Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

mousermerf

Account Suspended
So, have folks emailed the proper places to get the information posted in the coming updates and such...?

And how many peeps we got coming? *wants to know how many "Merf rocks!" stickers to make* (totally kidding - i really want to see tons of people :) )

ZapperZ

I'll be coming, but I haven't registered yet because it's still pretty far off, and I still have to do my Memorial Day Disney trip. I'm dragging 3 other people with me.

:)

Zz.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I think many folks will be holding out to see if Disney does the Free Dining Plan offer again for this autumn before registering. I know the thought has been on my mind, as i myself am holding off on booking my travel arrangements until it becomes obvious nothing is going to be offered this "off-season".

I remember the previous two years, they announced the FDP offer around late March/ early April. I remember that well, as i had JUST come back from WDW and a week or two later i saw the offer posted everywhere and in all the newspapers!

It's early yet...so i won't get too concerned if the registrations don't pile up like crazy months beforehand. Also too, people might be waiting to see what pans out...as in, what additional perks might be happening.

As JediMaster noted earlier, having as many as we do so far ( about 25 people) with the webpage only being up for a week now is pretty good.

I definately want to start sending notices to other major WDW Fan websites to get the word out. If anyone here knows of a group or website that would appreciate this event, and would like to be inolved, don't wait for me! Go ahead and tell em' yerself!

jedimaster1227

So, have folks emailed the proper places to get the information posted in the coming updates and such...?

And how many peeps we got coming? *wants to know how many "Merf rocks!" stickers to make* (totally kidding - i really want to see tons of people :) )

Well, since the Screamscape notice, we have gone from 25 attendees to over 49. Start printing those stickers merf, as I will definitely be wearing one! :wave:

I think many folks will be holding out to see if Disney does the Free Dining Plan offer again for this autumn before registering. I know the thought has been on my mind, as i myself am holding off on booking my travel arrangements until it becomes obvious nothing is going to be offered this "off-season".

I remember the previous two years, they announced the FDP offer around late March/ early April. I remember that well, as i had JUST come back from WDW and a week or two later i saw the offer posted everywhere and in all the newspapers!

It's early yet...so i won't get too concerned if the registrations don't pile up like crazy months beforehand. Also too, people might be waiting to see what pans out...as in, what additional perks might be happening.

As JediMaster noted earlier, having as many as we do so far ( about 25 people) with the webpage only being up for a week now is pretty good.

I definately want to start sending notices to other major WDW Fan websites to get the word out. If anyone here knows of a group or website that would appreciate this event, and would like to be inolved, don't wait for me! Go ahead and tell em' yerself!

Well for what it is worth, I was the one who sent in the link to Screamscape, as I know the webmaster pretty well. I apologize for not making a longer post, but I am in Nasau on a cruise, so internet time is short.

brad.rex@disney.com

Oh...and for what it's worth...I'm on my way over to that other site to sign up right now. :wave:

I plan on emailing Brad Rex when I get back to talk about our idea.

Oh, and its great to have you aboard Lee! :wave:

SirNim

I'm still investigating my options to be there... Won't know for some time, though...

BTW, I've put a link to my shirt designs in my signature. If your wardrobe is missing vintage Epcot garb, and you'd like some, check it out! :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
WOW...50 people are signed up for the bash now! Woo Hoo!!

And LEE....:eek: WOW!! What an honor to have you come and hang out with us on this special day!

I might have a word with Brad myself......he should know about this don't you think?

:animwink:

jedimaster1227

WOW...50 people are signed up for the bash now! Woo Hoo!!

And LEE....:eek: WOW!! What an honor to have you come and hang out with us on this special day!

I might have a word with Brad myself......he should know about this don't you think?

:animwink:

Actually, now we have 70 people joining us! :D As for emailing Brad, hold off for a bit as I am writing up a professional letter that I will show everyone before we send it off.

maharet97a

Another idea. What about a scavenger or treasure hunt of some sort? It's a fun way for people to interact and meet each other and to see the whole park. You could have teams of 6 people or so and have prizes such as t-shirts or pins. Give each team a list of things to "collect" from around the park and a certain amount of time to do it. It's also a great way for our group to interact with other guests in the park and make them aware of EPCOT's big day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I doubt that`d go down well with management; we don`t want to appear to be `overunning` their park with unofficial events. Not to mention leaving items to be found could constitute a security risk.

Figment82

Scavenger hunts are no problem - groups do them all the time. Leaving things to be found would be frowned upon, but things like "buy the most interesting thing you can find in China" or a digital photo scavenger hunt would be very doable.

nibblesandbits

Scavenger hunts are no problem - groups do them all the time. Leaving things to be found would be frowned upon, but things like "buy the most interesting thing you can find in China" or a digital photo scavenger hunt would be very doable.
Or...finding certain things around the park and taking pictures of it...and who ever has the most pics of the items on the scavenger hunt list wins...or something like that.

maharet97a

I should have been more clear I guess, but the ditital photo type was what I was thinking of. You know, give each group a list of things to find and take a photo of that are already located in the park . Like taking a picture of your group in every country of the showcase wearing a hat representative of that country sort of thing. Or find and take a picture of at least 5 hidden Mickeys. You get the idea anyway.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Awesome!!

When we hit 100, i will do a happy dance!

I'm coming down to Orlando on business the first week of March, for a 2 week stay with friends. At some point i hope to make it to MK and Epcot for a day, if possible, as i have a new friend who is heavily interested in AA's and there are some things i would like him to see.

I won't know if or when this will happen, but just thought i would give everyone a heads up in case anyone will be in the Parks around that time.....:animwink:

Besides....i need a Dole Whip fix BADLY!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I've signed up for 2....I guess it should have been 3 with my daughter. We might also bring along my in-laws who will be along on the trip.

We booked the trip today....so I'll be there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom