Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

I saw on another site that the Free Dining Plan is back for August 13 - September 30. Does anyone know if you can get this deal if you check in on the 30th? This deal might be our only chance to take a trip to the world this year! I hope so!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
WOW...we have been busy haven't we. Evan I sent something your way.

I am just now winding down a little. I haven't been on the forums in a while, but I must say things are really jumping now with this new deal. I have a lot of people booking for the last couple of days of Sept. into Oct. I think it may be busy for those of you who have not yet decided when to go.
New2WDW do you hear me? LOL

Please feel free to contact one of our travel Konsultants for this special deal and please don't forget we book for all travel destinations.

Pam

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Kingdom Konsultant said:

I am just now winding down a little. I haven't been on the forums in a while, but I must say things are really jumping now with this new deal. I have a lot of people booking for the last couple of days of Sept. into Oct. I think it may be busy for those of you who have not yet decided when to go.

Please feel free to contact one of our travel Konsultants for this special deal and please don't forget we book for all travel destinations.

Pam

All taken care of Pam. Thanks!

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Kingdom Konsultant said:

Pam

I hear you! Belle had been answering my questions and I emailed her my info! Is she working or do I need to email you as well!

New2

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
It does not matter to me, you helped me so much last year and I can never thank you enough and then with Belle answering questions for me this morning (you know I like to ask questions) I just sent her my info. If I need to go with proximity I could use Evan - he's in ATL right? Anyway, I just went with Belle as she was there.

Thanks to all at KK! If you need another consultant I have about 10 minutes between jobs to help!!!:lol: What does one have to do to become a honorary KK member!:lol:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

New2WDW said:
It does not matter to me, you helped me so much last year and I can never thank you enough and then with Belle answering questions for me this morning (you know I like to ask questions) I just sent her my info. If I need to go with proximity I could use Evan - he's in ATL right? Anyway, I just went with Belle as she was there.

Thanks to all at KK! If you need another consultant I have about 10 minutes between jobs to help!!!:lol: What does one have to do to become a honorary KK member!:lol:

Nope I'm in NJ as well.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Hey while you guys are on - another question - imagine that! Can the Priority seatings be made for first week of October yet? It used to be 90 days out but I was thinking I saw expansion to that.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Priority seatings can be made up to 180 days in advance from the first date you wish to reserve for. then because you are staying on property you get an additional 10 days ( the length of your vacation) that you can do all your ressies for at that time. So for example say the first day of your trip is 9/20/06, you can make the first of your ressies for 9/20/06 on 3/24/06. You can also make the remainder of your reservations for up to 9/30/06 on the same date!!!! Did that make sense?? Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

queenie0888 said:
I spoke with Belle last night, gave her my info and while I was off working today she made my reservations for. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

This was a great help. There was no way I would have been able to take care of the reservations until after I got home from work (actually later tonight because of my kids activities) but here I am with a reservation at POP Century for 9/1-9/6 with free dining. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

THANK YOU BELLE!!!!!!
:eek: You are so very welcome!!! Belle

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
Priority seatings can be made up to 180 days in advance from the first date you wish to reserve for. then because you are staying on property you get an additional 10 days ( the length of your vacation) that you can do all your ressies for at that time. So for example say the first day of your trip is 9/20/06, you can make the first of your ressies for 9/20/06 on 3/24/06. You can also make the remainder of your reservations for up to 9/30/06 on the same date!!!! Did that make sense?? Belle

Yeah! Thanks, so I can do my reservation now. Belle did you get my email info to start my planning????

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

Been there, Done that, going back again!

I just sent Pam the OK to book us for POP for 5 nights, but we can't take the kids out of school, so we're going to find out what August is like.
Ah, we'll be in Disney. We'll manage somehow.
Oh yeah, we'll be able to not blink at a soda or water, or Mickey Ice Cream bar. Woo Hoo!!!!
We do like rain,though. Here's hoping there is enough to cool us Northerners off.
Again, the free dining plan tipped the scale.
Again, we're not telling the kids until right before we go.
Last time we told them less than 24 hrs. before, since they had school.
This time, I wonder how long we can keep it? Minutes?

Upvote 0
Oh man this special is sooo tempting. I have been talking to Belle as well about a trip in December. Talked to the wife but she is set on the first week of December. Hopefully they will have something special at that time. Talk to you soon Belle:wave:

Upvote 0

AEfx

wannabeBelle said:
Hey there, Thanks AEfx, You are so right about the reservation thing. I usually do that for any sit down meals that I want on ANY of my trips. With the option of free dining, it becomes that much more important. Plaaces like Le Cellier or the 50's Prime Time are very difficult if not impossible to get into without a reservation. Belle

I'm big on reservations myself - I like to have one set for each day. That doesn't mean I don't change them on property to suit changing needs, but it feels good to know "for sure" I can get into my favorites no matter what.

I think it's important to stress this during free dining, though, to those people who are used to just playing it by ear. By all means, be as relaxed about the situation as you can - but just don't forget that the amount of people eating at sit-down restaurants is going to be exponentially increased, and most of those people aren't used to doing a sit-down each day, either.

Many people see planning as a chore that takes away from spontineity, but in the case of free dining just a little planning (that isn't set in stone) will really save some headaches. I've also found it easier to change reservations than make them; for example, if you have a 6:30 at Le Cellier and it's 4PM and you are still in the AK, it's easier to call WDW-DINE and get it changed to 8:30 than to just cold call for the same times.

I was debating on an extra trip in September, and free dining has done me in again...just too much fun to resist!

AEfx

Upvote 0

AEfx

RN2003AZ said:
Hi all. Just to let you know how this is working. I had a trip planned for Aug 31-Sept 4 through AAA that I booked in January. After hearing about the free dining I called them yesterday to see if she could switch it for me and since we were saving money upgrade us from CBR to AKL. The switch isn't a problem but you don't get the AAA promotional rates and the free dining combined. It's either one or the other. It was very easy to change but I was initially under the impression that the AAA discount was also in effect with this. It's only costing me $57 more than what I was originally paying for the hotel difference which isn't a problem but I was expecting alot less. :rolleyes: Oh well, now I get a better hotel and still technically get free food!

I think you'll find it worth it. We had a similar situation last year - we had to loose about $150 in room discounts in order to get free dining. After adding up all the reciepts for a week's worth of meals, we got about $1200 worth of free food, with a net of $1050.

Even if you take away the extras we wouldn't have normally gotten (we certainly wouldn't have gotten a dessert and appetizer every meal; for just about every fast food meal we gave the desserts to other families in line), we still came out with about $750 of totally free food we would have paid for (for a family of 4).

It really is too much fun to get a bill of over $200 and see it paid in full...for free. Felt like a celebrity for a week, LOL. Was a real treat to see my mom order filet mingon or prime rib every night and not even have to look at the prices.

AEfx

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I so wish that could work for me but I am only planning on doing 3 or 4 nights this time around and i am hoping for an AP discount at WL in Sept or Oct.

Upvote 0

DME

bgraham34 said:
I so wish that could work for me but I am only planning on doing 3 or 4 nights this time around and i am hoping for an AP discount at WL in Sept or Oct.

This comment got me thinking...I go to WDW every year. Stay on property for a week and I end up buying a package that includes park tickets. If I buy an annual pass, I'll only still go once a year but at long as I go before the 365 days are up, I suppose that'll save me money. Now my question is.

1. As an AP holder, would I still be able to enjoy free dining if I don't order park tickets?

2. What kind of discounts do AP holders receive on things. Is it good enough that I could actually afford a more expensive hotel other than what I can usually afford at Pop Century?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom