Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

wannabeBelle

jasondiff

As I'm reading the thread about the demise of the WoL pavilion as we know (knew) it, I'm thinking about the IllumiNations Dessert Party.

We will have assigned to us a backup location for the dessert spread in case of rain. WoL could be one of the possibilities.

So I thought this would stir some discussion - just for fun:

What would be your favorite spot for a rain location? And would it actually have you hoping for light rain around 8 pm?
(There are lots of indoor convention-space locations, I have no idea at this time what is booked, and this is just for fun since the choice of rain location really depends on what is still available and isn't totally within our control.)

ImaYoyo

As I'm reading the thread about the demise of the WoL pavilion as we know (knew) it, I'm thinking about the IllumiNations Dessert Party.

We will have assigned to us a backup location for the dessert spread in case of rain. WoL could be one of the possibilities.

What would be your favorite spot for a rain location? And would it actually have you hoping for light rain around 8 pm?
(There are lots of indoor convention-space locations, I have no idea at this time what is booked, and this is just for fun since the choice of rain location really depends on what is still available and isn't totally within our control.)
Depending on your group size, your rain location will probably be Odyssea (I can NEVER remember how that name is spelled)

jasondiff

Depending on your group size, your rain location will probably be Odyssea (I can NEVER remember how that name is spelled)

Odyssey - for once Disney names something and it's not some play on words!
Right now our group is pretty small (just under 50) but we hope it gets bigger. At my wedding we had the upstairs lounge in Norway, which was pretty cool, but neither it nor Odyssey would have me even thinking about hoping for rain!

Thessair

I finally got around to paying for the dessert event, so add one more to the list. I'm very much looking forward to it!

:D

jedimaster1227

Personally, I would think that Imagination (upstairs) would be a highly requested location, but since it hasn't been put out there yet, I figured I would! If we wouldn't be able to get that location, I would probably say Wonders of Life, Odyssey or World of Motion's lounge...

I hope i be there for Epcot's 25th Birthday Celebration.

Jeany, are you still planning on joining us, because you sent in a removal request from our roster a while back, so if you are still coming, I can re-add you quickly.

Without Jeany's group joining us right now, the roster hits 175 registered members, not including myself or Jenn's groups. Just figured I could give an update...

JEANYLASER

Personally, I would think that Imagination (upstairs) would be a highly requested location, but since it hasn't been put out there yet, I figured I would! If we wouldn't be able to get that location, I would probably say Wonders of Life, Odyssey or World of Motion's lounge...

Jeany, are you still planning on joining us, because you sent in a removal request from our roster a while back, so if you are still coming, I can re-add you quickly.

Without Jeany's group joining us right now, the roster hits 175 registered members, not including myself or Jenn's groups. Just figured I could give an update...
I can wait but i don't know how much the Party cost. Please add me in.

jedimaster1227

I can wait but i don't know how much the Party cost. Please add me in.

Jeany, how many people are in your group? And for your question about the party, you can check out our Illuminations Dessert Party thread for more details on the price.

Sure! Merf, would you be interested in compiling a list of "honorary" invitees that we could invite to our event?

JEANYLASER

Jeany, how many people are in your group? And for your question about the party, you can check out our Illuminations Dessert Party thread for more details on the price.

Sure! Merf, would you be interested in compiling a list of "honorary" invitees that we could invite to our event?

I can bring only groups or family or friends to this party?

jedimaster1227

I can bring only groups or family or friends to this party?

You can come alone or you can bring a group of family or friends, or just people you know that share in your Disney passion. Anyone is welcome to join us, but they need to be registered to be a part of our group. But our mentality is, "the more-the better!"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now we are getting closer the time I`m emailing a few peeps who I want to meet and I think would at least like to try to make it for the morning meet. Can I just confirm it is still 10AM south of Fountain of Nations?

EpcotServo

Bumpin' it on to the top for anyone who hasn't heard of our event. (Also so nobody forgets!)
:lol:

Any news on how many people have RSVP-ed yet? Any more ideas or plans on whats we will do for nametags, and giving out of said nametags?

jedimaster1227

Bumpin' it on to the top for anyone who hasn't heard of our event. (Also so nobody forgets!)
:lol:

Any news on how many people have RSVP-ed yet? Any more ideas or plans on whats we will do for nametags, and giving out of said nametags?

Without Jenn or I's parties, we are at 182 registered attendees. I think nametags will be pretty simple, sortof a "grab-write-and-place" kind of thing; nothing expensive (unless we someone wants to pitch in for those).

I myself am currently looking into a few prizes for a raffle or something like that. Some custom shirts or hats at this point, but I won't spoil the suprise just yet...

Disney_Freak429

Getting closer

Well as we near the big day I finally "registered" on the site. I can't wait for the biggest party I've ever been a part of. Also did I miss it or are we doing the desert party or not? I know I'm waaay late on this but did we get the spot or whats going on with that?:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom