Floridians: Go see DL, Boycott WDW

Enderikari

DL -

Worried about the gun fire on Main Street that rings out every 15 seconds... Until you realize it is only the Jungle Cruise...

WDW -
People not d__________g and covering for their lives

sponono88

Not sure if I am the only one since I did not read all the other posts, but after going to WDW for years, my hubby and I were in LA for a day and went to DL for the first time. Major and I mean major disappointment. Yeah Space Mountain was pretty cool and so was Pirates. But that is about all the nice things I can say about the place. Yeah there are things I wish could be changed or rehabbed at WDW, but not enough to boycott. In fact, we are going again in September next year and it is all I can think about :) One thing I love about WDW is that you have so much encompassed with 4 parks and water parks and resorts and restaurants and activities. Just not the case in the DL area. Fine for some people, but just not for us. Overall, I am more than happy with my WDW now that I have seen DL.

One less person in line for Space Mountain! :p

sponono88

DL -

Worried about the gun fire on Main Street that rings out every 15 seconds... Until you realize it is only the Jungle Cruise...

WDW -
People not d__________g and covering for their lives

Again: Huh?? How does that make WDW better? :lol: You can't even hear the gunshot on Main Street! Seriously. The only place you can hear it is when you're riding on the train... The gunshot improves the overall Jungle Cruise experience :wave:

sponono88

Fun? Its fun to cram sitting Indian Style in taped-off sections for over an hour? Sounds like fun to me...

You don't have to sit Indian-Style. and yes it is fun :wave: There's a live band playing on the river as a preshow, you can buy dinner and eat it while you're waiting, you can meet new people around you..etc. It's actually very fun! Almost like a picnic. Without an ugly amphitheater and a fixed stage! That's not very magical. At DL, the island comes alive! :wave:

Enderikari

Again: Huh?? How does that make WDW better? :lol: You can't even hear the gunshot on Main Street! Seriously. The only place you can hear it is when you're riding on the train... The gunshot improves the overall Jungle Cruise experience :wave:

Sorry pal, every day of my Disneyland visit, all the way to the entrance of DL-The first 50 magical years... You could quite plainly hear gun fire, and several times I heard guests asking what the heck it is...

Lets agree to disagree here, I like Disneyland, the rides are usually better (DL's Splash Mountain is atrocious), but the space is inherently more compressed... DL has no concept of efficiency at all, which leads to me grinding my teeth. Astro Orbitor is IN THE Castle Forecourt, and at every food location it takes forever to get your food... But it is a gorgeous park. walt's apartment is nifty, especially his old shower and sandwich maker.. Club 33 is neat too, but so is the Living Seas Corporate Lounge (hello acrylic piano)

You want to win me over at DL, speed up the lines at the Churro cart, because baking them at each cart is GENIUS, but the lines move aggravatingly slow. Which is kind of a microcosm for the whole Disneyland experience.

sponono88

Right, as I tell folks.... Walt had Disneyland, but he was always dissatisfied with it, he swore to do it better next time...

:) :wave:

I guess you could say that. But Walt's been dead for decades now.. and now his 'park' (he wasn't even there to see it in person) is deteriorating. It has become a cheesy tourist trap :slurp: and Disneyland has blossomed into his ideal park. It's clean, well-maintained, and it pleases its guests. Case closed :wave:

sponono88

DLR:
28820751-S.jpg
Animation26236.jpg
projections1.jpg
lamps1.jpg

animation_building1_michael.jpg

WDW:

m_anima.jpg

I am liking everyones sides to this topic, but I have a seriously probably grasping the fact that some people dislike DL, when I truly do not get how you can not like something that started it all??? I was just there this summer for the first time celebrating my 21st birthday. And i have been to WDW over 20 times and I plan on working there one day. And yea some things worse in DL, but something were better, but I was standing in place where WALT DISNEY ACTUALLY WALKED. That feeling I got seeing the castle the first time walking down mainstreet, or seeing the light in his apartment still on after all these years brought tears to my eyes. And that alone will always mean more to me than anything attraction wise that WDW could add. Both places hold a special place in my heart and it is wrong to try and pick between the two.

Enderikari

I guess you could say that. But Walt's been dead for decades now.. and now his 'park' (he wasn't even there to see it in person) is deteriorating. It has become a cheesy tourist trap :slurp: and Disneyland has blossomed into his ideal park. It's clean, well-maintained, and it pleases its guests. Case closed :wave:

Let's have this conversation in the Way-Back Machine set to about 4 years ago, shall we?

sponono88

I am liking everyones sides to this topic, but I have a seriously probably grasping the fact that some people dislike DL, when I truly do not get how you can not like something that started it all??? I was just there this summer for the first time celebrating my 21st birthday. And i have been to WDW over 20 times and I plan on working there one day. And yea some things worse in DL, but something were better, but I was standing in place where WALT DISNEY ACTUALLY WALKED. That feeling I got seeing the castle the first time walking down mainstreet, or seeing the light in his apartment still on after all these years brought tears to my eyes. And that alone will always mean more to me than anything attraction wise that WDW could add. Both places hold a special place in my heart and it is wrong to try and pick between the two.

THANK YOU! DL is special because Walt Disney was there himself. WDW is amazing too, but lately it has been going downhill and that's what we're trying to point out here. There is room for improvement! The problem is people keep coming, even if the place is falling apart. All WDW needs is some tlc :wave:

THANK YOU! DL is special because Walt Disney was there himself. WDW is amazing too, but lately it has been going downhill and that's what we're trying to point out here. There is room for improvement! The problem is people keep coming, even if the place is falling apart. All WDW needs is some tlc :wave:

Your welcome!!!:wave:

sponono88

Let's have this conversation in the Way-Back Machine set to about 4 years ago, shall we?

I don't have a Wayback machine sorry. We're living in the present :wave: In the words of Rafiki, you can either run from the past or learn from it. Disneyland learned from it and improved. WDW will, sadly, never learn :lol:

maggiegrace1

WDW will, sadly, never learn :lol:
How do you know that?
You said Disneyland did..well what about the people who said it was rundown and turning into a six flags and would never be great again?
Apparently they were wrong so never say never..no one knows for sure what will or will not happen.

Enderikari

I don't have a Wayback machine sorry. We're living in the present :wave: In the words of Rafiki, you can either run from the past or learn from it. Disneyland learned from it and improved. WDW will, sadly, never learn :lol:

Never learn? really? is that what they are teaching in middle schools these days? And WDW is steadily declining? Utter foolishness. I will spend my time where I can be immersed in a Fantasy world and enjoy everything around me, as opposed to Disneyland where I can see IHOP from the Tarzan Treehouse. Where the Matterhorn is visible from the Marriott. Where you can find magic amongst the 30,000 other folks crammed into an area like sardines, to the point where you need Crisco and a shoehorn to get from Haunted Mansion to Pirates of the Caribbean. They improved the look, they freshened up some attractions, they attracted a few thousand more guests and NOBODY KNEW HOW TO HANDLE A FEW THOUSAND MORE GUESTS. The Magic shop holds 4 people safely, but they will consistently have hundreds, during a night with Fantasmic in the middle of September, you can't approach New Orleans Square, why? Oh, they don't have fireworks every night, do they? Fantasmic? Catch it Friday, you won't see it again.
Walked in the footsteps of Walt, indeed. No saint has ever been canonized more than that man, but he was a mere bumblebee who knew how to hire the right people. He would pollinate ideas, but never create any of his own, even Mickey Mouse is a direct rip-off of Oswald, who was primarily created by Ub. I respect the man for letting others work, and I do have to admit I choked up a bit inside his apartment. But I don't fool myself when I know the history. Disneyland is great, Walt Disney World is great, but to say that DL is whole heartedely better is a slap in the face to the hundreds of thousands of CM's and former CM's like myself who literally killed themselves each and every day to bring the magic to the millions of guests that visited WDW, which, for a long period of time, was the only Disney-owned, profitting theme park... Meaning DL would have went bankrupt years ago if it wasn't for WDW.

sponono88

How do you know that?
You said Disneyland did..well what about the people who said it was rundown and turning into a six flags and would never be great again?
Apparently they were wrong so never say never..no one knows for sure what will or will not happen.

Because WDW has grown too big for its own good! Too many parks, too many things to take care of.. And because tourists will come no matter what the parks look like :wave: if the rides are broken, they can always go spend the day at the golf course :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom