Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I think donations to the Dream Team is a great collaboration. It will be great that not only do we make a mark on the event festivities, but get to be acknowledged for contributing to a great cause near and dear to many who are helping us with this event. I'll be contributing at sign in and if bar fee is waived, that will be an additional bonus.

Just one more reason to feel good about participating in this event!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will be there on Oct 1st with family in tow. But I do expect everyone to give ME, yes ME some love. I will be turning the big 3-5 on Sept 28th. So I'm slightly older than Epcot by 10 years.

Hopefully Disney is aware of this fact and two birthdays can be celebrated that day.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll be there to celebrate for ya Kevin. October birthdays are not to be taken slightly. I'll even give you some love...although I'm sure there will be a scandal...just have your lovely wife look the other way! :lookaroun

sissa216

Hi everybody! I will not be there (and there is no way I am going to read through all of this, so I have no idea WHAT could be going on in here, lol)
But I was bored and came across something a few in here might appreciate
over here

EpcotServo

Monday night----( 8ish) The Illuminations Finale Dessert Party. This will be a added bonus added onto our Event, this being something you need to register and pay for in advance ( more info contained within the link in my signature!). TODAY is the last day to register for the Dessert Party...so ACT FAST if you want to join in on that aspect of the Event! It will be private party in a reserved area perfect for veiwing the nightly fireworks at EPCOT. Lots of yummy pastries as well as liquid refreshments will be on hand.

Late Monday night ( 10 to 11ish) -----The Inferno Barge BURN OFF! EPCOT's 25th is now officially over!

So there is a run down breifing. Again, feel free to ask any questions!

:wave:
Hey, I've got a quick idea. Let's set up another Illuminations viewing spot for those of us who can't spend money for the dessert. Maybe something near the island where the main thing will be so we can still be in the same area. I'd be glad to hammer out the details for that if it sounds ok. I really wish I could go for the private party, but I'd rather spend that money on all the 25th stuff coming out.

"What do you think, Sirs?"
:D

jasondiff

Hey, I've got a quick idea. Let's set up another Illuminations viewing spot for those of us who can't spend money for the dessert. Maybe something near the island where the main thing will be so we can still be in the same area. I'd be glad to hammer out the details for that if it sounds ok. I really wish I could go for the private party, but I'd rather spend that money on all the 25th stuff coming out.

"What do you think, Sirs?"
:D

I will ask out event coordinator tomorrow if the two triangular-shaped areas next to the Italy Isola are booked for any events that evening. If not then these would be great areas.

jasondiff

Tonight's email confirmations for the Celebration 25 general event just went out for anyone who registered before 9:30 pm. If you didn't get one let us know.

For previously-registered attendees who are adding people to their party, it is better if you email Adam to update the number in your party than to register a second time for the extra people. This way we'll know for sure the total number in your party instead of having to guess whether the second registration was for more people or just a duplicate registration. Otherwise we'll have to contact you by email to confirm the number.

Figment82

Haha - I'm pleased to see that my idea of having the Inferno Barge burnoff mark the end of the evening made it to the schedule of events. Will there be a designated place that we will all watch this from, where we could all do a mass countdown and cheer? We could either stay where we are in Italy and mingle for the hour in between or we could regroup in between the two Towers so we could be closer to the exit so as not to give the closing team a coronary. :)

jasondiff

Haha - I'm pleased to see that my idea of having the Inferno Barge burnoff mark the end of the evening made it to the schedule of events. Will there be a designated place that we will all watch this from, where we could all do a mass countdown and cheer? We could either stay where we are in Italy and mingle for the hour in between or we could regroup in between the two Towers so we could be closer to the exit so as not to give the closing team a coronary. :)

I mentioned to our event coordinator about staying at the Italy Isola for it, she seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem, but I will reconfirm with her for sure. After IllumiNations, the Italy Isola should be reopened for anyone else who didn't attend the dessert party to come join us as we wait for the burnoff.

jasondiff

DESSERT PARTY REGISTRATION IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED

The last batch of Dessert Party confirmation emails just went out. (Whew...late night!)

We ended up at 145 people for the Dessert Party. It's gonna be fun!

If you want to get on a waiting list, please PM me. Do not use the web page to send in payments unless you have been specifically instructed by me to do so.

Figment82

I mentioned to our event coordinator about staying at the Italy Isola for it, she seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem, but I will reconfirm with her for sure. After IllumiNations, the Italy Isola should be reopened for anyone else who didn't attend the dessert party to come join us as we wait for the burnoff.

Sounds great! I just want to make sure that it's okay before 200 people camp out in the back of the park for an hour!

Thank you again for all of your hard work - it's going to be a fantastic party!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Although we might not be able to spell "We Did It" without creating chaos, just a cool posed group shot would be awesome. Think of the people we could share that with.....not to mention the thrill of seeing it "everywhere" in the post-event hoolah and being able to point yourself out and say "I WAS THERE"!!

Woo Yeah!
With the number of people we have attending we can probably spell "HAPPY TWENTY FIFTH BIRTHDAY EPCOT FROM ALL YOUR FRIENDS AT WDWMAGIC.COM. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES BOTH PAST AND FUTURE." :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
A heads up for anyone looking for a reasonable flight to Orlando for the Event:

AIRTRAN is having a 3 DAY sale ( the third in 3 weeks..lol) on FLORIDA destinations including all important MCO! $79 each way, may be even less from certain cities.

Check out www.airtran.com for more info!

Also the special hotel stay/ Park ticket(s) offer from Walt Disney World is still availible. Starting Sunday September 30th ( the day before Celebration 25!) you can get a awesome discounted rate at a Value Resort at WDW..plus a Park Ticket!

More info here at the official website www.waltdisneyworld.com

Okay, so NOBODY has any excuse now for not coming! HA ha ha!!

:lol:
also, SW airlines has flights at $64 internet special.

With the number of people we have attending we can probably spell "HAPPY TWENTY FIFTH BIRTHDAY EPCOT FROM ALL YOUR FRIENDS AT WDWMAGIC.COM. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MEMORIES BOTH PAST AND FUTURE." :lol:
now that would be great. i want to be the dot in wdwmagic.com.

joel_maxwell

BTW, happy 100th page. you are well on your way to beating the SSE Spaceship thread due to another 30 days left before the event. im sure post event there will be a lot of posts here with pics.

:wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d be happy for this thread to beat the 180top thread. 100 pages - and nearly 1500 replies - really does say it all.

jasondiff

What's the earliest that Epcot will let us enter on the 1st? Don't want to end up like the first family driving around all morning. :lol:

We should be able to enter the parking lot at any time, if there's no parking attendants just drive right in. Once we confirm the times for the table it will be published in the schedule for each day.

joel_maxwell

We should be able to enter the parking lot at any time, if there's no parking attendants just drive right in. Once we confirm the times for the table it will be published in the schedule for each day.
thats what im going to do... save my butt $9 on parking

im going to stop at a local store, get me a grande coffee get to epcot parking lot and sit on the trunk while watching all the cars drive in. pure entertainment. maybe ill have a sign that says "Epcot Closed" for all the common people :drevil: #2

DisneyMarg

thats what im going to do... save my butt $9 on parking

im going to stop at a local store, get me a grande coffee get to epcot parking lot and sit on the trunk while watching all the cars drive in. pure entertainment. maybe ill have a sign that says "Epcot Closed" for all the common people :drevil: #2
What time are you planning to arrive? I may just join you. (Before it closes to the common people):lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom