Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figment1986

any idea what the festivities will be after 12pm... because pf a conflict with my classes in the morning i cannot make the morning but my mom and sister will.. (and get my stuff).. any chance of having different group photos through out the day...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'm all excited!

Why do we hav to suffer through stinky September first? Who ever cared about September? There's like no good holidays and the months is too hot, but not really "summer."

I vote we choose to ignore the existence of September and celebrate in just a few days :)
well, merf, not to say that it is as important or not as important then Oct 1, but there is a month full of college football.

at least that will pass the time. try not to peak to early

EPCOT.nut

YEA! I am totally up for singing during A.A. I think we all need to be there at the same time if at all possible. I have no real agenda for the day other than the Celebration so count me in. And the group photo sounds great, too.

I seriously doubt that any die-hards that are on these boards and have been following the thread will balk at any of the planned activities. Just post them for us and we will make arrangements.

Glad some charity money is being set aside. I would pledge more money and I am sure others would, too.

I can volunteer help if any is needed and I plan to be there both Sunday and Monday.

wannabeBelle

Since we are working with the Dream Team for our charity event at Celebration 25, that is where the money will go. They are 98% to their projected goal, so our donations could be that last 2% (or more). I'm extremely excited about our involvement in this event and I know Lou is too!

I just read the site and it appears that all of the money would go to the Make a Wish foundation anyhow yes? Also if we get the bar fee waived for the Dessert party due to the number of sales, will the additional go there as well? Belle

jasondiff

I just read the site and it appears that all of the money would go to the Make a Wish foundation anyhow yes? Also if we get the bar fee waived for the Dessert party due to the number of sales, will the additional go there as well? Belle

We will actually have some extra money from the dessert party since the cost was based on 50 people but we have over 100 now. So the extra money after expenses (we have some special surprises planned just for the dessert party) and the bar fee if waived will all go towards the charity donation.

Figment82

any idea what the festivities will be after 12pm... because pf a conflict with my classes in the morning i cannot make the morning but my mom and sister will.. (and get my stuff).. any chance of having different group photos through out the day...

I'm skipping my Monday class in order to be there. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity - I wouldn't miss this day for the world! :D

nibblesandbits

I'm all excited!

Why do we hav to suffer through stinky September first? Who ever cared about September? There's like no good holidays and the months is too hot, but not really "summer."

I vote we choose to ignore the existence of September and celebrate in just a few days :)
I say not...my trip's in Sept. :lol:

Adam, I just listened to your interview with Lou and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. It's so nice to put a voice with a (screen) name and even though I can't go, I've enjoyed watching this process from infancy to what it's become. I wish you all much luck in getting to the 1000 mark! :wave:

EpcotServo

I'm all excited!

sorry, but that month is for me to get to Disneyland and to watch Death Proof on DVD a few times. Plus they have to get that star stubble off before Oct. 1st!
:lol:

Ok... I have an important question. Since I'll be at Disneyland the last few days before Oct.1, I need somebody who dosen't mind PM-ing me updates and details on how the event will go down. You know, all the important news about the 25th while I'm gone. That way I can have a friend here check it out and then relay the information from Florida to California for me. (Since I'll have no connection to WDW Magic while I'm gone those few days.)

PM me if you don't mind filling me in on any last-minute details of our event so I can be ready for the big day and not have to waste my one day of rest reading 100 pages of forum. Thanks in advance!
:wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Since it appears you will ride Soarin' on Sunday, I'll likely be working. So I'll be on the look-out for you all. I'm the only Holly that works there.

By the way, you can fit 87 people per theater at a time...

Smiles,

Holly

Hi Holly! :wave:

Happy to hear you will be working Sunday! See ya then!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
1000 here we come.... better tell the mouse to get some grandstand seating in!

Absolutely! I REALLY hope Park Ops is ready for this......Celebration 25 has nearly doubled in size since last month. Man this is going to be GREAT!

BTW.... regarding the group photo (YES PLEASE!) - does anyone have an email address for the one and only Ladder?? We`ll need his (or her) help to get a good shot!

YES! I was thinking about this too...we need to have the famous Ladder involved to insure some great shots! Maybe someone in Custodial will bring one out for us for the photo shoot?

I think Monday after the Re-Dedication would be the best time...when we are ALL pretty much together before splitting up for the daytime and also near the Fountain of Nations. I REALLY want us to get these shots.....absolute must-do for me. Part of it is it will be a re-creation of sorts of the famous photos taken outside of WDI back in 82' right after EPCOT opened. It has all the Imagineers outside in the car park standing around certain places to spell out "We Did It"!.

Although we might not be able to spell "We Did It" without creating chaos, just a cool posed group shot would be awesome. Think of the people we could share that with.....not to mention the thrill of seeing it "everywhere" in the post-event hoolah and being able to point yourself out and say "I WAS THERE"!!

Woo Yeah!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
A heads up for anyone looking for a reasonable flight to Orlando for the Event:

AIRTRAN is having a 3 DAY sale ( the third in 3 weeks..lol) on FLORIDA destinations including all important MCO! $79 each way, may be even less from certain cities.

Check out www.airtran.com for more info!

Also the special hotel stay/ Park ticket(s) offer from Walt Disney World is still availible. Starting Sunday September 30th ( the day before Celebration 25!) you can get a awesome discounted rate at a Value Resort at WDW..plus a Park Ticket!

More info here at the official website www.waltdisneyworld.com

Okay, so NOBODY has any excuse now for not coming! HA ha ha!!

:lol:

KevinPage

I will be there on Oct 1st with family in tow. But I do expect everyone to give ME, yes ME some love. I will be turning the big 3-5 on Sept 28th. So I'm slightly older than Epcot by 10 years.

Hopefully Disney is aware of this fact and two birthdays can be celebrated that day.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
if I could make a suggestion for Figment's Friend. I've been trying to keep up with the latest updates but its difficult with several new pages per day coming up, is it possible to just edit your first post of this thread with any new information?

I think we'll hit 1000 by Friday!! woohoo!!

I gotta get the Horizons Pin thats for sale now!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I'm all excited!

:ROFLOL: You sound like Cartman when he was waiting for the Wii. Maybe we can freeze you and we'll thaw you out on Sept 29th. :hammer:

imamouse

Since we are working with the Dream Team for our charity event at Celebration 25, that is where the money will go. They are 98% to their projected goal, so our donations could be that last 2% (or more). I'm extremely excited about our involvement in this event and I know Lou is too!

Fantastic! I'm sure the donations rounded up from our group will put Lou over his goal. :sohappy:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hi Chris!

All the latest info can be found at the link in my signature. I would rather not tamper with my first, original post in this huge thread as it is what started this entire thing and is...well...."historic"! :lol:

If you have any specific quesions please feel free to ask!

To date, there are 800++ signed up to attend. You can register to attend the free event by clicking on the link in my signature below. AUGUST 30th is the last day to register.

The official Shedule of Event is currently being worked on, so no definate times or places have been announced. There are a few definate things that are already planned, and will be happening...but again, times are being decided on.

So far:

Sunday Sept 30th morning ( 10ish)--- meet up with the Celebration 25 folks at the tables to the left of EPCOT's entrance turnstiles. Here you can pick up your wristbands needed for all Event activites, and any wristbands for the Dessert Finale Party ( which is a paid event...ID required to collect bands)

Sunday during the day we may have some activities planned Pre-Event. More on that when the Schedule is announced in the next week.

Monday Oct 1st morning ( 8ish)----The BIG day! If you have not picked up your wristbands, meet up with the Celebration 25 folks at the tables between 8ish and park opening.

The EPCOT Re-Dedication Ceremony is something our group will be participating in. This ceremony is possibly taking place right before Park Opening (9am) or shortly thereafter. Again, ALL times and such details will be listed soon when it has all been hammered out.

Monday afternoon---- Our group will partake in some group photos and then enjoy of chosen attracions as a group ( The American Adventure, Universe of Energy, Soarin'). We will also be sure to make it a point to stop by Pin Station and MouseGear to buy lots of Anniversary Merch! There will be other events possibly scheduled to take place, ....all will be revealed once the Schedule is announced. Since we are graced with the good fortune of having Disney working with us, we have to wait to confirm everything before making any formal Schedule announcments.

Monday night----( 8ish) The Illuminations Finale Dessert Party. This will be a added bonus added onto our Event, this being something you need to register and pay for in advance ( more info contained within the link in my signature!). TODAY is the last day to register for the Dessert Party...so ACT FAST if you want to join in on that aspect of the Event! It will be private party in a reserved area perfect for veiwing the nightly fireworks at EPCOT. Lots of yummy pastries as well as liquid refreshments will be on hand.

Late Monday night ( 10 to 11ish) -----The Inferno Barge BURN OFF! EPCOT's 25th is now officially over!

So there is a run down breifing. Again, feel free to ask any questions!

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom