Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Another highlight? We`ll be highlighted out! What is amazing is not only have you guys pulled this off, but there is almost a surprise at every turn. Not only am I glad I`ll be a part of it, I`ll be also able to personally shake your hands to thank you for all you`ve done. You`re the best.

Aww...thanks Martin! I am amazed myself at how huge this has become...but there was a part of me that deep inside KNEW we could do it. Remember WDI's slogan for building EPCOT Center? "We Can Do It"! Well.....i took that to heart way back when i was thinking about having this gathering and was imagining something monumental. Adam has taken this one step further by working on his end and succeeding in getting our Event officially recognized and "endorsed" by Park Management. Having what is basically a "fan get-together" become a Disney recognized Event is pretty major for me....talk about awesome! And let's not forget about Jason, who went out on a limb for us and helped handle the tasks involved in the Finale Dessert Party.

What else is in store for us? Well, that can best be answered by another favorite WDI slogan:

"We Have Only Begun to Dream...."

:animwink:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I hope Park Ops knows what it will be facing on 10/1. Possibly the largest single gathering of park fanatics in history. Could get ugly. :lookaroun

Wait....was'nt "the largest single gathering of park fanatics in history" last year for DisneyLand's 50th ?

Well, maybe our Event can take the title for "East Coast" gathering..! :D

thephantomsgirl

I'm new on this board but I may see about going to this event! I'm a CM at Epcot and I only work weekends, so should have that day off. This event sounds incredible!!

Smiles,
Holly

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm new on this board but I may see about going to this event! I'm a CM at Epcot and I only work weekends, so should have that day off. This event sounds incredible!!

Smiles,
Holly
Welcome to the boards, and what a great place for your first post! Come and join a few hundered people who care so much about your place of work :D

Lee

Adventurer
I asked Steve if he was going to attend. I am sure he has been following this thread.

We could always engage in some pointless bickering and name calling to makes sure he reads this thread.:D

Yeah...but you see, the thing is....there is no "Steve". This whole site is controlled by a supercomputer known as S.T.E.V.E. (Sentient Technology Encouraging Visits to Epcot).

:lookaroun

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yeah...but you see, the thing is....there is no "Steve". This whole site is controlled by a supercomputer known as S.T.E.V.E. (Sentient Technology Encouraging Visits to Epcot).

:lookaroun

So wouldn't this be an appropriate place for "him" to make his appearance. He could download into an interface site in Communicore. :rolleyes:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I am presently scheduled to arrive mid-day on the 1st of October, and I'm sure I registered to attend Celebration 25 months ago, with a note that I would miss the AM gathering due to flight schedules. I bought myself a wdwmagic button and was going to write my screenname on it so that I could be recognized while walking around the park, but haven't checked this thread lately.

After catching up on the news, I'm sure you will believe that I am now busy trying to see if I can move my arrival back to the 30th of Sept. in order to be there for the opening ceremony!!

I would be interested in knowing how much room is left for the dessert reception, as then I'll know whether I have to pressure DH to make a decision (or not, if it's already full).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would be interested in knowing how much room is left for the dessert reception, as then I'll know whether I have to pressure DH to make a decision (or not, if it's already full).
I`m sure there is room left (no doubt TBC very soon here!) and you have 3 weeks before the cutoff, so pressure away :wave:

jasondiff

Hi all -
I just got back from a business trip and just wanted to let you know I'll post a dessert party update tonight after work. There is still room left, so no worrying.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I had a brainstorm at work today and came up with a neat idea that i may well do for our Event. I have been thinking of ways of adding some personal nostalgic touches to this Event, and a means of rewarding those who have worked hard behind the scenes in getting this Event to where it is now and where it will surely end up! I can't elaborate on the matter just yet....i am still mulling over my options...but it is something that i could produce without breaking the bank and it would also provide some great memories from EPCOT's past, present, and future. I think it would be a neat thing to give to folks who made some Magic for us that day....

I will think some more about it.......but for now, let's carry on with the current conversation.

I am interested is seeing the current Dessert Party numbers myself. I am wondering if they have also jumped up suddenly as the Registration numbers did.

At the moment i am pondering where to grab some breakfast that morning...since i will be up with the sun and most eateries will be closed on Property. I suppose if worse comes to worse, i can stash some day-old Mickey Waffles in my ice bucket overnight and eat em' the next morning! I had best remember to bring some plastic Ziploc bags......LOL

Man i am so totally ready to be at this Event NOW!!!! Anyone else brimming with overflowing excitement about this??

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I hope it won't get ugly. This is supposed to be a fun, but friendly event. We currently have a friendly relationship established with Disney (for our group). I am working hard to maintain that relationship (especially, in the case that we might do another celebration in the future, more details will come out after the event passes), and I hope you all will do the same.

But.. but.. *sniffles* Oh well.. *tosses out rotten veggies he had been saving for incase they started the dedication speech with "As part of the Year of a Million Dreams..."*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom