Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

coasterphil

I won't be making it to the park early on the 25th any more as I have to drop someone off at the airport in the morning. I should still be there in plenty of time for the ceremony though, I just won't have as nice of a spot as the rest of you.

Kuhio

So i am only speculating that the "Retro menus" will be similar, in that it will be a specially printed cardstock replica of a particular resturants opening year menu. I would assume these will be similar in that they will be ment to be taken home too.

I guess in a few more days, we will both know for sure!

:animwink:

Cool! I'm looking forward to finding out...

jasondiff

Everyone who emailed me about problems with receiving the dessert party emails, you should have them now. Everyone please check to make sure you have the registration confirmation email and print it (there's a separate one for each person in your party!) to bring to the registration table. If anyone still needs it PM me ASAP!

Edit:
Final emails to those who registered are being sent out momentarily. If you didn't get one PM me.

Edit again:
They have been sent. You should have them in your inboxes by now.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
The end is only the beginning!

Well folks, tonight i had the pleasure of not only talking to Adam again on the phone to hear the latest updates, BUT i talked to Jason for the first time "live"! We could not have a better pair working behind the scenes for this Event....both are so "into" the entire concept so much! Thanks for the GREAT chat tonight, guys! :wave:

As promised, i have posted the two new threads regarding our upcoming Event. Now folks at home, and those attending can find all the latest news and read all the roving reports directly as they happen via the "Celebration 25 Complete and Total Coverage Thread". I encourage everyone attending to post there once On Property. You all get to play the part of being "live on the air" with a exclusive story! So please post all of your trip reports, reviews, complete coverage "as it happens" types of posts THERE from this point on. THIS massive thread can continue along, but once things start happening and we are starting to experience things on Sunday and Monday it would be best to post those comments in the new thread. This will help people find out about what is going on easier so they won't have to trawl through this huge thread to read about what has happened!

For those of you wishing to share photos, please feel free to post them in the "Official Celebration 25 Virtual Photo Album" thread. It is important that we have the bulk of the photos in the Photo Album thread, as later on when the time comes to assemble the forthcoming souvenier book and video program, the photos can be found easily and all together in a group format. You are more then welcome to post related photos in the "Total Coverage" thread, please do...however be sure to take the time and post the same ones in the "Photo Album" thread.

At this point i am "signing off" somewhat, as tomorrow morning i leave for MCO. Plans have changed last minute so i am actually arriving earlier then i thought but that is ok....it will give me some extra time to settle in and maybe relax before this wild adventure gets to it's peak.

So to all of you heading out to the 'World tomorrow, and in the next few days...i wish you a SAFE TRIP and i also wish you no travel complications in arriving ( lost luggage, etc.) I will be silent online for the next week starting tomorrow, but once i return i will surely be posting a lot about my experience.

So everyone...

HAVE A MAGICAL TIME....and "See Ya REAL SOON"!!

:kiss:

jedimaster1227

Well, after totaling up our final roster, I have come to a strong number...

For old times sake, I'm going to say it one last time. :lol:

We now have 1177 registered attendees (including Jenn and I's parties)! :sohappy:

It was a pleasure speaking with you tonight Jenn (as always)!

Disney_Freak429

Jenn, have a safe trip I will see you real soon.

1177 as the final count is wonderful to think when I first read this topic in Feb. I was wondering if it would get near half that.

After getting a hair cut today I will wake up early to start packing & can't wait to arive around noon Sat.

As for that group photo everyone remain calm & lets get it done fast so some of us can make it to Marty's first session with no problem.

sillyspook13

I'm almost ready for EPCOT's 25th!

* I made a reservation for lunch at San Angel Inn for October 1. I'm taking my parents on my cast discount since none of us have eaten there before. Lunch is at 12:15, which gives me plenty of time for the 4:00 presentation with Marty Sklar, and even more time to build up an appetite for the dessert party.

* I've decided that I need to rent a locker on Monday. Does anybody know how much it costs?

* I'm looking for the EPCOT special promotion pin for my Celebration 25 lanyard. If I can't trade for it, I may need one of you who is planning to spend $35 on pins to help me out.

I'm so excited!!!:sohappy:

jasondiff

I just sent out over 400 emails to every registered party leader for Celebration 25. The text of the email is below in case you didn't receive it. It just contains some info that people have been asking about, so that no one is confused come Sunday or Monday!

Hello Celebration 25 Attendee,

This email contains some last-minute important information concerning the Celebration 25 event. Please be sure to read it thoroughly, and feel free to email us with any questions.

Celebration 25 is a two-day event being held Sunday, September 30 and Monday, October 1. Separate theme park admission is required but not included. The official schedule can be found at our web site:
http://www.freewebs.com/zmanatr/celebration25updates.htm

Registration tables for Celebration 25 will be located in front of the Kennel Club at Epcot. This location is outside of the security bag check area. Please be sure to register first before proceeding through the security bag check. Please click this link for a picture of the location:
http://home.comcast.net/~jasondiff/epcottables2.jpg

The registration tables will be open on Sunday, September 30, from 7:00 am to 10:00 am, and Monday, October 1, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. The parking gate and toll booth will open at 7:00 am both days.

You MUST come to the registration tables during these times to receive your nametag, which is required for you to be a part of our group and take part in any of our group events. These nametags are what identify you as a part of our group and will allow us to congregate as a group in Epcot. Anyone without a nametag will be considered not a part of our group and may be asked by Disney security to disperse.

The lead member of your party can register and receive the nametags and registration materials for everyone in the party. Each person in the party need not wait in line at the registration tables. The registration tables will be divided into sections by the first letter of the last name of the party leader. Please be sure you are joining the correct line.

For those interested, we have created a variety of Celebration 25 merchandise for sale at http://www.cafepress.com/celebration25. No profit is made by us on any of this merchandise. Disney does not permit us to sell any of this merchandise at the registration tables. If you are interested, you must order through the above link. This merchandise will be for sale through October 1 only and will be removed from the store at midnight on October 1.

We look forward to meeting you at this historic event!

~The Celebration 25 Team~

jasondiff

* I'm looking for the EPCOT special promotion pin for my Celebration 25 lanyard. If I can't trade for it, I may need one of you who is planning to spend $35 on pins to help me out.

Is this the pin of which you speak?
17064522.jpg

If so I will end up with lots and can trade!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sorry if this has been asked (many times) before, but how is ordering of the scrapbook/DVD going to be handled? Don't figure Disney would be too keen on money exchanging hands at the registration table. Any clarification would be helpful. Also, if we want to add a little extra to make a wish foundation how can that be arranged (again, as the mouse, understandably, doesn't want money transactions on their property.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I have a question too:

I'm not a morning person, and so I have never been to a rope drop. Can someone tell me exactly what time this happens? I thought it was 9am, but now am confused a bit as to whether it's prior to 9am, thus allowing you to enter, but not actually ride/shop etc. until 9am.

Thanks for the help :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Epcot tends to corral everyone into Innoventions plaza (on the SSE side) behind ropes until 9am. 10-15mins before then, they open the front gate and let people begin to flow in. At 9am, they have music, a Test Track car, and a bunch of Disney characters. Then CM's from all the Future World pavilions walk guests to the entrance of their attractions.

Jekyll_Baker

1177 attendees!!! Too bad we couldn't have had 1982 people :)

Also, I had a thought while at work today. Will we all be doing this again 6 years 7 months from now for the 25th Anniversary of Disney-MGM Studios/Disney's Hollywood Studios? (May 1, 2014). Personally right now I can't see it happening for a half-day park. Unless it grows a lot after becoming DHS.

But if so, then we can start waiting for 2021 (MK's 50th), 2023 (AK's 25th), 2032 (EPCOT's 50th), 2039 (Studio's 50th), 2046 (MK's 75th), 2048 (AK's 50th), ad nauseum. (That's as far as I'll go - I'd be over 80 years old by then.) It'd be kinda like a class reunion.

Oh well, let's get through this next week first.

For all of you who have already left for WDW or will be leaving in the next couple days, have a safe trip. I don't leave here until Sunday afternoon. So I'll see you all on Monday!

brkgnews

Sorry if this has been asked (many times) before, but how is ordering of the scrapbook/DVD going to be handled? Don't figure Disney would be too keen on money exchanging hands at the registration table. Any clarification would be helpful. Also, if we want to add a little extra to make a wish foundation how can that be arranged (again, as the mouse, understandably, doesn't want money transactions on their property.
Don't know about the DVD, but the book is (at least according to current plans) going to be a LuLu.com "print on demand" thing. No need to pay at the event... I'll probably get with the event organizers and spam the attendees list once the book is ready and available for online ordering.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
1177 attendees!!! Too bad we couldn't have had 1982 people :)

Also, I had a thought while at work today. Will we all be doing this again 6 years 7 months from now for the 25th Anniversary of Disney-MGM Studios/Disney's Hollywood Studios? (May 1, 2014). Personally right now I can't see it happening for a half-day park. Unless it grows a lot after becoming DHS.

But if so, then we can start waiting for 2021 (MK's 50th), 2023 (AK's 25th), 2032 (EPCOT's 50th), 2039 (Studio's 50th), 2046 (MK's 75th), 2048 (AK's 50th), ad nauseum. (That's as far as I'll go - I'd be over 80 years old by then.) It'd be kinda like a class reunion.

Oh well, let's get through this next week first.

For all of you who have already left for WDW or will be leaving in the next couple days, have a safe trip. I don't leave here until Sunday afternoon. So I'll see you all on Monday!

Stop....you're making my head hurt....:lol:
I'll need to put a deposit down on my scooter to get around...:eek:

As I tell my kids....first things first!

brkgnews

Don't know about the DVD, but the book is (at least according to current plans) going to be a LuLu.com "print on demand" thing. No need to pay at the event... I'll probably get with the event organizers and spam the attendees list once the book is ready and available for online ordering.
Forgot to add...

Safe travels, all!

Disney_Freak429

Yes safe travels to everyone.

I thought Jason's first e-mail gave me a headache all those dates geez I better start saving now who know how many LE pins,shirts,ect. there will be.lol

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Epcot tends to corral everyone into Innoventions plaza (on the SSE side) behind ropes until 9am. 10-15mins before then, they open the front gate and let people begin to flow in. At 9am, they have music, a Test Track car, and a bunch of Disney characters. Then CM's from all the Future World pavilions walk guests to the entrance of their attractions.

Much thankies, that's exactly what I needed :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom