Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I am bringing some VERY SPECIAL Celebration 25 mini button pins to give out to deserving CM's on October 1st. These i have reserved for CM's who go above and beyond in making Magic that day....and for anyone i meet who was there from day 1 at EPCOT. There are over 300 original EPCOT Cm's that STILL work there ( amazing!!!!) and i want to meet at least some of them to thank them for what they have done over the years. These pins are my way of saying "thank you". I only have a very small handful of these pins, adorned with a pastel purple ribbon ( Figment purple of course..)...so i guess you could say these are "rare collectibles"! Hee hee...

Well, if you do give these out, try and talk to Lonnie at AA. He's hands down the nicest CMs in EPCOT that I've ever talked to (no offense to any EPCOT CMs on here :lol:). Loved the EPCOT Center shirt I had on one day and did a great certificate for us on our wedding anniversary. He did such a nice job, we framed it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
YES!!!!

Bring your pins folks, as i will have my pin bag on display at the Registration table for your trading pleasure. The bulk of what i have are CM Lanyard pins ( nice ones too....) and i also have a couple of YOMD Dream Pins!!
i have 1 lonely pin.... yep, just one and i dont think anyone except CM's would trade for a monorail orange pin. :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I have a stockpile of exclusive, first day, limitted edition, CM-only etc.. pins. I get them frome vents/opening/etc and just toss them in a pile on my desk. I doubt any of them are real collectable though because they were all free.

Jekyll_Baker

Carl and Crazy4WDW1 - Great shirts! How do you get them made? Carl - I would be interested in the buying one of those shirts if you had the ability to have more made.

Thanks Jeffb. I just made my shirt with ink-jet T-shirt transfers (Avery #3271). The pavilion icons on the left sleeve were made using WordPerfect and the "Prototype Community" font from mickeyavenue.com. The rest of the graphics were done in PhotoShop. I actually scanned my wheel guide from 1983, cleaned it up a little, and added the text.

I don't know if I'll have time the rest of this week to make another. I don't have a problem with sharing something that others may enjoy, so I have saved the graphics as 4 PDF files. You (and anyone else interested) can download them at http://savefile.com/projects/808541738

Hope to see everyone on the 1st!!!:sohappy:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I have a stockpile of exclusive, first day, limitted edition, CM-only etc.. pins. I get them frome vents/opening/etc and just toss them in a pile on my desk. I doubt any of them are real collectable though because they were all free.

Merf, i say bring em'. I know i for one would like to see what you have. You would be amazed at what is actually considered "real collectable" by Pin Peeps like me!

I will have my bag with me probably both Sunday and Monday...for those wondering!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
"TaranRocked99" has brought it to our attention that tonight (9/26) they will be testing pyro in EPCOT. Expect a lot of "bangs" at around 2am-ish!

One can only assume it has something to do with the much anticipated "EPCOT 25" addition to Illuminations.

Anyone going to stay up and listen for it?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Nope...check the link, although there were various dedications etc throughout October, and the hotels weren't opened until later.
maybe it was when the park opened for workers and their families.

EDIT: from my notes, Disney staff was ready to greet the paying guestd on opening day, October 23, 1971. September of 1971 is when the park practiced on the workers families etc

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Urm... October 1st `71 was the first paying guest day :wave:

I`ve noticed from the trip countdowns we all begin to drift off from tomorrow to The World. Have a great time, and I hope we can all meet each other on Monday if not before :D

Kuhio

Speaking of such, just a heads up: When i called around 1ish today i was told that the ROSE AND CROWN is FULLY BOOKED for the entire Dinner period on Sunday, Sept 30th. Just wanted to pass that along if anyone else is waiting until the last second to make ADR's.

I did not even attempt to reserve a spot anywhere for Oct 1st. As much as i would have liked to have seen/received one of the cool Retro Menu cards, i felt it would be best to keep my day as open as possible....as you never can tell what may happen, you know?

:animwink:

I called last week to book dinner for R&C on the 30th, and was surprised at how fully booked it already was. I was told that I got one of the last available seatings, at 4:30.

Speaking of the retro menus... does that mean that the physical menus (i.e., pieces of paper you are handed) will be "retro"? And if so, does anyone know if guests will be able to keep them as souvenirs? (I would definitely try for an ADR on the 1st if that were the case...) Or does "retro menu" just mean that the choices of food served will in some sense be "retro" (i.e., the same menu items that were served in '82)?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Urm... October 1st `71 was the first paying guest day :wave:

I`ve noticed from the trip countdowns we all begin to drift off from tomorrow to The World. Have a great time, and I hope we can all meet each other on Monday if not before :D

Thanks Martin...they wouldn't believe me!
See you down there!

jedimaster1227

Someone mentioned elsewhere that for the meets with Marty on the AP page have changed their wording to say something like "Seating is limitted" versus "bring your pass" or anything of that sort.

I just received final word that while we will be getting tickets (dessert party attendees only), they do not guarantee a space in the session. Luckily, we updated our schedule to fit this change before the final copy went to print earlier this past weekend. Directly after our group photo, those with our 1st session (11:00 a.m.) tickets will need to go directly to the Circle of Life theater. 2nd session ticket-holders will go at 4:30 p.m.

Oh... And some more good news for our dessert party group. Those attending WILL be allowed to stay with our group on the Italy Isola for the burnoff. Of course, bathroom access in the Italy pavilion will be allowed for those who remain (once you leave the group though, you won't be admitted back in, except if you went to the bathrooms), but this is a privelage that Disney is giving us for all of our work to honor this occasion. So, now the burnoff is the official close to Celebration 25! :D

Figment82

Oh... And some more good news for our dessert party group. Those attending WILL be allowed to stay with our group on the Italy Isola for the burnoff. Of course, bathroom access in the Italy pavilion will be allowed for those who remain (once you leave the group though, you won't be admitted back in, except if you went to the bathrooms), but this is a privelage that Disney is giving us for all of our work to honor this occasion. So, now the burnoff is the official close to Celebration 25! :D

Hooray! My idea is now an official part of Celebration 25! This is going to be a lot more fun than the usual me sitting by myself for an hour and a half. :)

Figment82

So I've begun to decorate my car in honor of the celebration. I got some Crayola window markers, and now the back half of my car is a glorified map of Future World. The back window has SSE and CommuniCore's logos and 2 flower logos with "Happy 25th Epcot" underneath (in my best attempt at the World Bold font). The left back window has Energy, Horizons, and World of Motion and the right back window has Imagination, Land, and Living Seas.

So basically, if you stood behind my car, it would all be geographically correct. And me and my mom will be sitting in the World Showcase lagoon. :)

I still have some stick-on decals to add, and my mom made a Figment flag to hang as well. It's going to look awesome. So if you'll be in the Epcot parking lot this weekend, look for my Epcot car. :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
So I've begun to decorate my car in honor of the celebration. I got some Crayola window markers, and now the back half of my car is a glorified map of Future World. The back window has SSE and CommuniCore's logos and 2 flower logos with "Happy 25th Epcot" underneath (in my best attempt at the World Bold font). The left back window has Energy, Horizons, and World of Motion and the right back window has Imagination, Land, and Living Seas.

So basically, if you stood behind my car, it would all be geographically correct. And me and my mom will be sitting in the World Showcase lagoon. :)

I still have some stick-on decals to add, and my mom made a Figment flag to hang as well. It's going to look awesome. So if you'll be in the Epcot parking lot this weekend, look for my Epcot car. :D

Be sure and get a picture (before any rain or other environmental contaminants) alter it. Will be a good addition to the album!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Speaking of the retro menus... does that mean that the physical menus (i.e., pieces of paper you are handed) will be "retro"? And if so, does anyone know if guests will be able to keep them as souvenirs? (I would definitely try for an ADR on the 1st if that were the case...) Or does "retro menu" just mean that the choices of food served will in some sense be "retro" (i.e., the same menu items that were served in '82)?

I am guessing that they will be specially printed cardstock versions of the usual resturant menu with special decor and possible anniversary dessert.

I went to DisneyLand this past May and ate with friends at the Blue Byou. DL was in the thick of it's POTC 3 Premiere hooplah that weekend, so the Blue Byou had a special large menu card. It was pretty neat, and was all POTC movie themed and most of the itmes were renamed/rethemed to fit a Pirate motif. Even the desserts were re-themed...and came with POTC related additions ( all edible). The menus were a single large card, very nice, and were definately made to be kept and taken home as souveniers of your meal.

So i am only speculating that the "Retro menus" will be similar, in that it will be a specially printed cardstock replica of a particular resturants opening year menu. I would assume these will be similar in that they will be ment to be taken home too.

I guess in a few more days, we will both know for sure!

:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom