Frightening Spectro Rumor...

janoimagine

I was born in 1985, and have gone to wdw atleast once a year for almost 25 years now, I grew up with msep, but its not nostalgic at all to me, its just annoying, Spectro is better than msep in every way.. UPDATE SPECTRO AND BRING IT BACK

Exactly my point on the generation gap. I was referring to those of us born in the 70's. I began with the MSEP in 79'. Spectro is a great parade, however I have more love for the one I grew up with. However this is just my opinion.

janoimagine

I was born in 1985, and have gone to wdw atleast once a year for almost 25 years now, I grew up with msep, but its not nostalgic at all to me, its just annoying, Spectro is better than msep in every way.. UPDATE SPECTRO AND BRING IT BACK

So your first trip was as an infant?

candydog

I'd hate to see Spectro go to Paris simply because when Fantillusion went to Paris from Tokyo it was severely cut down. I think it had 30 floats in Tokyo and around 12 when it came to Paris.

If it makes it to DLP in it's entirety then I think it'll be nice for them to have it, it's been in WDW for years.

Let's be honest though, the best night parade, at least visually, is Tokyo's Dreamlights. It's stunning!

Everyone should stop crying over light parades that have been rolling along since the 1970's or in the case of Spectro, the 90's and start hoping that a brand new night parade with the same technology as dreamlights will come along in the next few years.

MSEP is a great parade, but it's dated. The concept is great, as is the concept for Spectro, but both probably look a little worn out and old-fashioned to the modern theme park visitor who comes to Disney for the first time.

The problem is, I assume, that light parades are more expensive to build, and seeing as they aren't run as often as daytime parades, they don't need to be replaced as often and can run for decades. Taking this into account, along with the fact that there have been so many cutbacks recently, I don't see any American parks building new light parades soon when new day parades are in the works or at least rumored to be for both parks.

The daytime parade is the flagship parade, all other parades are just extras.

rodserling27

mmm. The debate rages on yet again at WDWMagic.
I've always been a MSEP fan, never really cared for SpectroMagic. I won't babble on and on about it, but I wouldn't be upset if Spectro didn't rear its head for some time.

Why do people keep calling SpectroMagic The Magic Kingdom's baby? MSEP is absolutely more classic MK than Spectro. Sure, it is a Disneyland original, but it was a staple at The Magic Kingdom for far longer than SpectroMagic has. I don't know, I'm just partial to "Baroque Hoedown" I suppose.

disneypearl

It's great that MSEP came back this summer for something different, but after seeing it, I much prefer Spectro. If they absolutely refuse to get a new parade, atleast update spectro and keep it for awhile because it is the better one of the two.

I agree :)
It was really nice to be able to see MSEP this summer. It brought back memories and it was fun. I am glad I got to see it once more but I am ready to see Spectro again. Spectro is my favorite and I missed it by the end of my trip.

NX2I85

Spectromagic is a joke, the music is boring and the parade is a wannabe MSEP. I am glad that it is gone so are most castmembers. MSEP is the best

Like we should give a flying flip what the CMs are glad about. They are not the guests. I love CMs and appreciate the way they make the magic possible, but the idea that they have some sort of super-opinion is laughable.

Now, having said that... I wonder why a person has to rip one parade in order to express her/his enjoyment of the other. Yes I prefer Spectro, but MSEP has a place in my universe too.

DisneyParksFan1

mmm. The debate rages on yet again at WDWMagic.
I've always been a MSEP fan, never really cared for SpectroMagic. I won't babble on and on about it, but I wouldn't be upset if Spectro didn't rear its head for some time.

Why do people keep calling SpectroMagic The Magic Kingdom's baby? MSEP is absolutely more classic MK than Spectro. Sure, it is a Disneyland original, but it was a staple at The Magic Kingdom for far longer than SpectroMagic has. I don't know, I'm just partial to "Baroque Hoedown" I suppose.

Spectromagic hasn't become a legend for MK like MSEP has for DL just yet, but I think after a generation it will. It's already a classic for the MK. Spectro is the only nighttime parade that has been unique to MK, it hasn't gone anywhere else, neither did it start anywhere else. It is MK's baby. It's something WDW'ers could be proud of because it's so unique from the music, to the technology, to the grand floats, etc. There's nothing else like it out there on any other park.

Sure MSEP is all happy-go, but sometimes Baroque Hoedown gets a tad annoying IMHO. It's the same thing over... and overr... and over... The whole parade just seems a bit outdated and it needs some more technology. Just look at TDL's Dreamlights, I mean if you are going to keep a parade for that long than you should at least give it a HUGE update like TDL's. I understand it got an update last year with new LED lights and new sound etc, but it's still not up-to-par with what TDL has. I don't think MSEP has to go, I just think it should stay where it belongs, and that's DL, DL'ers seem to be enjoying it so give it back to them.

Oh! I forgot, they got a new toy (World of Color) so now they can give us their old one... Typical... -__-"

All in all, MSEP; glad it came back for a while, yeah nice updates, long time no glow over at Main Street U.S.A., but once Spectromagic gets that major refurb that's rumored, then go parade on back to DL where you belong, your THEIR classic, give way to ours.

Tigger1988

Spectromagic hasn't become a legend for MK like MSEP has for DL just yet, but I think after a generation it will. Spectro is the only nighttime parade that has been unique to MK

MSEP is a legend for Disney as a whole, not just Disneyland. It has traveled the world and even performed in New York City. Its impact isn't just limited to Disneyland, it belongs to all the Disney Parks it has performed in and MK is a huge part of that. The fact that it's been seen by so many people, in so many places is what makes it an icon.

Spectro is the only nighttime parade that has been unique to MK

MK also has the Electric Water Pageant.

DisneyParksFan1

Spectromagic is a joke, the music is boring and the parade is a wannabe MSEP. I am glad that it is gone so are most castmembers. MSEP is the best

Haha, that parade is NOTHING like the joke that MSEP is! The music is annoying, the floats are bland and very 20th century (save for the LED lights), the entire concept is kind of cheesy now. I love it but I'd much rather have Spectromagic back.

Spectromagic has this great story that's strengthened by the Spectromen and Mickey's float in the beginning, it's a wonderful story that makes great use of art, technology, and visuals. The score is wonderful and while it isn't upbeat like MSEP is, at least it's not annoying, and it kind of brings this magic to the night. Baroque Hoedown just makes nighttime a bit more... high energy if you will, but Spectro's score is just so magical and grand. It truly makes the night magical. It's only a feeling you can get when your there. The only nighttime parade that competes with Spectro's great use of technology would be Dreamlights. I mean, nothing beats looking down the parade on Main Street as the Three Little Pigs make the floats go from Black and White to a Wonderful World of Color. It's simply amazing and the type of thing that gives you goosebumps.

DisneyParksFan1

MSEP is a legend for Disney as a whole, not just Disneyland. It has traveled the world and even performed in New York City. Its impact isn't just limited to Disneyland, it belongs to all the Disney Parks it has performed in and MK is a huge part of that. The fact that it's been seen by so many people, in so many places is what makes it an icon.

MK also has the Electric Water Pageant.

Electrical Water Pageant is not a parade... It is, in effect, an Electrical Water Pageant. It's really nothing but lights floating on water, it doesn't compare to a parade.

EDIT: Well, just because it's traveled everywhere doesn't mean it's superior.

Tigger1988

That's not the point...:brick:

It doesn't compare to a real parade..

What's a real parade, exactly? You realize they do come in many forms, right? Is the Water Pageant a fake parade?

You claimed that Spectro was the only night parade unique to MK, I pointed out that it wasn't. :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

What's a real parade, exactly? You realize they do come in many forms, right? Is the Light Pageant a fake parade?

You claimed that Spectro was the only night parade unique to MK, I pointed out that it wasn't. :shrug:

See, that's not the point. We were also talking about MSEP vs. Spectro.

But to answer your question, a real parade to me is a parade that doesn't float on water, nor is up in the sky. Light Pageant isn't a fake parade, it's, again, a water parade. It's really not that hard. Lol. No sarcasm/rudeness intended. When I say parade I mean a straight up nighttime parade, not a water parade, or air parade, daytime parade, or whatever other type of parade there is.

Tigger1988

See, that's not the point. We were also talking about MSEP vs. Spectro.

But to answer your question, a real parade to me is a parade that doesn't float on water, nor is up in the sky. Light Pageant isn't a fake parade, it's, again, a water parade. It's really not that hard. Lol. No sarcasm/rudeness intended. When I say parade I mean a straight up nighttime parade, not a water parade, or air parade, daytime parade, or whatever other type of parade there is.

Rudeness? You made a false statement and I corrected you, I didn't realize continuing a discussion on a message board was rude.

Parade is a broad term, as is nighttime parade. Spectro and ELP are both nighttime parades, one takes place on land and the other on water. They're both real. No sarcasm or rudeness involved.

If you want to define parade in your own terms go for it.

DisneyParksFan1

Rudeness? You made a false statement and I corrected you, I didn't realize continuing a discussion on a message board was rude.

Parade is a broad term, as is nighttime parade. Spectro and ELP are both nighttime parades, one takes place on land and the other on water. They're both real. No sarcasm or rudeness involved.

If you want to define parade in your own terms go for it.

Woah, now your just completely misunderstanding. I never said you were being rude, I was trying to make sure I didn't come across as rude, It tends to happen on a forum in which you can't tell emotions or facial expressions, etc.

I never said they were fake, neither did I say that they weren't real. And since when did this go from MSEP vs. Spectro to Spectro vs. EWP? Can we please go back to that?

Tigger1988

It never went to Spectro vs. EWP. No one is comparing the two. I just simply stated that both are nighttime parades, found only at WDW Magic Kingdom. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom