Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm printing out my Dessert confirmation e-mails and adding them to the pile of things I need for Sunday/Monday. I can not believe how close it is!

Jenn - I'll be looking for you on Friday. I'll look for Figment - you look for the Dreamfinder. We can get a photo together. :)

I'll see everyone soon!

It will be worth it to be at the park for your arrival...and obligatory photographic evidence. Do you plan on being there at the start or for a later arrival?

jasondiff

So, both days the start time for wristband/Id/check-in disribution is 7am?

I gotta make a new plan of attack since i changed resorts. I actually gotta drive to Epcot :p

Yes, both days registration starts at 7am (that's been on the schedule for a while). Remember everybody, help us help you by getting there early! Can't think of what you'll do for 2 hours until the park opens? Bring your pins!

Crazy4WDW1

Did I miss the post about meeting up at MNSSHP on Sunday? We'll be there and would love to say "hi" to everyone!

Check out the cool shirts my son designed for us to wear!

jitcrunch.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did I miss the post about meeting up at MNSSHP on Sunday? We'll be there and would love to say "hi" to everyone!

Check out the cool shirts my son designed for us to wear!
We are meeting in front of Casey's just before the first parade. We will stay there until the end of Hallowishes. After Hallowishes we will head over to HM.

Here is a link to the thread.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
On a somewhat bitter note....I got my e-mail of Disney insider today and this is what they have in their this week in Disney history section.

September 27, 1947 - Disney's 9th animated feature film, Fun and Fancy Free is released. This marks the beginning of sound effects man Jim Macdonald as the voice of Mickey Mouse -- Macdonald will be Mickey's voice for the next three decades.

October 1, 1911 - Disney Legend Irwin Kostal is born in Chicago, Illinois. He will bring his musical genius to Disney films including "Mary Poppins," "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," and "Pete's Dragon."

Funny, I could of sworn that there was something else pretty significant in Disney history that happened during that time period. I think I remember hearing something about a park opening with a big golf ball in it on October 1st. Oh well I guess my memory is not as good as it used to be.

jeffb

Carl and Crazy4WDW1 - Great shirts! How do you get them made? Carl - I would be interested in the buying one of those shirts if you had the ability to have more made.

Crazy4WDW1

Thanks! I thought he did a great job! We ordered them on CafePress.com. If you do a search for "celebration 25" they should come up.

Thanks for the info on the meet at Casey's. We should be there.

Horizonstta

Maybe this was posed somewhere in the past 2,413 comments, but EPCOT usually doesn't open the parking gate until 8am. Does anyone know if this will be different on Monday, considering that check-in starts at 7am?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Maybe this was posed somewhere in the past 2,413 comments, but EPCOT usually doesn't open the parking gate until 8am. Does anyone know if this will be different on Monday, considering that check-in starts at 7am?

Check in is outside the gates near the kennel club (left when facing the entrance)

Edit:...sorry....misread the "parking gate" part...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
On a somewhat bitter note....I got my e-mail of Disney insider today and this is what they have in their this week in Disney history section.

Funny, I could of sworn that there was something else pretty significant in Disney history that happened during that time period. I think I remember hearing something about a park opening with a big golf ball in it on October 1st. Oh well I guess my memory is not as good as it used to be.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, they also left out another minor event...something about the opening of WDW in Floriday! :eek:

Also the opening of Horizons...

To ease the hurt a little, go here for a proper history:

http://thisdayindisneyhistory.homestead.com/Oct01.html

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

jasondiff

We have confirmed with Disney that the parking entrance/toll booths will open at 7am on both Sunday and Monday.

Just FYI for anyone who is not familiar with the area, our registration table will be outside of the security bag check area. Coming from the bus dropoff areas, keep to the left to go around the security check.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Someone mentioned elsewhere that for the meets with Marty on the AP page have changed their wording to say something like "Seating is limitted" versus "bring your pass" or anything of that sort.

jasondiff

Someone mentioned elsewhere that for the meets with Marty on the AP page have changed their wording to say something like "Seating is limitted" versus "bring your pass" or anything of that sort.

It now says:
Passholders are invited to join the backstage magic when Disney Legend, Marty Sklar, takes everyone on an inspiring stroll down memory lane. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of kids and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Come hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney World® Resort.

Seating at this event is limited.

Since it's on the passholder page and "Passholders are invited" I'd assume they'll be checking passes. Still doesn't say anything about guests.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yes, both days registration starts at 7am (that's been on the schedule for a while). Remember everybody, help us help you by getting there early! Can't think of what you'll do for 2 hours until the park opens? Bring your pins!

YES!!!!

Bring your pins folks, as i will have my pin bag on display at the Registration table for your trading pleasure. The bulk of what i have are CM Lanyard pins ( nice ones too....) and i also have a couple of YOMD Dream Pins!!

Okay, just now i finally finished packing. I had to pull out 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, and a pair of pants to make room. I know i will be buying shirts down there ( heh hehe...drools) so need the space NOW!

"Figment" is ready to go....i put on his original tag for the special occasion. He has his own Park ticket too.....with one day left...from 1983! :D

I am SO READY now.....made my ADR's this afternoon ( i know i know...i was cutting it close!) and have two reservations for my week in town.

Speaking of such, just a heads up: When i called around 1ish today i was told that the ROSE AND CROWN is FULLY BOOKED for the entire Dinner period on Sunday, Sept 30th. Just wanted to pass that along if anyone else is waiting until the last second to make ADR's.

I did not even attempt to reserve a spot anywhere for Oct 1st. As much as i would have liked to have seen/received one of the cool Retro Menu cards, i felt it would be best to keep my day as open as possible....as you never can tell what may happen, you know?

:animwink:

Figment82

I did not even attempt to reserve a spot anywhere for Oct 1st. As much as i would have liked to have seen/received one of the cool Retro Menu cards, i felt it would be best to keep my day as open as possible....as you never can tell what may happen, you know?

:animwink:

I hear you - My mom and I have reservations for Chefs de France on the 1st, and now I'm worried we'll have to give up our spot due to all of the fun stuff going on. Our seating is at noon, so hopefully there will be some down time after the group photo (and the photo won't take an hour).

I'm going to bring my small pin bag on Sunday, but I'll have to see about bringing it on Monday. It's a little heavy and I'm only really looking for a few pins (and they are extremely rare) so it might be best to leave it home in favor of carrying other cool stuff around. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom