Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

Awesome!!

When we hit 100, i will do a happy dance!

I'm coming down to Orlando on business the first week of March, for a 2 week stay with friends. At some point i hope to make it to MK and Epcot for a day, if possible, as i have a new friend who is heavily interested in AA's and there are some things i would like him to see.

I won't know if or when this will happen, but just thought i would give everyone a heads up in case anyone will be in the Parks around that time.....:animwink:

Besides....i need a Dole Whip fix BADLY!

Unfortunately I am out of town that week. Will you be coming back again before the celebration?

I've signed up for 2....I guess it should have been 3 with my daughter. We might also bring along my in-laws who will be along on the trip.

We booked the trip today....so I'll be there!

Would you like me to add them to the roster? It isn't a problem if you decide to remove them later, but we are trying to get a target number for attendance to provide in the letter to Brad Rex.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hey there Jedimaster....

The chances of me coming back before September are pretty slim......

This is a one-off that popped up..normally i am down in FL in September.

BSikor

I'm getting excited myself and its only February! This is going to be great! I've already requested the day off from work!

Figment76

Count me in!

Just as a reminder, getting a place for lunch may be a bit hard (and the idea may now be moot due to the size of the group) as that weekend will be the start of the Food and Wine Festival. So if people still want to try to have a lunch get-together, it may involve some additional advance planning.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hubby and I have booked our trip and are going to talk to some CM friends when we're down this weekend and let them know about this.

Awesome! YES..please tell as many CM's that you know about this! Word needs to get around about this special happening, as i would love to have some CM's show up and have some fun with us too!

Here's a interesting story regarding EPCOT's anniversary......a co-worker of mine just returned home from a trip to the World and was looking for something EPCOT related for me to bring back. As she wandered around a certain gift shop, she asked several CM's about if they had any EPCOT stuff for the anniversary, and asked them when EPCOT opened. Naturally there was nothing out yet in the merch dept, but the most noteworthy observation was that NONE of the CM's she had asked had ANY CLUE at all as to when the place opened, or the fact it's 25 years old!!! WOW....now that is just SAD!

So yeah, i guess many people who even work on Property have no clue at all that EPCOT is turning 25 this year! Thought you guys might like to hear that story....makes me a little depressed really...but then again, many of today's entry level CM's were only microbes when EPCOT first opened, and unless you are a "Disney Geek" like me, i guess knowing the year the park opened is not overly important....:(

Well anyway.....i am pumped. Looks like i won't get to squeeze in a quick visit while in FL in a week or so...but it's ok. When i come back at the end of September, i think i will make up for it!

:)

On a side note: Martin has introduced me to a swell online Group that might like to get involved in our event! Woo Hoo!

jedimaster1227

This thread ought not be on page 3...

Anywho.. what are we up to? Merf hasn't even signed up yet ya know..

Well, for me we are on page 6, but to let you know, we have over 100 people confirmed to attend with more that are still considering bringing extra guests. I guess you need to start doing your "happy dance" now Jenn! :wave:

Figment82

Here's a interesting story regarding EPCOT's anniversary......a co-worker of mine just returned home from a trip to the World and was looking for something EPCOT related for me to bring back. As she wandered around a certain gift shop, she asked several CM's about if they had any EPCOT stuff for the anniversary, and asked them when EPCOT opened. Naturally there was nothing out yet in the merch dept, but the most noteworthy observation was that NONE of the CM's she had asked had ANY CLUE at all as to when the place opened, or the fact it's 25 years old!!! WOW....now that is just SAD!

That wouldn't happen to be a certain ginormous store in Epcot, would it? Pfft... I'm gonna have to go yell at some people now :)

There isn't much Epcot merchandise to be had anyways, much less 25th Ann. items. I doubt we'll see much more than a few pins (like for the 20th) unless they decide to do a little more (hopefully!). And the earliest anything would come out would be late August/September.

I didn't know it was the start of F&W - that makes me want to go even more now!! Chicken Bastillas and trifles... Oh man... maybe I should pick up some hours that weekend to at least get "paid" for the gas money.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
There really isn't any good Epcot merchandise. The only attractive Epcot shirt is one for 2006. :(

How am I supposed to goto DL if there is nothing to wear to represent Epcot?

I did find some pens that light up and have SSE on the top of them and they don't have the wand. They're nifty.

Figment82

I bought the blue one when I was there last weekend - I couldn't resist.

They are too fun, and they somewhat remind me of old Epcot...

Nothing else new has come out in a while. At least I saw that the Christmas ornaments are back.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Woo Hoo! 100 people !

( Does Happy Dance after reading Jedimaster's post above)

Woo Hoo!! 100 People!!!

To Figment82: I am "guessing" it was Mouse Gear....but she did not specify which shop it was. I was not expecting any new Epcot stuff to be out yet really ( besides the cool new 3-D Dreamfinder/Fig pin) but for the CM's to NOT EVEN KNOW WHEN THE PARK OPENED is...well, surprising! Apparently they are not passing this info on in Traditions these days, or what?

Ah well....stuff happens. Life goes on!

So have we decided what to do about Lunch? With over 100 folks now, this is something we will have to consider.

One of the posters in the Group i recently started posting in was offering some info on booking a private space on Property. For about $35 a person he said he was able to get space within the Park, a meal i believe, and a space to display on tables. He noted that the prices have probably gone up now ( he held his get together a few years ago at MK in AdventureLand) but it could be a option.

For this, it would make sense to look into something in EPCOT proper..but my question is: Does EPCOT even offer such space for "rent"? Does the Oddessy even do this anymore?

What about The Imageworks? Does that rent out at all upstairs for gatherings? I know in the past the old Millineum Village has been used for large corporate and company gatherings, not to mention the annual Pin Events....but this may be out of our budget.

Anyone have any insight into these ?

BSikor

We have got to make this happen!

If we could arrange for lunch by Disney meetings that would be great. I think we need to look towards Oddessy, the World Showcase Pavillion or anywhere else that if we occupied it the regular visiting guests would be unable to enjoy it.

Wouldn't it be great if we could buy out the park for an extra couple of hours after the park opened so it could just be us in the park?

jeffb

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Last i heard about the topic. the Tunnel was STILL THERE...however, who knows how long it has been since it was turned on!

I have heard some of the old activities are still up there...the Pin Table(s), old monitor based games...etc. Those who have been there and talked about it say it is a bit sad......and makes one wish they would do SOMETHING with it. It seems like such wasted space, but Disney did have some acceptable reasons for closing it.

I think it would be cool to arrange a place to meet for a meal. I would be up for this, but how would we figure out the money issue? Surely to book something like that would require a large deposit, or half the cost (maybe all) up front when booking.

I am not sure how this could be done, but "If We Can Dream It...We Can DO IT"!

Always remember that!!

:sohappy:

jeffb

I have heard some of the old activities are still up there...the Pin Table(s), old monitor based games...etc. Those who have been there and talked about it say it is a bit sad......and makes one wish they would do SOMETHING with it. It seems like such wasted space, but Disney did have some acceptable reasons for closing it.

I seem to recall some pictures from not that long ago which showed the pin table and bunch of tv / monitors scattered on the floor. I do not recall seeing the tunnel area though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom