Frightening Spectro Rumor...

_Scar

Exactly who are you speaking for? Plenty of people are "emotionally invested" in the MSEP, just as plenty are emotionally invested in Spectro. To suggest that one has somehow attained some level of artistic brilliance, or that the people who dislike one don't understand it, however, is a little silly. We're talking about light parades.

The only parade Disney's ever done that I've had ANY kind of emotional attachment to is Tapestry of Nations.

I'm not speaking for anyone at all. If you read this thread (and there are dozens out there on this site), a lot of people prefer Spectro Magic and a lot who don't necesarily even like Spectro think MSEP lost its touch- which is also evident in this thread.

Yes, a 0.00001% population of internet based Disney fans seem to prefer Spectro over MSEP (or, DEP I guess now). The same population of people who prefer the Jeremy Irons version of SSE over all others, who prefer the original JII (ok, the redo's were bad), etc.

People cling to what they remember as a child/young adult and struggle with change.

I prefer the Walter Cronkite version of SSE, but my average age is probably a bit above that of many people here. I'm ok with EO being back as I preferred that to HISTA.

I think MSEP coming back and offering something different for the MK is great. We all know it's not forever. Nothing at Disney is. At some point Spectro or something entirely different will return. So enjoy it while it's here, take advantage of something different to see and we'll all debate how we're upset it's leaving when it finally does (because that's what we do here, get mad when it comes, then get mad when it leaves :p).

Man, when Illuminations finally goes (not that Sky Dance seems to have a prayer anytime soon), the PC's of the world will be on FIRE.

I bet tons do. Million + people? Just because they don't post on the board doesn't mean they aren't a fan. A lot of people go to the MK. Wouldn't be suprised if Spectro had that many fans. It always has a packed show when I see it.

And, honestly, if I saw MSEP since I was 4, 5, 1, 10- whatever- I would still prefer Spectro. Age is not a factor. And I'd also like to point out that it changed so much, so how can you call it the same parade? Seriously, how?

I prefer change. Sure. I'd absolutely love to see Dreamlights here and maybe Fantillusion because I think I'd like them better than MSEP- but I don't think any parade is as well-rounded as Spectro.

I prefer the MSEP over Spectro. However I think what we are seeing is a generation gap, the younger generation preferrs Spectro, while the older generation who grew up with MSEP are glad to see it back.

All the people in my family who saw Spectro and MSEP- people who have been to Disneyland and WDW way back when- all preffered Spectro. We actually planned to avoid MSEP the second night in MK. :lookaroun

BrerFrog

We may need a poll to determine this once and for all. :lol:

Then, a couple of months later, we can all pretend we forgot about the poll results and have this same discussion again. :)

I love this place.

Tigger1988

A poll wouldn't do too much other than judge what the board likes better.

I think the sooner people realize the internet fan sites are just a small fraction of the visiting population the better. Just speak on your own opinion instead of making broad statements off a few posts online.

_Scar

I think the sooner people realize the internet fan sites are just a small fraction of the visiting population the better. Just speak on your own opinion instead of making broad statements off a few posts online.

Spectro would win then if you consider the whole population....

'jus sayin....

:ROFLOL:

:animwink:

BrerFrog

But this board is a good sample of the audience that visits WDW, even if we are slightly crazier than the regular guest. So I think the result of that poll would probably reflect on the entire group of visitors.

Me, I like them both equally.

imagineer boy

I think WDW needs a new light parade all together. I was actually a little disapointed when I saw Spectromagic, I didn't think the lights were very impressive and a lot of it felt dated. And looking at the Dreamlights parade at TDL, its amazing. All the other light parades are in the dust. We need floats with LED lights, and cool SFX, and new technology for a real wow factor.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So we're comparing 2 parades, one that's about 2 decades old and one that's over 3 decades old (I think)

Seriously, dump BOTH and bring something new...the music annoys me in both parades, since they're both so repetitive.

Disneyson 1

Original Poster
For clarification, I love both parades, and the "frightening" thing isn't that MSEP stays...

... it's that DLP will DESTROY Spectro if they get their hands on it...

imagineer boy

MickeyMind

I was born in 1985, and have gone to wdw atleast once a year for almost 25 years now, I grew up with msep, but its not nostalgic at all to me, its just annoying, Spectro is better than msep in every way.. UPDATE SPECTRO AND BRING IT BACK

disneydevil1

I was born in 1985, and have gone to wdw atleast once a year for almost 25 years now, I grew up with msep, but its not nostalgic at all to me, its just annoying, Spectro is better than msep in every way.. UPDATE SPECTRO AND BRING IT BACK

I completely disagree with you. Spectro is bad in every single way imaginable. The only good thing is the CHernabog float.

the-reason14

It's great that MSEP came back this summer for something different, but after seeing it, I much prefer Spectro. If they absolutely refuse to get a new parade, atleast update spectro and keep it for awhile because it is the better one of the two.

CDavid

But this board is a good sample of the audience that visits WDW

Actually this (or any Disney discussion board) is a very poor sample of the audience which visits Walt Disney World. The typical guest takes their vacation there - they don't hang out on a message board or get excited over new railings around the Epcot fountain.

No doubt there are a number of casual vacationers who don't know (or care) the difference between MSEP and Spectromagic. We can't understand such thinking, of course, which is just one example why we're a poor sample.

One thing I'm still curious about, though. This is the Disneyland Electrical parade. If Hong Kong isn't ever going to use WDW's copy, why not send that back to the states?

lilclerk

I want to be part of the Disney internet population.
MSEP all the way. And I saw it for the first time a month ago. I watched it twice in one night, I loved it so much.

I avoid Spectro at all cost. :shrug: I wouldn't be opposed to Dreamlights though.

I feel better now that I've voted.

Tigger1988

Actually this (or any Disney discussion board) is a very poor sample of the audience which visits Walt Disney World. The typical guest takes their vacation there - they don't hang out on a message board or get excited over new railings around the Epcot fountain.

No doubt there are a number of casual vacationers who don't know (or care) the difference between MSEP and Spectromagic. We can't understand such thinking, of course, which is just one example why we're a poor sample.

Exactly my point. Well said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom