Floridians: Go see DL, Boycott WDW

DubyooDeeDubyoo

DL:
diamond_horseshoe.jpg

This is from WDW. Look at the filename.

Geez, you probably just used up half of my ISP's bandwith cap for the month by embedding 500 postcard-ready pictures like this in your posts. I get it already!

Who wants to sit for hours in front of that ugly amphitheatre? Only in WDW The overall experience is better at DL.

You want to know where WDW F! is better than DL F! ???

Beer.

Attractions have to close in order to repair them and fix them up, something that MK needs to do with SM and HM!

You clearly have never been on Space Mountain at WDW. Yes, it's rough. However, it is not Matterhorn rough. As much as I love the Matterhorn, it's in it's own ZIP code when it comes to a rough ride, and it feels like a spinal cord dislodger compared to Space East.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Um....James...I'll give you DL > MK and DL > Studios...but...Epcot and AK are better than DL...

:lookaroun

(this is sooo silly..yet fun) :lol:

Okay okay...where does Universal fall in all of this...:p

No way :p

Universal?

USF < DL
USF > DCA
USF > MK
USF > Epcot
USF > MGM
USF > DAK
USF > IOA

IOA < DL
IOA > DCA
IOA > MK
IOA < Epcot
IOA > MGM
IOA > DAK
IOA < USF

:lookaroun :D

While I'm at it....

DCA < DL
DCA < MK
DCA < Epcot
DCA > MGM
DCA < DAK
DCA < USF
DCA < IOA

MK < DL
MK > DCA
MK < Epcot
MK > MGM
MK < DAK
MK < USF
MK < IOA

Epcot < DL
Epcot > DCA
Epcot > MK
Epcot > MGM
Epcot > DAK
Epcot < USF
Epcot > IOA

MGM < DL
MGM < DCA
MGM < MK
MGM < Epcot
MGM < DAK
MGM < USF
MGM < IOA

DAK < DL
DAK > DCA
DAK > MK
DAK < Epcot
DAK > MGM
DAK < USF
DAK < IOA

1. Disneyland
2. Universal Studios Florida
3. Epcot
4. Islands of Adventure
5. Disney's Animal Kingdom
6. Magic Kingdom
7. Disney's California Adventure
8. Disney-MGM Studios

:lookaroun

TP2000

Ill be able to put my 2 cents in here soon.

IM GOING TO DISNEYLAND IN 3 DAYS

I bet you'll have a blast. And you get to see Disneyland in all it's Christmas splendor. Don't miss Haunted Mansion Holiday, Small World Holiday at night (and see the Clock Of The World go off every 15 minutes and then the nifty Christmas digital projection show done on the facade), Santa's Reindeer Roundup with live reindeer and the Presidential Pardoned Turkey, the Holiday Believe fireworks from Main Street with the snow, Christmas Fantasy Parade, etc.

There is currently quite a thread going on with one of the Disneyland boards in regards to the Christmas decorations at WDW vs. the Christmas decorations at Disneyland. I do have to say that from the pictures I've seen of WDW, especially the Magic Kingdom, the WDW Christmas decorations look like a K-Mart Blue Light Special blew up over Orlando. Disneyland looks its best and most lush at Christmas, but some of the weaknesses of WDW rear their ugly heads the most at Christmas.

TP2000

WDW is as clean, well-maintained, and pleasing as it's West coast counterpart.

WDW vs. Disneyland: Clean, yes. Pleasing, yes. Well-maintained, I'd have to disagree with you.

After the experiences I had on my last trip to WDW on most of the classic E Ticket attractions, plus many of the smaller rides, I am convinced that maintenance at WDW is not as good as at Disneyland. Animatronics at WDW creak and rattle through their routines, where at Disneyland they still glide and swoop and do the routines they were designed to do in the 1970's and 80's. Some of the animatronics in the Haunted Mansion barely moved at all. And many effects were inoperative or just sort of jiggled around. The Fantasyland dark rides at WDW were pathetically maintained; Peter Pan was particularly embarassing compared to the firber optic wonder at Disneyland. The Jungle Cruise was like an outdoor wax museum, where at Disneyland it has all sorts of new tricks added to the classic animatronics.

Nevermind the fact that WDW hasn't kept up with the 21st century additions and changes Disneyland has made in the last five years. The special effects WDW has are not only stuck in the 1970's, but they are poorly maintained 1970's effects at that.

It was the poor maintenance I noticed most at WDW. And again, it was most alarming at the Magic Kingdom. Probably because those were mainly rides we have here at Disneyland and the direct comparisons to the Anaheim versions were rarely flattering for the Orlando versions. :eek:

TP2000

I honestly think MK's Pooh is better. And I think MK had a better Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (which is still at DL!). But other than that, every single ride experience in DL is better than MK.

I agree with you, except for Splash Mountain. I've always felt WDW's Magic Kingdom has a better Splash Mountain. The logs in MK go slower past the scenes and the audio tells the story better. I honestly had no idea there was a plotline to Splash Mountain until I went to WDW. Disneyland's Splash Mountain has a lot more animatronics, and they are better maintained and fresher looking, but the set design and art direction at MK is better than Disneyland's Splash Mountain. At Disneyland's Splash Mountain there's a hundred animatronics singing and flailing and occasionally you can make out something about a "Laughing Place", and then you go down a big drop and get wet. Wee! At WDW's Splash Mountain there' fifty animatronics singing and not moving as well but clearly speaking lines that tell a cute story about Brer Rabbit escaping from Brer Fox and Brer Bear in the briar patch and finding his Laughing Place, and then you go down a big drop and get wet. Wee!

However, the best Splash Mountain ever is at Tokyo. The sets and storyline in Tokyo was even more coherent than Florida. Disneyland's Splash opened in '89. WDW's opened in like '92? And Tokyo opened in '95. Now that I've ridden all three, you can tell that with each version WDI refined their artistic ability to tell a story via a log flume ride.

Stitch69

Maybe we all should BOYCOTT Disneyland until they get some friendly/informed cast members, a castle bigger than a breadbox, something over the top of the lame teacups, a small world inside that is cleaned up( outside looks great- inside not so good!!!!) and how about a storyline at the DL Splash MT and get a second park that is better than a six flags( yes iam taking about DCA).

sponono88

Maybe we all should BOYCOTT Disneyland until they get some friendly/informed cast members, a castle bigger than a breadbox, something over the top of the lame teacups, a small world inside that is cleaned up( outside looks great- inside not so good!!!!) and how about a storyline at the DL Splash MT and get a second park that is better than a six flags( yes iam taking about DCA).

:snore:

joanna71985

How about we stop bashing DL and WDW? They are both great parks. And they both have things they need to work on. Just like anything in life, they are not perfect and will always have things to improve on.

DDuckFan130

I went to DL once when I was 2. I'm dying to go back. In the meantime, I enjoy my multiple trips to WDW and continue to go back.

What's with the pompous attitude people? Why can't we just like what we like and respect everyone else's opinions? It's really not a big deal which park is better. It's nice all these resorts have their faithful fans...but sheesh! :lol: The whole "this is better! That is better!" is immature and middle school to me...and I know middle schoolers because I deal with them on a daily basis. Let's take a deep breath and move on.

I'm done :wave: :wave: :wave:

PencilTest

Even though the DCA "Magic of Animation" building is indeed pretty on the inside and outside, the actual content is nothing compared to what the fully functional MGM studio was. Granted, it's kind of a moot point now, since the studio's been closed and turned into the same "basic crumbs" tour as DCA (worst friggin' decision ever, in my opinion). Nevertheless, the DCA tour will never, ever be what the MGM studio was: a real, honest-to-goodness animation facility, and one of the best things about the WDW complex.
This is just the entrance to the gift shop. You should've seen the inside (not the tour part, the actual inside) of this place. Four stories of amazing artwork, sculptures, and talent.

TP2000

Maybe we all should BOYCOTT Disneyland until they get... something over the top of the lame teacups,...

Why would the teacups need a cover? It rains about 20 days out of the entire year in Anaheim. Orange County is a Coastal Desert climate, which means very little rain, very little humidity, and no real reason to put a roof over the teacups.

I'm pretty sure that was a design decision as well, since the Teacups were moved from their original 1955 location to their current location in 1983. As part of the big New Fantasyland project they went to quite a bit of expense to move and rebuild and retheme the Teacups. And they chose to keep them uncovered.

dxwwf3

I haven't had the chance to visit Disneyland yet, but that will change this June. I'm EXTREMELY excited to visit both parks.

With that said, I think Disneyland has had a step up in quality as of late. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like they have learned from their past mistakes and the future is very bright there. And I think Disney deserves to be compensated for making things better and stepping things up. It is just one of the reasons that we are heading out there this summer.

I also think that if you feel that WDW isn't getting the same amount of attention, that it is important to let Disney know how you feel about that. And if that means you spend more time in California, then I applaud you. Personally, I don't know if things could ever get bad enough at WDW for ME to stop going there. Actually on the whole, I think things at WDW have taken a turn for the better. The Land changeover took me completely by surprise. EE blew me away and the new Nemo show at AK shows more creativity than we've seen in a long time. Imagine a theme park attraction getting new songs written JUST FOR THE SHOW :lol:. Seriously, I've been behind Disney all the way on that show and I hope it continues its great popularity. And it also looks to me like the Nemo takeover at TLS was very tastefully done and I can't wait to see it.

I expect to like Disneyland more than any WDW park except Epcot and I hope that I enjoy DCA more than the typical Disney fan. I hope see DLR do some things right that I feel WDW does wrong and I also think I'll appreicate parts of WDW more after the trip as well.

mharrington

Why would the teacups need a cover? It rains about 20 days out of the entire year in Anaheim. Orange County is a Coastal Desert climate, which means very little rain, very little humidity, and no real reason to put a roof over the teacups.

I'm pretty sure that was a design decision as well, since the Teacups were moved from their original 1955 location to their current location in 1983. As part of the big New Fantasyland project they went to quite a bit of expense to move and rebuild and retheme the Teacups. And they chose to keep them uncovered.

Where the covers are concerned, granted, it certainly rains a lot less in CA than in FL, but better safe than sorry.

And then there's the Dumbo ride: in both parks, they're pretty much identical, but Disneyland has four things WDW does not: Timothy Mouse now has the original whip instead of the feather, the surrounding area in CA has some theming, like the circus calliope, the hot air balloon Timothy stands on has rainbow stripes instead of red and white stripes and last but not least, CA has fountains at the base of the structure instead of a simple concrete floor.

Jose Eber

Disneyland is great, DLP is great, WDW is great.

Everything has its pros and cons. Some people hate MK @ WDW because its so big, some people like it because its so big.

Just got back from D-Land -- its nice for what it is.

Its sometimes unfair to compare. ™

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom