Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jasondiff

If we decide to do this, we will make the reservation long before 72 hours in advance comes along. I have a very strong feeling that we won't be the only ones there celebrating Epcot's 25th with the use of the corporate meetings option. The reason that I haven't said that this is a definite yet (one reason is because it isn't all up to me, two is that I haven't sent in our letter to Epcot management and there is a chance that they might set something up instead) is that I am looking into more options than just the Dessert Party, as I have though up some nice ways to celebrate. Thank goodness for long flights-they allow you to think about many different things with limited interuptions. :animwink:

I didn't mean that you had to make the reservation 72 hours in advance, but that the final number of people will be due 72 hours in advance.

Actually I suggest that booking a location for a Dessert Party be done fairly soon. Wedding and reception locations could be tentatively reserved a year in advance and formally booked 7 months in advance. (This was in 2003, I'm not sure if things changed since then.)

If you want, I can give a call to my wedding coordinator and ask her for current prices and details; let me know.

maharet97a

Has anyone contacted any of the other fan boards about the get together? One possibility (depending on the amount of exposure and amount of people you want) is to send the info and site to Whitney Matheson, writer of USA Today's Pop Candy Blog. She often posts things like this and may be willing to do so for you as the date gets closer.

jedimaster1227

If you want, I can give a call to my wedding coordinator and ask her for current prices and details; let me know.

If you could get those prices and details, that would be great. If possible, could you also see some of the other package prices available?

Can we get a list of people going?

We are not able to release any names right now as we said that each parties' registration is confidential. We are only able to provide numbers of how many people are attending, but you will find that the majority of the people that have posted on this thread plan on attending.

Has anyone contacted any of the other fan boards about the get together? One possibility (depending on the amount of exposure and amount of people you want) is to send the info and site to Whitney Matheson, writer of USA Today's Pop Candy Blog. She often posts things like this and may be willing to do so for you as the date gets closer.

We are having a spot on the Bare Necessities section of the Lets Talk About Disney podcast sometime soon, along with a recent spot on Screamscape. Also, someone posted about the event on an Epcot blog. I don't think that we should spam the Disney related forums by advertising the event, but if you are interested in expanding the event to admit more guests, we do ask that you show us before you release it, as we don't want the event to get a negative look.

As for the USA Today's Pop Candy Blog, I will check into it, but if anyone has any experience with her blog previously, if you could please Private Message me some instructions on how to submit information, that would be great!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Just bumping this up ...can't let this just sit on page 4 ya' know!

I was back in the Park the other day ( a unexpected surprise, but wonderful none the less!) and walked by the big logo behind the Fountain of Nations and though of all of you here...all of you coming in October to join us for this big event!

Can't wait!!

jasondiff

jedimaster,
I got an email from my wedding coordinator and she's now a floral coordinator, so she suggested I call the main sales line, and sent the phone number. If you want me to call and get info I certainly can, but I wanted to check if you had already begun to pursue it. Let me know.

jedimaster1227

jedimaster,
I got an email from my wedding coordinator and she's now a floral coordinator, so she suggested I call the main sales line, and sent the phone number. If you want me to call and get info I certainly can, but I wanted to check if you had already begun to pursue it. Let me know.

I haven't had time to investigate our options, so if you could get us some info on different options, that would be amazing! :D

Eyorefan

I'm excited. I just booked my reservations for the beach club so that I can be there for the big get together!!!!:sohappy:

The lady that took my reservations thought I was crazy..."You're coming from Texas and you're only staying one night?" :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Ha ha! Yeah, but WHAT a night!

Oh i forgot to mention this earlier...at least i think i have not mentioned it yet ( i'm losing my memory at this point..!)

When i was at EPCOT last week i went to the last showing of The American Adventure for the night. I met a older CM there who liked my new RetroCot shirt i had just bought 2 days prior at MouseGear ( yeah..THOSE shirts!). We struck up a fun little banter, firing off the different ways the EPCOT lettering can stand for: Stuff like: "Every Parent Come Out Tired" and "Every Purse Comes Out Empty"...lol. So there we are talking about Old Epcot before the show starts and he starts telling me that there will be more merch coming out for the 25th Anniversary. He also said some things are in the works ....yay!

Now before everyone gets too excited...remember that such things spoken by CM's can sometimes set off rampany rumours. This CM though i trust, as i have seen him there before a few years back and he is a older gent, not some College Teen. So it sounds promising....but again, take it with a grain of salt!

Sorry if i already mentioned it here on a previous page....it's a nice tidbit of info that needed to be included !

Anyway..let's carry on!

I bought a old EPCOT Center button off of Ebay recently, specifically to wear that day! I have myself all kitted out now: Black EPCOT Center tee with confetti ( from the early to mid 80's)- check. Figment hat ( with horns..) from 1982....check. EPCOT Center pin in bright pinks/purples from 1982...check. Various other pins...check. Original Figment plush ( lrg) from 1982 ( the real deal!)...check!

Okay...anything i am missing? Hmmm...need to find some EPCOT Center shoelaces methinks....lol....
Oh wait! My original EC Ticket! I still have One Day left on it from 1983! Dang...hate to use up that old "World Passport" but what better day, huh? Hard to beleive back then you could buy a 3 day Pass with Parkhopper ( 2 Parks then) and no expiration ever...all for $38!!

Well i got my money's worth i think.....

:D

jasondiff

I have a call in to Disney Catering which does the Illuminations Dessert Party. They are supposed to call me back in the next day or two. We can have whatever kind of food we want - at my wedding we did desserts because it was after the reception, but we could have hors d'oeuvres or whatever. If anyone wants to voice any ideas, I will ask about specifics when I talk to them.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yeah, i hear you!

I have always been very fond of the "Experimental Cake of Tomorrow"....i always wanted to eat one of the JII pyramids! LOL!

Yes, i would agee that doing desserts would probably work out best..as EVERYONE likes the sweet stuff! I would definately consider that.

I would love to arrange for a cake to be made with the old EPCOT Center logo. It would probably have to be a good size sheet cake to handle the crowd i am hoping to attract to this event. So far we are up to 150+ i believe, and once people know in more details what is going to take place, and if Disney announces the Free Dining Plan offer again....i can almost guarentee we will see a increase suddenly in registrations.

So a sheet cake would be cool...i'm sure Disney Catering has done many othese before for other events. Hopefully it will not cost us a mint and a half though!

:eek:

jedimaster1227

I apologize for my brevity with the updates lately but I am currently housing an exchange student from Japan and working to let him enjoy Orlando. We took him to Disney on Saturday and he loved it. We took him to Universal and he thought it was just alright. He leaves next Friday, so once he is gone, I will resume full motion on getting this celebration kicking...

I still have a few suprises up my sleeves... :animwink:

Jekyll_Baker

Yeah, i hear you!

I have always been very fond of the "Experimental Cake of Tomorrow"....i always wanted to eat one of the JII pyramids! LOL!

Yes, i would agee that doing desserts would probably work out best..as EVERYONE likes the sweet stuff! I would definately consider that.

I would love to arrange for a cake to be made with the old EPCOT Center logo. It would probably have to be a good size sheet cake to handle the crowd i am hoping to attract to this event. So far we are up to 150+ i believe, and once people know in more details what is going to take place, and if Disney announces the Free Dining Plan offer again....i can almost guarentee we will see a increase suddenly in registrations.

So a sheet cake would be cool...i'm sure Disney Catering has done many othese before for other events. Hopefully it will not cost us a mint and a half though!

:eek:

Just for a point of reference, a "full" sheet cake (16"x24") can easily feed 75-180 people, depending on the size of piece cut. If cut to "wedding cake size" pieces (which is usually about 1"x2"), then you can get close to the 180 servings. The "Experimental Cake of Tomorrow" looks like a double sheet cake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom