Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
......One additional thought to the many great ones. What about having a jar for contributions, and have this group collect hopefully a few dollars from the 800+ to a worthy charity...possibly a favorite one of Disney CM's.

I remember Adam noting he had a few lined up already, however they have yet to be named as he may be waiting to hear back from them.

My vote goes for the Make a Wish Foundation, as WDW has been closely connected to it for ages. Even if not directly, WDW is the #1 wish request they recieve from ternimally ill children. I think it makes sense to raise a chunk of money for this organization, as it will enable others who would normally not be able to visit to come to WDW ( and EPCOT!) and experience all it's joys. It would be as if we were giving what we so love about the Park(s) to another less fortunate person, in this case a terminally ill child.

If just $1 is donated by everyone coming, that is over $800. If everyone donates $5, that is over $4000!

I think it makes sense....

Thoughts?

BSikor

Ok, so there has been some confusion and I just want to make sure I've got the info...

There will be a check-in table available out front of the main gate of Epcot on Sunday and Monday. Do we know what times yet?

The sign in table is where the dessert party people will get the wristbands right?

The sign in table is also for everyone else to get a name tag? Are these pre-printed all 800+?

If so, insert a "Wow" here.

Next question, I'm dying to see the schedule, when is it coming out?

Figment82

Are the desserts unlimited? I can just see 200 crazy Epcot fans descend upon a helpless plate of mini cannolis!

As far as 25th merchandise being released early, well... I am unable to say anything specific, but that might just be a possibility (and sooner than you might think!).

jedimaster1227

I'll wear oven mitts. Unless people are allergic to that too....:lookaroun

I'm allergic to oven mitts too... Try leather gloves- they work like a charm, according to Michael Jackson...:lookaroun

It's amazing to see how well everything is coming together. I just hope alternate distribution arrangements can be made so that the wonderful organizers can be free to participate in the events. This is no time to be stuck at the table!

One additional thought to the many great ones. What about having a jar for contributions, and have this group collect hopefully a few dollars from the 800+ to a worthy charity...possibly a favorite one of Disney CM's.

It's just around the corner! :sohappy:

We certainly aren't planning any sign in times that would hinder ourselves from attending our event. Sunday's events won't officially start until 10:00-10:30 a.m.

As for the charity thing, we are working with Lou Mongello's "Dream Team" and charity money will be worked into the price of our memories video and possibly our scrapbook. Along with these, we will consider taking donations after the event, but we aren't allowed to do so at Disney in accordance with them giving us the tables.

What a great idea! Hmmm....so may charities to choose from. Maybe Adam and Jason could decide which one gets the donations?

imamouse, if you could email me your full contact information, I have to ask you a few questions to "prepare" for you joining us. As requested, you will be having the same access as Scott. :animwink:

So I know I want to come and I'm 99% sure I can .....but for the dessert cruise what is the last day to get a refund (minus Paypal fees)??? Hmmmphhh ... one way or another I need to make a decision because I can get Pop Century for $64 and airfare for $148!!!

Once your payment is in, it is there to stay. Today is the last day for Dessert Party Registrations, so I believe you will have to make a decision.

I remember Adam noting he had a few lined up already, however they have yet to be named as he may be waiting to hear back from them.

My vote goes for the Make a Wish Foundation, as WDW has been closely connected to it for ages. Even if not directly, WDW is the #1 wish request they recieve from ternimally ill children. I think it makes sense to raise a chunk of money for this organization, as it will enable others who would normally not be able to visit to come to WDW ( and EPCOT!) and experience all it's joys. It would be as if we were giving what we so love about the Park(s) to another less fortunate person, in this case a terminally ill child.

If just $1 is donated by everyone coming, that is over $800. If everyone donates $5, that is over $4000!

Thoughts?

I'll give you more details on our charity project when I send you the schedule later today! :wave:

Ok, so there has been some confusion and I just want to make sure I've got the info...

There will be a check-in table available out front of the main gate of Epcot on Sunday and Monday. Do we know what times yet?

The sign in table is where the dessert party people will get the wristbands right?

The sign in table is also for everyone else to get a name tag? Are these pre-printed all 800+?

If so, insert a "Wow" here.

Next question, I'm dying to see the schedule, when is it coming out?

The times will be out with our schedule at the end of this week/beginning of next week. The tags aren't pre-printed with names (except for VIPS and Staff), there are boxes in which attendees can write their names (and, if wanted, their WDWMagic forum names).

jasondiff

Are the desserts unlimited? I can just see 200 crazy Epcot fans descend upon a helpless plate of mini cannolis!

As far as 25th merchandise being released early, well... I am unable to say anything specific, but that might just be a possibility (and sooner than you might think!).

They aren't unlimited but it is highly unlikely we'll run out.

Keep us posted with updates on the merchandise!!!!

.....but for the dessert cruise what is the last day to get a refund (minus Paypal fees)???

Once your payment is in, it is there to stay. Today is the last day for Dessert Party Registrations, so I believe you will have to make a decision.

The payments are non-refundable after the deadline, which is tonight at midnight EDT. However, name changes can me made up until September 28. So if you register but can't make it, you can find someone else to go in your place. You have to work out any payment arrangements with that person; all I will do is change the name on my list. (By the way, it's not a cruise, just a party.)

thephantomsgirl

So getting back to the group riding together topic...

Soarin' now....well naturally we can pack on as many as we can and after cycling through a couple times we should be able to have everyone expereince it with every seat completely filled with Disney Park Fans. Perhaps we should make lots of "Oooooo's" and "Ahhhhhs" while riding...in true Wheel of Fortune style.

Since it appears you will ride Soarin' on Sunday, I'll likely be working. So I'll be on the look-out for you all. I'm the only Holly that works there.

By the way, you can fit 87 people per theater at a time...

Smiles,

Holly

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
excellent. that is so dirt cheap compared to some ive been through. thanks for the info

personaly I didn't want to spend the rest of the day/evening with a screwed up stomach :hurl: :lol: Especialy since I have dinner resies at Le Cellier and the Illuminations desert party :slurp:
that is why you win the bet. i ould have taken the under just to make it interesting

Why were your parents taking dog insulin?:lol:
smartarse. :lol:

Thoughts?
great idea. just make sure you have a way of noting eveyone that donated by name incase they do get an insane number like $4000.

ill donate a 5 spot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
1000 here we come.... better tell the mouse to get some grandstand seating in!

BTW.... regarding the group photo (YES PLEASE!) - does anyone have an email address for the one and only Ladder?? We`ll need his (or her) help to get a good shot!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
1000 here we come.... better tell the mouse to get some grandstand seating in!

BTW.... regarding the group photo (YES PLEASE!) - does anyone have an email address for the one and only Ladder?? We`ll need his (or her) help to get a good shot!
oh, good call. maybe we can go get him out of SSE. just to borrow, just to borrow, we will return him to his rightful position.

im going to have to up the bet even more. im going to be bold and say 1200 by october 1. yep. im going from 1000 to 1200.

Jekyll_Baker

I have to say I get more and more excited about Oct 1 every time I come home from work and read what is now 2-3 PAGES of posts on this thread (instead of what was once 2-3 posts per day). Once again, thank you Adam, Jenn, Jason, et al, for all the work you have put in to get it all ready!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm all excited!

Why do we hav to suffer through stinky September first? Who ever cared about September? There's like no good holidays and the months is too hot, but not really "summer."

I vote we choose to ignore the existence of September and celebrate in just a few days :)

imamouse

Thoughts?

Excellent suggestion - Make a Wish Foundation - of course! How great would it be if we could give back by presenting a check for $5,000 (based on current attendance)? Count me in!

jedimaster1227

Excellent suggestion - Make a Wish Foundation - of course! How great would it be if we could give back by presenting a check for $5,000 (based on current attendance)? Count me in!

Since we are working with the Dream Team for our charity event at Celebration 25, that is where the money will go. They are 98% to their projected goal, so our donations could be that last 2% (or more). I'm extremely excited about our involvement in this event and I know Lou is too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom