Floridians: Go see DL, Boycott WDW

PigletIsMyCat

Why would the teacups need a cover? It rains about 20 days out of the entire year in Anaheim. Orange County is a Coastal Desert climate, which means very little rain, very little humidity, and no real reason to put a roof over the teacups.

Yes, but the sun can be brutal. I remember riding it and barely being able to keep my eyes open enough to enjoy the spinning. It would have been a nice thing for the guests to keep the sun at bay. And, it actually can rain a bit during their rainy season - December to about March. The 'average' number of rainy days in the Anaheim area is more like 35.

dxwwf3

8 rides, 2 3-D films, 4 shows, great theming > 5 rides, 1 3-D film, 6 shows, lame theming with backdrops

:lookaroun ;) :cool: :p :lol: :wave:

Tower of Terror & Rock N Roller Coaster > ANYTHING at USF

Shrek and T2 are the highlights of USF, IMO. ROTM was a huge disappointment in my eyes and I think MIB is good, not great. And Jaws as well as Earthquake are two of the worst rides I've ever experienced. I would put USF as the worst of the 6 WDW/UO parks, especially with BTTF about to go away. The theming is underrated there though.

mharrington

Yes, but the sun can be brutal. I remember riding it and barely being able to keep my eyes open enough to enjoy the spinning. It would have been a nice thing for the guests to keep the sun at bay. And, it actually can rain a bit during their rainy season - December to about March. The 'average' number of rainy days in the Anaheim area is more like 35.

When it gets hot, the canopy roof can provide shade. So you see, the roof can be used for other things besides just protection from rain.

mharrington

8 rides, 2 3-D films, 4 shows, great theming > 5 rides, 1 3-D film, 6 shows, lame theming with backdrops

:lookaroun ;) :cool: :p :lol: :wave:

I think we should stop trying to send the parks to war against each other. Which is which anyway? :veryconfu It's like the Civil War. California sided with the Union and Florida with the Confederacy.

1FoolishMortal

If you are boycotting WDW- Why don't you boycott this site too? You know this site is for people who love WDW>you can go to DLRMAGIC- oh wait- there isn't one!?!:hammer:

Actually, there's MouseInfo, LaughingPlace, and MouseTimes to name a few. :)

TDR > any other Disney resort

There, I said it. Happy? :sohappy:

Also, to dispel some false information, Disneyland was not completely refurbished directly because of the 50th. Previous DL management (Pressler & Harris) neglected to maintain the park during their reign. When new management took over (Ouimet), he saw the terrible state the park was in and immediately pulled out the stops to ensure the park was back to its prime by the time the 50th rolled around.

Another thing: DCA isn't hated by Southern Californians. Its attendance has been steadily on the rise since 2002. It's certainly a beautiful park that's been slammed by bad media in the past. How many here have actually been to DCA? If you have, raise your hands. :wave:

Didn't WDW already have its 50th? I thought you guys were celebrating it for the last year-and-a-half. Or is it a million years old now? I'm confused. :brick:

davewasbaloo

"Another thing: DCA isn't hated by Southern Californians. Its attendance has been steadily on the rise since 2002. It's certainly a beautiful park that's been slammed by bad media in the past. How many here have actually been to DCA? If you have, raise your hands. :wave:"

I love DCA, and I do think DL is better than the MK, and DCA is better than MGM. But due to Epcot, DAK and the Deluxe Hotels, I still visit WDW.

Stitch69

Both WDW & DLR are awazing!!!There are great things I love about both parks and plan on visiting both of them in 2007! If anyone wants to boycott- go ahead- you are just missing out. :sohappy:

Shaman

Another thing: DCA isn't hated by Southern Californians. Its attendance has been steadily on the rise since 2002. It's certainly a beautiful park that's been slammed by bad media in the past. How many here have actually been to DCA? If you have, raise your hands. :wave:

I spent more time there than at DL when I went in 03....:lookaroun

mouselvrmom

We also plan on visiting both WDW and DL in 2007. It is really silly to pick apart things that are better or worse in each park. They are both really great places to visit (I too actually liked DCA- it was great for the kids) filled with magic to be had. I feel like I am home when I am at WDW probably just because I have been there more times, but they both have pros and cons, there is no reason to get all worked up about which is better.:)

pluto77

I don't plan on boycotting ANY Disney park. I've only been to WDW, and that probably will be the only park I'll go to for awhile, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to go to any of the others.

dreamscometrue

Bottom line is that all Disney parks are the best parks on the planet. They have a unique appeal, history and atmosphere that simply cannot be duplicated. Those of us who even debate this are the superfans..the fraction of 1% of annual visitors. We are NOT the norm. Debating which park is better (or best) is not so much Coke vs. Pepsi as Coke in California vs Coke in Florida vs. Coke in Paris...you get the idea.

I wonder what Walt would think after reading all these posts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom