Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figment82

I just made the hotel reservation for my mom and I ($47/night at Pop!) so we're officially set to go! Now I'm officially excited! :)

Is there still time to sign up for the desert reception? I'll have to see what my mom wants to do, but I want to give her options and it sounds like a fun time.

jasondiff

I just made the hotel reservation for my mom and I ($47/night at Pop!) so we're officially set to go! Now I'm officially excited! :)

Is there still time to sign up for the desert reception? I'll have to see what my mom wants to do, but I want to give her options and it sounds like a fun time.

Sure you can still sign up for the dessert reception. Click the 2nd link in my sig.

jedimaster1227

I'm working on an email to go out today, before I leave for England/Ireland. So that should be out soon...

Plus, I released a promo for our event on Episode #130 of Dreamfinder Forever's podcast (now available for download).

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Awesome!

I just returned home from DisneyLand and DCA and was checking in to see how things are progressing. I met a few more people who may be joining us at our event!

:)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
It's great to be back, thanks! I have 5 rolls of film to be developed, so after i get them returned i may have some shots to share!

I met some more folks while over in CA that are pumped about the EPCOT Event. I am hoping they can come, as it will be a blast!

Now that i am back, i need to start planning my trip for this.......Looks like the hotel rates are a little higher then i am used to ( no doubt because of the F+W Festival) but it's still within my budget. I am glad i saved an extra day on my last ticket...whew!

jasondiff

Bumping this up from whatever page it was on.

By the way, if anyone attending our get-together is in need of a room for the week and is interested in renting a studio at the Beach Club Villas, PM me. <--- If this is against the site rules, let me know and I'll remove it. Just trying to help out some fellow Epcot fans.

jeffb

.... I have 5 rolls of film to be developed, so after i get them returned i may have some shots to share!

Cool - I still use film as well, but our numbers really seem to be shrinking. Hopefully I will be there Oct 1 and we can make that certain sponsor of the Imagination Pavilion happy by using some of their product.

jedimaster1227

Well I am currently sitting in my hotel in Dublin, Ireland, so I figured I could give a quick update. Though I don't have exact numbers, we have recieved a few new registrants for the free event. I have been thinking about some of our group events to be planned and here is what I have so far:

1. Since Spaceship Earth will be down for its long-overdue but lengthy overhaul, we need an attraction for all of us as a group to ride together at one time. When we would do this, I am not sure but I am currently looking towards the Imagination Pavilion for ideas, considering that our first option for a group ride must be an omnimover so that we may have someone filming/photographing as we [as a group] enter/exit the ride (as this will be used for our memories video-check note # for more information).
  2. Maybe find a specific time to go visit "Figzilla" as a group.
  3. I am considering working on a memories video which we could sell after the event, which would mean that profits made from the video would go towards any future events (depending on Celebration 25's success) or if we decide not to do another event, the money would be dealt with in another manner. If the idea for a memories video is accepted, this means that we need some of our guests to bring video cameras to provide extra footage for the video. If we were to do this, the video could also include footage from some of the attractions if there is extra space on the DVD, but all footage will be welcome. We have several excellent editors joining us for this event (Martin is one whose talent has been shown for a while now ;)) so any help is welcome.
  4. If anyone has any connections or contacts within the Online or Non-official Disney community that they could call in, we are taking the stance of "the more, the merrier."
  5. I am considering the idea of bringing two Celebration 25 shirts that will be free to be signed during the event. One would be raffled or auctioned off (again profits follow the same rules as that of note #3) while the other would be put up for an online contest, much in the vein of the Mousefest T-Shirt contest that many of the podcasts participated in earlier this year. Any thoughts?
For all of the viewers of this thread that may be just joining us or just aren't sure on a few details, here is a small reminder:
  • Celebration 25 is a completely free event, though registration is required to be considered a part of our group and to recieve any of the perks that come with joining us. Even if you can only stay for a small portion of time we ask that you register with us so that we can get our numbers straight for labels and give-aways.
  • While free, Celebration 25 is a completely unnofficial event, meaning that we do not have privelages inside of the park, nor are we allowed to do tours or bend any rules. All rules that apply to regular guests apply to us. Costumes beyond hats (which cannot cover the face like a mask) are strictly prohibited. We are not responsible for any actions taken by Disney or by our own guests, so we ask that all registrants follow the rules in order to honor the importance of our event.
  • Since Celebration 25 is an unnofficial event, entrance fees to the park are not covered, nor are we doing any group ticket sales. Entrance fees, food costs and lodging are not covered by or coordinated by anyone within the event's team. You as a registrant are solely responsible for all costs outside of those clearly covered via the event`s registration.
  • The Illuminations Dessert Party is a pay-to-attend event, meaning that you cannot enter our private party with a payment confirmation and a wristband (tentatively to be distributed at the beginning of our event meet).
Any other things that I missed? I will be back in a few days, so once I return to the U.S. expect more exciting updates to follow. :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You could see if you can get enough for a private showing of Energy or maybe a few boat loads at the Land.

Oo, maybe enough people to completely fill Grand Fiesta ;)

brkgnews

I'm with ya on energy, merf. Granted it ain't the most... ahem... thrilling :lookaroun ride, it'd fit a large crowd nicely and make for a good photo op (hint hint Disney PR staff cough) :lookaroun

And it is still (sort of) classic EPCOT.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Cool - I still use film as well, but our numbers really seem to be shrinking. Hopefully I will be there Oct 1 and we can make that certain sponsor of the Imagination Pavilion happy by using some of their product.

All right! ( slaps Jeffb a high five..)

Only one problem though...i don't know how "happy" that certain sponser will be when they learn i use FUJI FILM!

Eek!

Sorry....

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom