Free Dining Rumor

New2WDW

:wave: ........:lookaroun ...........Why are we all waving?

I just noticed that the October calendar hours are up on the official Disney site if anyone needs to look them over.

:wave:

Rob562

This is almost as bad as waiting for my wife to give birth after 36 hours of labor. :lol: (At least there's no screaming and I'm not getting beat up.)

Just pray that Free Dining DOES come out... If it doesn't, I'm sure there *will* be some screaming and possibly a few injuries. :animwink:

-Rob

couchpotatooo

Hello all this has been a great site I have been keeping up with all the free dining chatter for about a month now. It sounds as if hre free dining plan is just around the corner and I heard some sasy that getting the times they want at the resturants could be tough so here's my question hope it's not dumb:hammer:Just wondering if I go ahead and make my reservations now for any of the resturants we hope to dine at will it automatically carry over to free dining if it happen or do I need to re-do my reservations???:brick:

Here's hoping free dining happens:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
if not we will go in October either way were going to WDW:):):):):)
thanks for your time! John

summerluvin

Hello all this has been a great site I have been keeping up with all the free dining chatter for about a month now. It sounds as if hre free dining plan is just around the corner and I heard some sasy that getting the times they want at the resturants could be tough so here's my question hope it's not dumb:hammer:Just wondering if I go ahead and make my reservations now for any of the resturants we hope to dine at will it automatically carry over to free dining if it happen or do I need to re-do my reservations???:brick:

Go ahead and make your dinning reservations and let them know you will add the dinning plan once you make your room reservations. I'm going in August and they did this for me.

MPitzen

Your reservations will 'carry over' so its best to do them asap. However, if you end up changing your time-frame if the dining doesn't come out or for any other reasons Please cancel those reservations you will not be using.

Rob562

Having the Dining Plan (free or otherwise) or no Dining Plan at all has no impact on you making Advanced Dining Reservations. Anyone can make ADRs.

The Dining Plan doesn't come into play with ADRs until you actually sit down in the restaurant, which is when you need to let your server know that you're on the Plan.

-Rob

MPitzen

Having the Dining Plan (free or otherwise) or no Dining Plan at all has no impact on you making Advanced Dining Reservations. Anyone can make ADRs.

The Dining Plan doesn't come into play with ADRs until you actually sit down in the restaurant, which is when you need to let your server know that you're on the Plan.

-Rob

Knowing that you have the DDP is important when making certain ADRs, like CRT or a fantasmic package or some of the other signature restraunts, which would require prepayment or credit card confirmation. Therefore, if you think you're going to be on the DDP and booking one of these then you can always say when you eat the meal (if not on the DDP after all) that you decided to just pay OOP instead of with the DDP. However, after already paying OOP you can't change your mind if you get the DDP.

Hope that made sense... it is kinda late!

bgraham34

The one thing i hate about the free dining plan is, that you cant get a reservation anywhere you want too because everyone takes up the dining slots.

Lucky

The one thing i hate about the free dining plan is, that you cant get a reservation anywhere you want too because everyone takes up the dining slots.
I made a few reservations yesterday for the rumored-free-dining-period and had no problems at all. But you're right it will get very difficult for anyone not knowing their plans months in advance.

figment1985

well duh......jump on the bandwagon make your reservations ahead of time and eat some free food... :shrug:

The only time I feel sorry for people (regarding dining) is when they dont know if they can go to Disney until like a month or two prior, then I can understand about not getting reservations.. that is kinda hard.

RedBaron

I have a question. I have never been to WDW for free dining and was wondering if I were to book my vacation that I am planning on taking in September now, (even though free dining has not been confirmed) would I still get free dining since I will be there during the right time, or do you have to book the trip after the free dining is announced and hope I can still get a room? I hope that makes sense?

Disneyfalcon

I have a question. I have never been to WDW for free dining and was wondering if I were to book my vacation that I am planning on taking in September now, (even though free dining has not been confirmed) would I still get free dining since I will be there during the right time, or do you have to book the trip after the free dining is announced and hope I can still get a room? I hope that makes sense?

RedBaron, you won't automatically get it. You'll need to change your reservations to the new package.

If you haven't booked yet, I wouldn't. It won't give you any advantage. In fact the more rooms a resort has booked, the less free dining packages Disney will release for that resort. Just be ready to go when it is announced.

Hope that makes sense.

Disneyfalcon

FYI Jim Hill is now saying free dining will be offered Aug 26-Sep 22 available for domestic bookings on April 12.

So it must be true!:D :D :lookaroun

RedBaron

RedBaron, you won't automatically get it. You'll need to change your reservations to the new package.

If you haven't booked yet, I wouldn't. It won't give you any advantage. In fact the more rooms a resort has booked, the less free dining packages Disney will release for that resort. Just be ready to go when it is announced.

Hope that makes sense.

It does make sense, thank you, I will be wating for the big announcement then.

One more question again since I have never done this plan before. Is it free dining at any restaurant in WDW, certain restaurants or just your resort?

jg167

Free dining promotion

A woman who is a Disney travel agent has told me that this will be available for Disney Visa cardholders starting April 6th and will be open for the general public on April 12th. It is already listed on their board so it looks like a done deal.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom