Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thanks for the updates Adam, and keep the good news coming...although it will be tough to sustain the accomplishments youve made over the last month for the two remaining.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think it's only right to have fans be part of the ceremony - not just watching it, as they are the entire reason there is a ceremony at all.

AKQJ10

Hey guys! Just wanted to stop over and say HI and tell you how much I'm looking forward to this event, as well as meeting Adam and everyone else who's coming!!! :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Awesome!

Great to have you on board! Yes it will be a great day...this Event has come a long way since my first post back in February!

The more, the merrier!

Com' on down!

jedimaster1227

Thanks for the updates Adam, and keep the good news coming...although it will be tough to sustain the accomplishments youve made over the last month for the two remaining.

I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. This next surprise is my "pet project" for the event. If it ends up working out, it will be one of the highlights (in my opinion) of the day.

I think it's only right to have fans be part of the ceremony - not just watching it, as they are the entire reason there is a ceremony at all.

Well, we can't guarantee that we alone are the reason that there is a ceremony taking place, but I promise you that I am still working on the possibility of us being a bigger part of the ceremony than just there as spectators. If not, we are still privaleged enough to be there for "the ceremony that wasn't supposed to happen."

Hey guys! Just wanted to stop over and say HI and tell you how much I'm looking forward to this event, as well as meeting Adam and everyone else who's coming!!! :)

Hey Lou! Glad to have you with us, and you already know how excited I am to meet you in person! Thanks for all of your support! :wave:

Awesome!

Great to have you on board! Yes it will be a great day...this Event has come a long way since my first post back in February!

The more, the merrier!

Com' on down!

The more, the merrier is right. We are at 390 as of right now (still not including my group which will be at least another 5). Jenn, you specifically will like this surprise. PM me when you get a chance so I can ask you a few questions before I dig deeper in my research. :animwink:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. This next surprise is my "pet project" for the event. If it ends up working out, it will be one of the highlights (in my opinion) of the day.

Well, we can't guarantee that we alone are the reason that there is a ceremony taking place, but I promise you that I am still working on the possibility of us being a bigger part of the ceremony than just there as spectators. If not, we are still privaleged enough to be there for "the ceremony that wasn't supposed to happen."

Hey Lou! Glad to have you with us, and you already know how excited I am to meet you in person! Thanks for all of your support! :wave:

The more, the merrier is right. We are at 390 as of right now (still not including my group which will be at least another 5). Jenn, you specifically will like this surprise. PM me when you get a chance so I can ask you a few questions before I dig deeper in my research. :animwink:

While I'm salivating at the thought of this getting even better, I think you know you have our attention, hopefully you can hold a surprise or two for the big day! :D

ZapperZ

Count us in. I registered yesterday (party of 2). We'll also register for the desert reception some time this evening (if it isn't full already). I'm very much looking forward to this.

Zz.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. This next surprise is my "pet project" for the event. If it ends up working out, it will be one of the highlights (in my opinion) of the day..
Another highlight? We`ll be highlighted out! What is amazing is not only have you guys pulled this off, but there is almost a surprise at every turn. Not only am I glad I`ll be a part of it, I`ll be also able to personally shake your hands to thank you for all you`ve done. You`re the best.

Thessair

Another highlight? We`ll be highlighted out! What is amazing is not only have you guys pulled this off, but there is almost a surprise at every turn. Not only am I glad I`ll be a part of it, I`ll be also able to personally shake your hands to thank you for all you`ve done. You`re the best.

Um.. ditto. :lookaroun

Seriously though, everyone involved in getting this thing rolling has been tireless, inventive, and dedicated. I can't express how excited I am to be there with all of you great people to take part in this little bit of unfolding Epcot history.

Lee

Adventurer
I hope Park Ops knows what it will be facing on 10/1. Possibly the largest single gathering of park fanatics in history. Could get ugly. :lookaroun

EpcotServo

I hope Park Ops knows what it will be facing on 10/1. Possibly the largest single gathering of park fanatics in history. Could get ugly. :lookaroun
A THOUSAND NATIONS of the Disney Empire will be at your doorstep! Our Fastpasses will blot out the sun!

"Then we will wait in the shade..."

:lol:
:lookaroun

Sorry, couldn't help it.

jedimaster1227

I'm just excited to be able to meet everyone! Oh and Martin, I credited/plugged your documentaries in my first interview... :wave:

Um.. ditto. :lookaroun

Seriously though, everyone involved in getting this thing rolling has been tireless, inventive, and dedicated. I can't express how excited I am to be there with all of you great people to take part in this little bit of unfolding Epcot history.

We will definitely have a presence that day. This is truly going to be memorable!

I hope it won't get ugly. This is supposed to be a fun, but friendly event. We currently have a friendly relationship established with Disney (for our group). I am working hard to maintain that relationship (especially, in the case that we might do another celebration in the future, more details will come out after the event passes), and I hope you all will do the same.

A THOUSAND NATIONS of the Disney Empire will be at your doorstep! Our Fastpasses will blot out the sun!

"Then we will wait in the shade..."

:lol:
:lookaroun

Sorry, couldn't help it.

If you want to make a fan trailer for our event (with audio), I will feature it as a promo. How about that, a new contest idea! The next promo is to be based on the successful movie, 300. Create a video/audio promo for our event, and have the chance to have your name in the directoral credit when we release it as our next promo. Lets say that this contest will end on August 15th. Good luck! :wave:

Also, has anyone invited Steve (the webmaster of WDWMagic) to join us? I know Mom got the invite, but it would seem fair to invite Steve, were he willing to join us. Anyone have a suggestion on this front?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I'm just excited to be able to meet everyone! Oh and Martin, I credited/plugged your documentaries in my first interview... :wave:

We will definitely have a presence that day. This is truly going to be memorable!

I hope it won't get ugly. This is supposed to be a fun, but friendly event. We currently have a friendly relationship established with Disney (for our group). I am working hard to maintain that relationship (especially, in the case that we might do another celebration in the future, more details will come out after the event passes), and I hope you all will do the same.

If you want to make a fan trailer for our event (with audio), I will feature it as a promo. How about that, a new contest idea! The next promo is to be based on the successful movie, 300. Create a video/audio promo for our event, and have the chance to have your name in the directoral credit when we release it as our next promo. Lets say that this contest will end on August 15th. Good luck! :wave:

Also, has anyone invited Steve (the webmaster of WDWMagic) to join us? I know Mom got the invite, but it would seem fair to invite Steve, were he willing to join us. Anyone have a suggestion on this front?

I asked Steve if he was going to attend. I am sure he has been following this thread.

Pam

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well gang, today i received my recent order of "Celebration 25" gear from CafeExpress.com and wanted to post my thoughts.

I am very pleased with the quality of the items....particularly the very cool mug! It is BIG! I was expecting the usual "shopping mall" quality scanning and end results, but everything i ordered looks professionally done and sharp. The shirt i ordered ( white womens' V-neck) had the front and back logos printed nicely. They actually have the colors embedded in the fabric...which means no "cracking" of images and long lasting use. Yay!

I also ordered the small button pins and they were also nicely done. I bought a 10 pack and will be bringing some with me to give to special folks i may be able to meet up with that day. Maybe slip one to some of the CM's that help us celebrate...we will see how my supply hold up!

Actually, that would be cool if we could get a lot of those mini-button pins and "award" them to the CM's we meet that day. Everyone loves pins....and it would be a nice gesture. Just an idea....

Awesome to hear we are almost up to 400 registered attendees for our Event. We may well reach my original goal of 500 in the next two weeks with the rate people are signing up now. This event has literally gone "supernova"!

I am awaiting confirmation from some friends who may be joining us...thus why i am not "registered" and paid up for the Dessert Party yet. Trust me though, i will be by the cutoff point!

Wait, do "I" even have to "officially" register? :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom