Five Year Plan

EPCOT Explorer

As for pyro shows, I still think something will eventually come to Animal Kingdom. All that garbage about pyro scaring the animals is just that...garbage. Ever seen a thunderstorm in Orlando in August? Quite a bit scarier than something with Fantasmic-style pyro.

There have also been grumblings of a Universe of Energy update over the next several years--though with Ellen now at the height of her career, maybe that can stand to wait a bit longer. I would also imagine that if Disney is going to continue with the Narnia franchise (I believe The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been announced for 2010?), there will eventually be more for it in the parks than an unimpressive set walkthrough.
\

I've always wanted for AK to have SOME sort of show...Fantasmic style would do them well.

I wonder if Ellen would opt to do a refurb based off of her show.That would be cool...

Enigma

Account Suspended
The flaws in the RCS software were removed for Tokyos JTTCOTE (thanks, OLC!)

Actually from what I heard the flaws remained even in JTTCOTE and the ride always needs long refurb periods to address this problem. OLC was not happy about it. I heard this from a guy who works in Imagineering at Laughingplace.

jt04

The Backlot Tour WAS cool, but now it's just a fraction of what it was. If the large area it takes up can be used well, then I will be more than happy to let it go.
And, as much as I love SpectroMagic, it's time for it to be replaced with something newer.

And just think, if AK added JItCotE, it might just become a full-day park to EVERYONE! :eek: Though I don't see how Beastly Kingdom can come if F.o.t. Lion King those character meeting places remain as popular as they are. But AK is full of empty space so who knows what they can do...:lookaroun

I was just on another website (allearsnet) and saw how the Jungle Cruise was adapted to the "Rivers of America" at Disneyland Hong Kong. I must say it really looks impressive. I would love to see Animal Kingdom adapt (plus) the classic Disney attraction to their "rivers" and remove it from the MK. Then FotLK could be moved to Adventureland. FotLK is in Adventureland in Disneyland Honk Kong and looks GREAT and a similar adaptation would work very well in the MK. Plus there would still be plenty of room for other attractions (Indiana Jones perhaps). Finally by removing FotLK from CMM it would clear the way for the reimagined BK or some other new concept.

Just dreaming......

crowdcontroltap

Im a former Cast Member and I keep in touch with alot of people who still work there and it seems that alot of things that are listed are being changed or undergoing rehab are true. Disney World has changed alot over the years since my first trip in 1983 to my last trip last year. My family and I won a trip to the opening of the Disney MGM Studio and to be on T.V. with a local stations morning show that was set up in front of the Chinease Theater. We were the first family to walk down Hollywood Boulevard and to ride the Backlot Tour and although I would hate to see the tour go I know sometimes change brings better things. I miss Residential Street and some of the original walking tour when there were TV Shows or Movies still being filmed there. Originally the MGM (Hollywood) Studios was supposed to be an attraction at EPCOT but they got so many ideas that it became a park.

Rob562

Though I don't see how Beastly Kingdom can come if F.o.t. Lion King those character meeting places remain as popular as they are. But AK is full of empty space so who knows what they can do...:lookaroun

Pretty much EVERYTHING in Camp Minnie-Mickey can be easily moved (or replicated and then the originals torn down). It wasn't intended to be a permanent addition to the park, but rather was a last-minute addition when BK was pushed back. When you walk through CMM, not much feels very "permanent" there. I could easily see a new Camp Minnie-Mickey being built between Asia and Conservation Station to connect the two via walkway, and serve as a nice transition between the two. I'm sure they could even come up with a clever backstory on why the camp needed to be moved.

What event are the DHS fireworks for?

They're for the "One Mighty Party" after-hours event during Gay Day weekend. (And I've heard it's QUITE the fireworks display...)

I was at PI last year during the display and heard the rumble from inside the Adventurer's Club, but the friend I was staying with was at home in Davenport (about 7.5 miles as the crow flies from DHS), and the sound of the fireworks brought him outside where he could see them over the trees... (I got a voicemail asking "What the hell was THAT?!?!??")

-Rob

stichnariel

im just wondering how you all could be thinking of putting a pyro show that close to the animals im sure thats why it has not been done already why spook the animals more then they need to

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Actually from what I heard the flaws remained even in JTTCOTE and the ride always needs long refurb periods to address this problem. OLC was not happy about it. I heard this from a guy who works in Imagineering at Laughingplace.
Really? Thanks for that. I don`t have that many conctacts in Tokyo; I`ll ask a bit more.

TT, Rocket Rods, JTTCOTE - The ride system is cursed I tell you. Cursed!

henryt93

They just removed all the SitS stuff from Pixar Place and Fantasmic is still very popular so I'd be suprised if there are any changes there. Personally, I have seen RoE enough that it would be nice to see something new (and more elaborate) added to Epcot's night time show. Don't know about any other changes happening though.

Maybe we'll get the Tower of Terror Fireworks Spectacular, combining fireworks and the technology used for opening the DLP version of ToT. How cool would that be?

xsupaxmanxsfnex

im just wondering how you all could be thinking of putting a pyro show that close to the animals im sure thats why it has not been done already why spook the animals more then they need to

I was thinking the exact same thing. AK doesn't have a pyro show and I'm not too sure they could have one because of the animal factor. I could see a smaller type of laser and water effects show but not too sure a pyro show would be too good there.

Figment571

P

They're for the "One Mighty Party" after-hours event during Gay Day weekend. (And I've heard it's QUITE the fireworks display...)

I was at PI last year during the display and heard the rumble from inside the Adventurer's Club, but the friend I was staying with was at home in Davenport (about 7.5 miles as the crow flies from DHS), and the sound of the fireworks brought him outside where he could see them over the trees... (I got a voicemail asking "What the hell was THAT?!?!??")

-Rob

whats that "one mighty party" i've never heard of it. but then again i don't go down there then either. no offense.

bh7812

I am very surprised they haven't and have wanted to see some kind of Indy ride done in Florida. The Indy ride at Disneyland is incredible and still holds up really well. I thought sure at one time they'd export it to Florida. Or even an export of the Indy coaster at Disneyland Paris would be good too. Maybe even an indoor Indy coaster, that would be cool too :)

As for Epcot they have done a LOT to try to add more things and get more people back into that park. When I was there last Fall it was pretty crowded. But they still definitely need at least one more thrill ride. Test Track is great but they should try to add a coaster or one more ride like that.

Journey to The Center Of The Earth would be REALLY cool..isn't that a roller coaster? I've only seen a few pictures of it so it's hard to tell what it is. I hope one of these years to actually get out to the Resort in Tokyo.

Pyro shows...hmm I can't see one at AK due to the animals although I've read they've kind of kicked that idea around.

StageFrenzy

Journey to The Center Of The Earth would be REALLY cool..isn't that a roller coaster? I've only seen a few pictures of it so it's hard to tell what it is. I hope one of these years to actually get out to the Resort in Tokyo.

Not a roller coaster TT 2.0

landauh

As for pyro shows, I still think something will eventually come to Animal Kingdom. All that garbage about pyro scaring the animals is just that...garbage. Ever seen a thunderstorm in Orlando in August? Quite a bit scarier than something with Fantasmic-style pyro.

The concern is with the size of the savanna and possible fire danger if the winds shift. Sometimes the animals do not wish to return to their compounds and are left out for the night. There are small fires in back of MK sometimes after Wishes.

The concern is with the size of the savanna and possible fire danger if the winds shift. Sometimes the animals do not wish to return to their compounds and are left out for the night. There are small fires in back of MK sometimes after Wishes.

Is that why the fire station is located right back there?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is that why the fire station is located right back there?
Back of where? The MK? No. Station One was built there since it was in the middle of phase one in 1970, being able to support the MK, the North Service Area, the MK resorts and Fort Wilderness. If I recall it was also the main C&C center due to its proximity to both the CEP and DACS network - though this has now moved, I believe, to Station 4 in LBV. Station One is being replaced (?) by a new station to the west, behind the Frontierland area at Floridian Way / Maple Rd.

Disney may be farsighted, but not that much - firework shows were held over Seven Seas Lagoon until FitS began in 1973 :D

Magicot

Marni, any idea what the possible retheming to TT could be? From the sound of it, it doesn't sound like a complete re-do, but could we see a more futuristic attraction in a few years?

Lee

Adventurer
Marni, any idea what the possible retheming to TT could be?

Oohhhh....that's a tricky question.

Will Martin answer honestly and risk chaos on the boards?:eek:
Or will he politely dodge the question and preserve the peace?;)

I'll just sit over here and watch.....mouth shut.
:D

MythBuster

Really? Thanks for that. I don`t have that many conctacts in Tokyo; I`ll ask a bit more.

TT, Rocket Rods, JTTCOTE - The ride system is cursed I tell you. Cursed!

Actually, the RCS is pretty solid, not too many problems with it, there are more problems with the ride vehicles.

It's the same RCS they use at Indiana Jones, The Temple of the Forbidden Eye at DL, and Dinosaur/CTX at AK, and Indiana Jones, Temple of the Crystal Skull at TDS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom