Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

I saw on another site that the Free Dining Plan is back for August 13 - September 30. Does anyone know if you can get this deal if you check in on the 30th? This deal might be our only chance to take a trip to the world this year! I hope so!

New2WDW

Original Poster
shannonpete32 said:
oops it is 9/22 to 10/1!!! Just 10 days and thinking of adding another day. what a type o. I must be day dreaming again, 1 month stay that would be nice!!! LOL I will let you all know what my travel agent says tmmorow. Thanks for the imput.

OK! I told my wife ya'll were staying a MONTH! It would be nice to stay a month but 10 days is still awesome! I am trying to work out the money to go down - the 29th is my b-day and it would be fun to go to the MNSSHP that night!

Another thread showed the park hours as well as MNSSHP dates!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

JMishy

Oh life is CRUEL! I'm due at the end of August. :cry: Neither August or September would work for me.

Y'all will have to have fun and enjoy the good (free) food for me! :(

Upvote 0

capellt

Dine for FREE

I found this same deal listed at Delta Vacations. But I can't seem to find it at Disney World's website? I tried setting up a date with the time/date listed below, but no luck. Is it listed on WDW website?

Dine for Free at Walt Disney World®

Plus, save an additional $100

Visit the Walt Disney World® Resort this summer and join the Happiest Celebration On Earth... for a magical price. Now when you book a Magic Your Way Package of three nights or longer, you'll receive complimentary dining per person, per night. The Free Dining offer includes: One (1) Table-Service Meal, One (1) Counter-Service Meal, and One (1) Snack per person, per day. That's a value of up to $240 per day for a family of four.

Plus, save an additional $100 on packages of five nights or longer when you book by 6/30/06 for travel 5/1 - 9/30/06. Be sure to enter promotion code: DISNEY$100 when making your reservation.

Book and Travel Dates:

Book: 4-4-2006 - 6-4-2006
Travel: 8-13-2006 - 9-30-2006

Conditions

A 3 night minimum hotel stay is required/10 night maximum. Packages must include Magic Your Way Tickets for any length of stay. Offer is not valid for stays at the Walt Disney Dolphin or Swan. Complimentary dining is valid for the length of the hotel stay. Average value of free dining is $40-$80 per adult/per day, and up to $40 per child/per day, and is not menu restrictive with exception to restaurants where children ages 3-9 must order from the child's menu. A detailed list of all Walt Disney World® restaurants will be available at the resort upon check-in. The $100 Off promotion is valid on new air-inclusive packages of 5 nights or longer and is limited to the first 50 trips booked. Offers are combinable; however, excludes Last Minute Deals. Promotion code must be entered at the time of booking.

Upvote 0

DME

You can call the Disney Reservation line 407-w-disney and book it. It's only open to Disney Visa Cardmember untill tomorrow the 4th. Then Disney will officially start advertising it in the newspapers, and on their website. When I called to book it last night, the cast member told me that ALL the calls she was taking were for this package.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

shannonpete32 said:
OOPs AAA has no problems with changing it. I think someone wanted to know.
No fees. MY agent says she would have called and given it to everyone of her clients anyway.She said it was scheduled for April 6th to be open to the public so disney must have changed it to the 4th andthe 1st for Disney Visa .

Yeah , called my agent today at AAA and she had no idea about it...so she called Disney and yes sure enough she said we lucked out again with the dining plan(we did last year as well) Its sad though thatI found out here first...I guess that's why there was also no ad in th esunday travel section for disney..usually they have one in there on sundays for the family of 4 deal at 1,500....guess i'll be making my reservations!!!!!Thank for the great info on the dining plan...you guys are great!!!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
This might be a slight thread drift but I have a question...

Since it seems that SOOOO many people are taking advantage of this offer I am thinking the parks are going to be busier than they normally are this time of year. Do you think there is any hope of the park hours being extended at all or even more EMHs added to accomodate the added guests? Earlier today on InterCot I saw that currently MK will be closing at 10p, AK 5p, MGM 8pm, and Epcot 9p during the times I will be there. I can understand maybe not keeping the parks open later but maybe atleast another EMH or two. What do you think the odds are? (I think I have a case of serious wishful thinking going on right now :lookaroun )

Upvote 0

NoNoNoNoNo

capellt said:
Average value of free dining is $40-$80 per adult/per day, and up to $40 per child/per day, and is not menu restrictive with exception to restaurants where children ages 3-9 must order from the child's menu.

kingdom konsultants/anybody know if this is true. my kids will eat plenty of macandcheese like the next kid, but one can only have so much over a 10 day trip. are they not allowed to order adult food if they want anymore. kids are 2/4 so they won't be eating a ton, but hot dogs and grilled cheese can only go so far! Especially over 20 meals!

Upvote 0

DME

My family did this last year and it really wasn't that much crowded. The place got crowded during the day but that's typical.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey all, Just a note to let you know that through out the day several agents of Kingdom Konsultant will be available for booking this package. Evan will be in earlier in the day and Pam and I will be available later in the evening. I hope that we get to book all of you to take advantage of this wonderful offer!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
DME said:
My family did this last year and it really wasn't that much crowded. The place got crowded during the day but that's typical.

I went last year during the first "wave" too and it wasn't very crowded. I had heard that the second "wave" was a lot more crowded and people weren't able to get Priority Seatings anymore though. I was just being hopeful. I hate when the parks close early. Atleast it won't be like when I went during Spring Break 2005...minimum of two hours to get on any ride. :hammer:

Upvote 0

imamouse

scorp111 said:
If this is really true, then I have a conundrum.........

Stick with the ressie I have with a discounted rate, or switch hotels, pay rack rate and eat like a pig!

Exactly! I'll take the discount and stick to my diet. It's waaaayyyyyy too much food - especially all of those deserts. UGH!

Upvote 0

AEfx

tiggerific418 said:
I went last year during the first "wave" too and it wasn't very crowded. I had heard that the second "wave" was a lot more crowded and people weren't able to get Priority Seatings anymore though. I was just being hopeful. I hate when the parks close early. Atleast it won't be like when I went during Spring Break 2005...minimum of two hours to get on any ride. :hammer:

It wasn't spring-break crowds last year, but free dining did increase SIGNIFIGANTLY virtually every sit-down restaurant in the park. We were there the last week of Sept/first week of Oct and the crowds had picked up a bit in the parks, but nothing compared to the dining.

For instance, at no less than five restaurants did while we were waiting on PS's did we overhear "we have nothing until after October 17th" or some other date two weeks or more out. At the others there were PS's available a day or so out, but walk-ups just weren't happening at anything but the most unpopular restaurants.

Free dining was amazing - nothing ever was so magical as a family of four sitting down at the castle for dinner, getting a $200+ meal for free, and it happening every night of the stay. The only caveat is that we spent a LOT of time sitting in restaurants - but as a vet it was very nice to get out of the crowds.

Just heed the advice of people like our dear Belle - make your PS's (ADR's?) ASAP. Even if you usually leave it to chance, even if you hate planning...if you are going on free dining, you'll find them essential. This is especially true for any character meal, any of the popular high-value meals (CRT, Le Cellier, etc.). You'll appriciate it when you hear those poor people who didn't make them get turned away.

AEfx

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there, Thanks AEfx, You are so right about the reservation thing. I usually do that for any sit down meals that I want on ANY of my trips. With the option of free dining, it becomes that much more important. Plaaces like Le Cellier or the 50's Prime Time are very difficult if not impossible to get into without a reservation. Belle

Upvote 0

NoNoNoNoNo

dixiegirl said:
Yeah , called my agent today at AAA and she had no idea about it...so she called Disney and yes sure enough she said we lucked out again with the dining plan(we did last year as well) Its sad though thatI found out here first...I guess that's why there was also no ad in th esunday travel section for disney..usually they have one in there on sundays for the family of 4 deal at 1,500....guess i'll be making my reservations!!!!!Thank for the great info on the dining plan...you guys are great!!!

so i'm not the only one that checks every week!

Upvote 0

RN2003AZ

Just to let you know...

Hi all. Just to let you know how this is working. I had a trip planned for Aug 31-Sept 4 through AAA that I booked in January. After hearing about the free dining I called them yesterday to see if she could switch it for me and since we were saving money upgrade us from CBR to AKL. The switch isn't a problem but you don't get the AAA promotional rates and the free dining combined. It's either one or the other. It was very easy to change but I was initially under the impression that the AAA discount was also in effect with this. It's only costing me $57 more than what I was originally paying for the hotel difference which isn't a problem but I was expecting alot less. :rolleyes: Oh well, now I get a better hotel and still technically get free food!

Upvote 0

DME

RN2003AZ said:
Hi all. Just to let you know how this is working. I had a trip planned for Aug 31-Sept 4 through AAA that I booked in January. After hearing about the free dining I called them yesterday to see if she could switch it for me and since we were saving money upgrade us from CBR to AKL. The switch isn't a problem but you don't get the AAA promotional rates and the free dining combined. It's either one or the other. It was very easy to change but I was initially under the impression that the AAA discount was also in effect with this. It's only costing me $57 more than what I was originally paying for the hotel difference which isn't a problem but I was expecting alot less. :rolleyes: Oh well, now I get a better hotel and still technically get free food!

What hotel are you staying at?

I'm going for a week in September and I booked it through WDW directly. We're staying at Pop Century. Would either AAA or Kingdom Konsultants give a better rate or perhaps a better hotel for the same price that also includes free dining? I can't imagine how anyone could get a better price than going direct. Am I wrong?

Upvote 0

RN2003AZ

We're now at AKL. When I initially booked in Jan my AAA rate for the MYW package with dining was better than Disney direct by about $200. Now in order to get the free dining, I still went through AAA but was unable to combine both promotions (AAA rate w/ free dining). So now technically I'm paying for AKL w/ MYW PH through Disney itself and getting the dining for free. Kingdom Konsultants may be able to do something different than AAA, but I'm not sure. If this is sounding confusing feel free to email me at RN2003AZ@aol.com and I'll try to explain it a little better. :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Kingdom Konsultants book all of our Disney packages directly through Disney. We have found that going directly through Disney is the best, most effective way to insure our clients get the best service and plans available. Some travel wholesalers that I have heard about DONT include every item that can be included such as DME, MYW Dining plans etc regardless of if they were free or not!!! It doesnt make any sense to gamble on our client's happiness!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom