt that these shirts were released due to our cause or the cause of all of the collective that want celebration for Epcot's 25th, it is good to see that they are still doing something to honor the date, though I truly doubt that this is all we will see of Epcot's 25th before October 1st, 2007.

maharet97a

Found this on ebay today if anyone is interested. They don't have a whole lot in the way of cool T's, but I had to laugh at the amount of costumes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Epcot-T...6QQihZ011QQcategoryZ28022QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wait. This is pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-1983-Di...092852032QQcategoryZ35843QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Holy crap! I remember this. Not the cups, but the stunts. I have pictures of it somewhere. And people walking the high wire!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-Disney-Epc...05QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1380QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alright. I'm done now. :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well okay...maybe i was being a little too forward thinking in pretending that the new shirts are a reflection of this "movement"...lol!

Still, it's way cool to see the new "old' shirts make a comeback!

jasondiff

I just booked my trip for Sept 29 - Oct 6, at the Beach Club Villas (walking distance to Epcot - woohoo!).
And I just signed up for the meet, so now there's 3 more people added to the list!

I did the Illuminations dessert party for my wedding back in September 2003. At that time we had ~50 people and reserved the Italy isola (bigger than the UK spot) and it was something around $22 per person if I remember correctly, for desserts, lemonade, and iced tea, with alcoholic drinks extra. Maybe closer to $25-30 now, but I'd be willing to pay that.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Great to hear that Jason....

Wow i definately need to check this out! I think it would be awesome to have a dessert finale to end the special day!

:)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Great news today: Looks like i WILL be able to hit the Parks while i am currently in town here in Sunny Orlando! Yee Hah!

Anyone here going to be around in the MK or EC tomorrow (10th) or Monday? (11th)

nelsonj3

I am planning a move to the Orlando area sometime this summer. I will definitely be there on October 1st to celebrate with everyone!!

I first visited Epcot when it was still Epcot Center in 1984. I was amazed at everything I saw and heard. I really do think that my current tastes in music and art were very much formed from my experiences at Epcot.

Now I have to go back and read all 21 pages of this thread to make sure that I didn't miss anything that I need to know! :wave:

Scar Junior

You see... you work hard at school and miss out on all the fun! I may be late coming into this thread, but fear not...

I just registered! I'll be there. Can't wait to meet you guys (and gals)!

EDIT... I'm going to try to get a bunch of CPs to go as well. I won't know for a few months how many I can get, but I will work on it.

EpcotServo

I'm very excited. Now to put that in a box and save it for October! I'm glad this little idea by a few people has now turned into a 20+ thread page, as I hoped. I wonder if we'll get a way overblown news story on the local news when It get's closer?

Well, Disney may not be celebrating on Epcot's 25th Birthday, but fans have a diffrent Idea! We turn now to Derk Cliffton at Disney for the whole story...

-shows Derk in front of the Crossroads Plaza gate, which isn't really AT Disney-

On October 1st, the troubled park EPCOT will turn 25.

-cuts to REALLY old 90's file footage-

And while Disney may not be doing much, (pause) the fans WILL. A small group of very vocal fans will be attending a "Party" Of sorts. On many diffrent Internet sites,

-Shows front page of WDW Magic.-

fans are planning a gathering to discuss and celebrate Epcot. When our ActionTeam XD asked Disney about the event, Disney market reps gave us this answer...
"We are unable to comment at this time."
Interesting stuff. -cuts back to Derk-
And join us back here at ActionTeam 5:00 ActionEvening news for more on the story, And I'll talk to experts about WHAT these fans are thinking.

-Shows clip of some random supposed "Theme Park expert", but is really just some guy in Orlando saying something anybody could think of.-

"The fans care..."

-cuts back to newsroom-

Let's hope the weather holds out! What do you think Jim Kaystorm? How does the weekend look on the ActionTeamStrataDoppler DX?

:lol:

LeeLee D

Count me in! :wave:
Oct 1st is my b-day too - though I passed 25 a few years ago.:cool:
It will be great to celebrate with EPCOT fans!

EpcotServo

One thing I don't think we've covered enough, is the nametag issue. We agreed that we need them I think, but I don't remember making any solid plans. Perhaps some of those tacky "Hello, my name is..." tags are in order?
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom