Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

EpcotServo

Without Jenn or I's parties, we are at 182 registered attendees. I think nametags will be pretty simple, sortof a "grab-write-and-place" kind of thing; nothing expensive (unless we someone wants to pitch in for those).
We could have a few people stop by Office Depot and get those great red "Hello! My name is..." stickers. I think they were like $10 bucks for a bunch. It's gonna be great! Still sad I won't attended the evening party, but $40 bucks for a show I've seen hundreds of times and desert is just too much for me.

OCTOBER 1st IS COMING! (And it'll be 100% Wand-free!)
:D

jedimaster1227

We are now at 187 registrees, so I am assuming that we will have over 200 members joining us by the time we close registration (August 30th is the cut off everyone). Tomorrow I am calling Epcot management personally inform and invite any Disney executives to our event. So heres hoping for a good response.

jasondiff

Well as we near the big day I finally "registered" on the site. I can't wait for the biggest party I've ever been a part of. Also did I miss it or are we doing the desert party or not? I know I'm waaay late on this but did we get the spot or whats going on with that?:cool:

My wife and I just registered... We will be there!

The dessert party is on! If you want to attend the dessert party you must register for it separately and send payment. All the details and the registration form are at the 2nd link in my sig.
Please note the cutoff for dessert party registrations is August 28th!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well I am officially in for the meet and have already signed up for the desert buffet. Would someone like to save me from reading 568 posts and let me know what the plan is for the day?

jasondiff

Well I am officially in for the meet and have already signed up for the desert buffet. Would someone like to save me from reading 568 posts and let me know what the plan is for the day?

I don't think anything has been officially scheduled yet, other than meeting at 10am behind Fountain of Nations, and the Dessert Party.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think anything has been officially scheduled yet, other than meeting at 10am behind Fountain of Nations, and the Dessert Party.
Well if possible I would like to propose that the group gets a Soarin FP prior to or shortly after heading over to the meeting place . It would be pretty cool if we could fill up an entire theater with WDWmagic members. At that time of year it and TT should be the only attraction with a huge wait.

brkgnews

There was some talk about us trying to get somewhat of an ERT on one of the big-mama attractions that could eat a bunch of people at once, but only Soarin or (gasp!) UoE could handle that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There was some talk about us trying to get somewhat of an ERT on one of the big-mama attractions that could eat a bunch of people at once, but only Soarin or (gasp!) UoE could handle that.
Well UoE would be the easiest one to do but there are also the circle vision movies and AA that we could easily get into. It is a shame SSE will be down at that time.

EpcotServo

Aww man! ERT on Soarin' (or anything actully) would be awesome!
:D

brkgnews

By the way -- when I said ERT, I mean everybody in the group rides it once together -- didn't mean the typical ACE ERT, where the entire thing is open exclusively to us for an hour or more. Hope I didn't give the wrong impression.

Of course, if Jim MacPhee DID want to give us an hour or so before the park opened for the day, that'd be nice, too. :lookaroun

jedimaster1227

While I am waiting on return calls from Tony Baxter and Jim Macphee, I would just like to inform you that a reporter (though I won't give his name away just yet) from the Orlando Sentinel will be joining us to possibly cover the event in a story (or blog entries)... Just thought this was really really good news... :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
This is awesome news ! Do i have you to thank for this ?

Regardless of what may come forward from Disney in regards to actually honoring the anniversary, WE will still be having our bash....but it sounds like we may be getting some special treats tossed in after all. With the Wand finally coming down and the hints being dropped now from those out there involved behind the scenes, i am starting to beleive this little fan event i sparked off is having an even greater potential to be fanned into a flame.

I'm very excited about this all.....

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom