Five Year Plan

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You should maybe add a note to that post to let people know that a lot of that list is speculation.

Kingdom WDW

OK, so lately, we in the WDW fan community have been hearing many exciting things to come. I thought that I'd assimilate a small list of the happenings at WDW.

2008 is a bit of a quiet year. Yes, TSM is opening and American Idol Experience has been announced, yet, this is nothing compared to the following years.

-Spectro will not be shown for a few weeks due to the reconstruction of the Liberty Square Bridge.

Relatively minor...

-Journey into Imagination refurb beginning late 2008/early 2009.

The full-blown total refurb, or just a small one?

-Space Mountain refurb beginning Jan 2009 (extending as much as 14 months)

Cha-cha-cha-changes

-PoD coming to the MK; Spectro leaving for a new nighttime parade.

No!! Not Spectro! Any possibility of MSEP?

-Jungle Cruise refurb.

Including?

-Contemporary semi-circle tower.

:cry:

-Tree House Villas being rebuilt.

Will this be a new resort or a new Disney Institute?

-The end of PI as we know it.

...being replaced by?

-Addition of an attraction to the Japan Pavilion of World Showcase.

Is this the mountain rollercoaster?

-Star Tours v.2.

Yay!

-Mermaid attraction in the old 20K site.

What about just 20K?

-A boutique park.

Night Kingdom? Is this official yet?

-Expansion of AK.

Dare I say, Beastlie Kingdomme?

-New ride for AK (think JTtCotE).

Journey to the Center of the Earth? Which land?

-Total refurb of Test Track.

Being re-themed to what?

-2 new pyro shows.

Where? It looks like RoE is on the chopping block, but isn't Wishes not going away for a while?

-Addition of StormStruck to Innoventions.

Yay!

-WoL re-imagined?

"We can see, new Horizons, built on all, that we have done" :rolleyes:

-Return of Kim Possible Interactive to EPCOT.

Sounds like a good thing to go with Kidcot.

-4 Seasons and residential houses to be built on the former site of the Eagle Pines Golf Course once it has been de-annexed from RCID.

:cry:

-TDS-style ride to AK. (BW testing ride system)

What about TDS coming here?

-Lotsalove for DHS.

I'm feelin' it.

-Family Coaster in Pixar Place.

What would the theme be?

-Backlot Tour going bye bye.

Never got a chance to go on it...

-Tomorrowland Skyway Station replacement.

CoP expansion?

I will add more if I can think of anything else. Please feel free to add anything I did not mention.

I don't think you're missing much. :lol:

SirNim

Respectable list. Color coded and everything!

I'm really holding out for the second entry to come true... JII 4.0.

urbanvegan

I agree with all on the list. But i just don't think spectro magic needs to go. Maybe just a good refurb will do.

If, during the refurb, they replace all the floats and costumes and songs with new ones - then yes, a refurb will do just fine. :p Actually, scratch that, keep the song no matter what.

I really do love SpectroMagic, but it is seriously time for a parade with some "Wow!" factor. I mean, it premiered 16 YEARS ago! The technology that is supposed to be magical is becoming a bit... dated to say the least. WDI could make this even better! Maybe even replace one float at a time, and show off some movies more recent than Mermaid.

Plus some of those costumes could really be lightened with newer technology. I always feel bad for the dragonflies - those packs look heavy!

disneydiva72

Super Target say what? Next to the Contemporary? Someone tell me Im having a colored my hair too much it has fried my brain moment and someone is just joking here.....:lookaroun

xsupaxmanxsfnex

^Thanks! I knew the Ak part haha but I should have known JTtCotE. That would be awesome because I heard a lot of good things about that ride from some one and I have always wanted to try it ever since.

ryguy

I don't know about the rest of you, but it seems like Iger really has his act together. When he replaced Eisner I didn't know much about him, but he is really growing on me. I love the fact that he has a real focus on improving the theme parks. Over the next five years If he can add some more family friendly rides to the Studios and AK (right now these two parks are in the most need of help) it would be a great success. Of course a new JII and something to replace Wonders would be a double bonus.:sohappy:

jt04

I don't know about the rest of you, but it seems like Iger really has his act together. When he replaced Eisner I didn't know much about him, but he is really growing on me. I love the fact that he has a real focus on improving the theme parks. Over the next five years If he can add some more family friendly rides to the Studios and AK (right now these two parks are in the most need of help) it would be a great success. Of course a new JII and something to replace Wonders would be a double bonus.:sohappy:

Gotta give a ton of credit to John Lasseter too :)

steener618

Wow, I like the idea of two new pyro shows coming to Disney. I know that RoE is prolly going soon :cry:. But I wonder if the Studios will be getting a new show (maybe they will bring back Sorcery in the Sky :lookaroun), because I cant see Wishes going anywhere soon. I cant wait to see these.

jt04

Wow, I like the idea of two new pyro shows coming to Disney. I know that RoE is prolly going soon :cry:. But I wonder if the Studios will be getting a new show (maybe they will bring back Sorcery in the Sky :lookaroun), because I cant see Wishes going anywhere soon. I cant wait to see these.

They just removed all the SitS stuff from Pixar Place and Fantasmic is still very popular so I'd be suprised if there are any changes there. Personally, I have seen RoE enough that it would be nice to see something new (and more elaborate) added to Epcot's night time show. Don't know about any other changes happening though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom