Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

CThaddeus

I`m getting prepared. Do you think this is overkill?

That looks similar to what I carry around with me all the time in my backpack. In fact, that's pretty much what I had today (first day at the Magic Kingdom). If anyone else is here at the World and saw a strange guy wearing a "Meet the Robinsons" t-shirt and lugging around a backpack the size of a small overweight child, that was me.
By the way, is there any way I could get another confirmation email sent to me. I made the mistake of deleting a few nights ago. I'm a fool, yes siree, I ain't gonna live to be 43...
Gracias. And, see you soon, Martin!

Disney_Freak429

Jason, I just got that e-mail you sent out & may I say it gave me a headache with the small print & no spaceing.lol

I survived & read it all though just like I was told to. ;)

*e-mail goes off* someone read my mind with that re-send.lol wow scary

jasondiff

I just sent out an email to all Dessert Party attendees with some important information. (Actually I sent it twice, I screwed up the formatting of it the first time, so just ignore the first one and look at the one that says [resend]!)

Anyway I figured I'd post that important info here too just in case. (And before anyone asks, yes my phone # is not xx-ed out on the actual email!)
Hello Celebration 25 Dessert Party Attendee,

This email contains some last-minute important information concerning the Celebration 25 Epcot IllumiNations Dessert Party on October 1. Please be sure to read it thoroughly, and feel free to email me with any questions. This information supersedes any information posted on the website in case of any discrepancies, particularly the information about wristband pickup times.

The IllumiNations Dessert Party will be held on October 1, 2007 at Epcot. Separate theme park admission is required but not included in the price of the Dessert Party.

Registration tables for Celebration 25 and the Dessert Party will be located in front of the Kennel Club at Epcot. Please click this link for a picture of the location:
http://home.comcast.net/~jasondiff/epcottables2.jpg

The registration tables will be open on Sunday, September 30, from 7:00 am to 10:00 am, and Monday, October 1, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.

You MUST come to the registration tables during these times to receive your wristband, which is required for admission to the Dessert Party. Disney controls admission to the Dessert Party location, and will not admit anyone without a wristband.

The lead member of your party can register and receive the wristbands for everyone in the party. The lead member of the party is defined as the person who sent the Paypal payment and is listed in the registration confirmation email as “Payment from.” The lead member of the party must bring ALL of the registration confirmation email printouts for each member of the party in order to pick up all of the wristbands. Only one wristband will be given per registration confirmation email printout. Alternately, the person listed on the email registration confirmation printout as “Registered Attendee” may pick up his/her own wristband. Anyone picking up wristbands will be required to show a photo ID. The name on the photo ID must match either the “Registered Attendee” or “Payment from” name on the registration confirmation email.

No unaccompanied minors will be given wristbands or admitted to the Dessert Party. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

The IllumiNations Dessert Party location is the Italy Isola. It is across from Italy in the World Showcase. Please click on this link for a picture of the location:
http://home.comcast.net/~jasondiff/italyisola.png

The Dessert Party begins at 8:00 pm. Desserts are served from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The cash bar will be open from 8:00 pm to 9:30 pm.

In case of inclement weather, the Dessert Party will be moved to an indoor location. This backup location is not yet known but you will be told when you pick up your wristbands. If the Dessert Party is moved indoors, the Dessert Party time will be moved up by 30 minutes, such that desserts will be served from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm, and the cash bar will be open from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. The Italy Isola will still be reserved for our group so that anyone who wants to view IllumiNations can proceed to the Italy Isola after the dessert party to view IllumiNations.

If it is impossible for you to pick up your wristband at the registration tables on Sunday or Monday mornings, you can authorize someone to pick up your wristbands for you. You must send me an email by September 28th at 10 pm with the name of everyone in your party, and the full name of the person who will pick up the wristbands for your party. This authorized person will be required to show a photo ID, and the name on the photo ID must match the name you sent me. This authorized person must present the registration confirmation emails for everyone in your party in order to pick up the wristbands.

If you are unable to pick up your wristband during the registration table times listed above, and unable to authorize someone else to pick them up for you during the registration table times, it may be possible based on my schedule to receive your wristbands at an alternate time and location. This is solely based on my discretion. Please contact me as soon as possible if this is necessary. Arrangements must be made prior to October 1.

No refunds of the Dessert Party fee will be given for no-shows. If your circumstances prohibit you from attending the Dessert Party, please let me know as soon as possible. Upon authorization from you, I may be able transfer your registration and wristbands to someone on the waiting list and you may be able to receive a partial refund. Prior to September 28 at 11pm, you may email me. After September 28, please call my cell phone at xxx-xxx-xxxx between 8 am and 9 pm.

If you or your authorized person do not pick up your wristband during the above registration table times, and you do not contact me prior to October 1 to arrange alternate plans or to request a transfer to someone on the waiting list, then at 9 am on October 1 your wristbands become the property of the Celebration 25 Team and you will not be entitled to a refund.

Everyone attending the Dessert Party will receive a special ticket to attend a presentation by Marty Sklar on October 1. These tickets will be distributed at registration with the wristbands. There are two presentations on October 1, tentatively scheduled at 12:00 noon and 4:00 pm. The location is tentatively scheduled to be the Circle of Life Theater in The Land. The exact times and location will be confirmed at the registration tables. Every dessert party attendee will receive one ticket. Unfortunately we cannot accept any requests in advance for a specific session. We will hand out the tickets on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you have a time preference for the sessions, try to arrive as early as possible on Sunday to register! These tickets are for Dessert Party attendees only and admit one. Only ticket holders will be admitted to the sessions; no guests will be admitted.

Please email me at diff@alum.mit.edu if you have any questions or problems.

Thanks!
Jason Diffendal & the Celebration 25 Team

jasondiff

Jeff, I just got that e-mail you sent out & may I say it gave me a headache with the small print & no spaceing.lol

I survived & read it all though just like I was told to. ;)

*e-mail goes off* someone read my mind with that re-send.lol wow scary

Wow you're quick! Sorry about that horrendous first email, that's what I get for trying out a new program without reading all the instructions!

BTW my name's Jason!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
So, both days the start time for wristband/Id/check-in disribution is 7am?

I gotta make a new plan of attack since i changed resorts. I actually gotta drive to Epcot :p

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Nice job there Jason....you covered everything very well in the final Dessert Party confirmation statement. Adding the links to photos is a nice touch too...as attendees can see exactly where we will be with no confusion!

Well done my friend!

:sohappy:

Adam, check your PM's! I just read your first blog post, and it pretty much sums up what i was getting at way back then. I am really happy to see that the message came across, and fans far and near rallied to answer the call in droves! It will indeed be a very special day come October 1st. I realized while reading your comments that in a way, i am indeed giving back to EPCOT a little of what i have taken away from it every visit....since my first in May of 83'. To be able to do this, and realize that connection, makes this Event all the more meaningful for me. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.....and thanks for using my old quote!

Latest update from my end: Tomorrow night i will be posting the two threads i promised for complete On Site coverage of Celebration 25: The "Complete Coverage" thread and the "Virtual Photo Album". Watch for them late tomorrow night, before i leave for MCO on Thursday!

I think i finally have figured out how to pack my carry on so i can fit everything i need to bring with me in it! I will have to give up some shirts..( cloths...who needs em'...i will be buying NEW shirts anyway!:lol:) and then i should be able to finally close the lid.

I was bored at work today, so drew up a bunch of Figment pictures...even a Dreamfinder one. Yeah, i am already On Property really at this point...have been for about a month!

I have amassed a decent collection of pins over the past few weeks and i hope to have some gems some of you will be interesting in trading with me for! The bulk of them are CM exclusives ( lanyard pins) so i hope to meet up with some traders! Did we ever set a time for a Pin Meet on Sunday or Monday?? I don't remember seeing that listed on the Official Schedule. I suppose whenever....though i will have my pins with me at Registration so if anyone wants to see em' i may have them out on the table for viewing.

I am bringing some VERY SPECIAL Celebration 25 mini button pins to give out to deserving CM's on October 1st. These i have reserved for CM's who go above and beyond in making Magic that day....and for anyone i meet who was there from day 1 at EPCOT. There are over 300 original EPCOT Cm's that STILL work there ( amazing!!!!) and i want to meet at least some of them to thank them for what they have done over the years. These pins are my way of saying "thank you". I only have a very small handful of these pins, adorned with a pastel purple ribbon ( Figment purple of course..)...so i guess you could say these are "rare collectibles"! Hee hee...

I keep reading about the fun plans you guys have for MNSSHP on Sunday night. I am attending Friday's party but if i have the $$ avalible, and can avoid staying out too late ( have to get up early Monday) i MAY...MAY decide to join you. I will have to wait and see ...but if i do, watch out for Figment!

Don't forget folks: REHEARSE singing "Golden Dream" for our big American Adventure sing-along! It would be very cool if we could hear EVERYONE singling the song line for line LOUD ( respectfully loud...not annoyingly loud please). It would also be great to get this sing along ON FILM...however, i am aware of the strict "no videotaping" rule for AA. I was thinking, perhaps it would be possible to ask the CM at the podium when we are being seated if videotaping of US, the audience ONLY during that segment would be alright? We could even have our roving cameramen ( and ladies) stand up over by the CM's podium and point their cameras at the seats, thus insuring we are true to our word.

I was thinking of this recently......what do you folks think?

Figment82

I'm printing out my Dessert confirmation e-mails and adding them to the pile of things I need for Sunday/Monday. I can not believe how close it is!

Jenn - I'll be looking for you on Friday. I'll look for Figment - you look for the Dreamfinder. We can get a photo together. :)

I'll see everyone soon!

Disney_Freak429

Jason, sorry about the name screw up not only did it give me a headache it made me screw up you name.

Also I forgot EPCOTServo have a great time at DL see you on Monday.

Jenn I would have gone Friday but I won't be getting in till Sat. I will still see you Sunday morning at EPCOT though before I head over to MK for MNSSHP.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I am bringing some VERY SPECIAL Celebration 25 mini button pins to give out to deserving CM's on October 1st. These i have reserved for CM's who go above and beyond in making Magic that day....and for anyone i meet who was there from day 1 at EPCOT. There are over 300 original EPCOT Cm's that STILL work there ( amazing!!!!) and i want to meet at least some of them to thank them for what they have done over the years. These pins are my way of saying "thank you". I only have a very small handful of these pins, adorned with a pastel purple ribbon ( Figment purple of course..)...so i guess you could say these are "rare collectibles"! Hee hee...

Word of caution, CM's aren't supposed to accept gifts, not even pins/buttons. I've seen group do similar nice gestures in the past and the CM might even wear it on their lapel that day, but at the end of the day it gets turned in to management to never be seen again.

I'm not sure what to suggest, other then maybe talking to Disney and getting an a-ok or something. I just know i've seen tons of "nice gesture" things surrendered to management because of the no gifts rules.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Jenn - I'll be looking for you on Friday. I'll look for Figment - you look for the Dreamfinder. We can get a photo together. :)

WOW!!! FINALLY i find someone going on FRIDAY! Woo Hoo! And as DREAMFINDER too!! Awesome....we SO totally have to find each other and do a photo op! Talk about fantastic......

When i went last year in this costume, i recieved a lot of feedback from CM's. I had many come right over to me and talk to me about it. I had a Guest come over and photo me as he was going on and on about how much he loves Figment. It was surprising to me...but cool too!

We so have to get Dreamfinder and Figgy together again. What better time then near the 25th Anniversary of MK's "sister" park?

NOW...i am really excited.

( tries to calm down so i can go to sleep tonight...)

:D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Word of caution, CM's aren't supposed to accept gifts, not even pins/buttons. I've seen group do similar nice gestures in the past and the CM might even wear it on their lapel that day, but at the end of the day it gets turned in to management to never be seen again.

I'm not sure what to suggest, other then maybe talking to Disney and getting an a-ok or something. I just know i've seen tons of "nice gesture" things surrendered to management because of the no gifts rules.

Awww drat...forgot about that one!

Well, perhaps i will have to reserve these for deserving CM's that are attending our Event and are "off duty".......like those 35 Monorail pilots scheduled to show up??

:animwink:

Jekyll_Baker

A couple of things:

Thanks for the email Jason. I too shall add it to my pile of stuff for the 1st.

Adam, your blog hit the point perfectly. Thank you and Jenn and Jason for all your hard works and inspirations.

I know there's supposed to be a new commemorative shirt for sale on the 1st, but I was kinda bored, so I made myself a long-sleeve t-shirt for Monday night (in the odd case that it got chilly at night) What ya'll think:
Front
P9250081.jpg

Front, close-up
P9250082.jpg

Back
P9250083.jpg

Back, close-up
P9250084.jpg

If I get out of work early enough on Sunday (although it's the last day of the month, so there is inventory to deal with, plus our special last Sunday dinner - ugh), hopefully I'll be able to join up at MNSSHP on Sunday night. If I show up, maybe I'll come as a chef LOL.

Definitely see you all on Monday! I'm so excited - I can barely get anything started at work because my mind is more on EPCOT 25 than what I'm supposed to be doing. (and I'm jealous of any of ya'll who are already there, or will be there this weekend :)

Figment82

WOW!!! FINALLY i find someone going on FRIDAY! Woo Hoo! And as DREAMFINDER too!! Awesome....we SO totally have to find each other and do a photo op! Talk about fantastic......

When i went last year in this costume, i recieved a lot of feedback from CM's. I had many come right over to me and talk to me about it. I had a Guest come over and photo me as he was going on and on about how much he loves Figment. It was surprising to me...but cool too!

We so have to get Dreamfinder and Figgy together again. What better time then near the 25th Anniversary of MK's "sister" park?

NOW...i am really excited.

( tries to calm down so i can go to sleep tonight...)

:D

We will definitely have to meet up at some point. I went as Dreamfinder last year too and received so many great comments, I even met a few people dressed as Figment. I managed to wear my costume to Epcot on Halloween last year (minus Figment everyone thought I was Willy Wonka :hammer: ) and got my photo with Figment. A true highlight for me. :)

Jenn - I'll send you a pic of me in my costume so you can keep an eye out.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
HOLY mother of Mickey!

That is by far THE coolest shirt i have seen related to the 25th! I LOVE IT!!!

What is so cool about it is how you have decorated the sleeves...VERY nice! Also, i like the logo you did for the front, and the incorporation of the original guide program on the back with the dates.

In true 80's style: It's "Totally Awesome"!!!!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
We will definitely have to meet up at some point. I went as Dreamfinder last year too and received so many great comments, I even met a few people dressed as Figment. I managed to wear my costume to Epcot on Halloween last year (minus Figment everyone thought I was Willy Wonka :hammer: ) and got my photo with Figment. A true highlight for me. :)

Jenn - I'll send you a pic of me in my costume so you can keep an eye out.

Nice! I will be on the lookout for ya!

:wave:

Jekyll_Baker

HOLY mother of Mickey!

That is by far THE coolest shirt i have seen related to the 25th! I LOVE IT!!!

What is so cool about it is how you have decorated the sleeves...VERY nice! Also, i like the logo you did for the front, and the incorporation of the original guide program on the back with the dates.

In true 80's style: It's "Totally Awesome"!!!!

Thanks Jenn!

imamouse

A couple of things:

Thanks for the email Jason. I too shall add it to my pile of stuff for the 1st.

Adam, your blog hit the point perfectly. Thank you and Jenn and Jason for all your hard works and inspirations.

I know there's supposed to be a new commemorative shirt for sale on the 1st, but I was kinda bored, so I made myself a long-sleeve t-shirt for Monday night (in the odd case that it got chilly at night) What ya'll think:
Front
P9250081.jpg

Front, close-up
P9250082.jpg

Back
P9250083.jpg

Back, close-up
P9250084.jpg

If I get out of work early enough on Sunday (although it's the last day of the month, so there is inventory to deal with, plus our special last Sunday dinner - ugh), hopefully I'll be able to join up at MNSSHP on Sunday night. If I show up, maybe I'll come as a chef LOL.

Definitely see you all on Monday! I'm so excited - I can barely get anything started at work because my mind is more on EPCOT 25 than what I'm supposed to be doing. (and I'm jealous of any of ya'll who are already there, or will be there this weekend :)

OMG - that's an amazing shirt :eek:! Excellent job - like Jenn, I like the sleeves and the original program on the back (with the addition of 10-1-07). You are very talented!!!

Disney_Freak429

Very nice shirt I love it. I will take both your's & Jenn's in a Medium.;)

I must head to bed now since I need to get a hair cut before I have my last 4 hrs. of work before the trip.

Goodnight everyone & I am sure I will check in again soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom