Five Year Plan

steener618

They just removed all the SitS stuff from Pixar Place and Fantasmic is still very popular so I'd be suprised if there are any changes there. Personally, I have seen RoE enough that it would be nice to see something new (and more elaborate) added to Epcot's night time show. Don't know about any other changes happening though.

Yea I was being sarcastic about SitS, although i do wish it would come back. It was a great show. DHS still has pyro pits on the roof of GMR, so they could prolly still do a pyro display. However they would have to close off Pixar Place for awhile to do it.

Okie Mike

If, during the refurb, they replace all the floats and costumes and songs with new ones - then yes, a refurb will do just fine. :p Actually, scratch that, keep the song no matter what.

I really do love SpectroMagic, but it is seriously time for a parade with some "Wow!" factor. I mean, it premiered 16 YEARS ago! The technology that is supposed to be magical is becoming a bit... dated to say the least. WDI could make this even better! Maybe even replace one float at a time, and show off some movies more recent than Mermaid.

Plus some of those costumes could really be lightened with newer technology. I always feel bad for the dragonflies - those packs look heavy!

Don't know exactly, but I believe Spectro premiered in excess of 25 years ago. I could swear I saw it in '82.

Rob562

Yea I was being sarcastic about SitS, although i do wish it would come back. It was a great show. DHS still has pyro pits on the roof of GMR, so they could prolly still do a pyro display. However they would have to close off Pixar Place for awhile to do it.

DHS still has the ability to launch pyro, though it's typically only for special after-hour parties. They most likely set up the launch tubes specifically for them. (The aerial photos on Live Local show empty platforms on the roofs)

Speaking of which... Anyone wanting to see just how big of a pyro display they can do at the Studios might want to head to the Boardwalk next Saturday night (the 7th). Then just *happen* to wander down the pathway toward the Studios around midnight... ;)
(Not sure how far you'll be able to get down the pathway, but you could just watch from the main Boardwalk parking lot facing the Studios)

-Rob

Rob562

Don't know exactly, but I believe Spectro premiered in excess of 25 years ago. I could swear I saw it in '82.

You're thinking of its predecessor, the Main Street Electrical Parade that started running in the park a year or two after it opened.
Spectromagic debuted in 1991 or 92.

-Rob

Philo

Do we really know that the backlot tour is going away?

I keep hearing people say it but I justdon't see it happening

RiversideBunny

You're thinking of its predecessor, the Main Street Electrical Parade that started running in the park a year or two after it opened.

Disney, please bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade, inlcuding the original music which I can still hear.

Thanks. I knew you would listen.
:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do we really know that the backlot tour is going away?

I keep hearing people say it but I justdon't see it happening
In a word, yes. They`ll keep running it into the ground until the expansion plans are implmented and the land is needed.

And the rumours of Spectro going are a bit premature. It will go on hiatus for the hub bridge work, but only for a few weeks. All this began by someone is Paris saying it was replacing Fantillusiuon - which it isn`t. BTW; the parade premiered for guests October 1st 1991.

tdonald

The Backlot Tour WAS cool, but now it's just a fraction of what it was. If the large area it takes up can be used well, then I will be more than happy to let it go.
And, as much as I love SpectroMagic, it's time for it to be replaced with something newer.

And just think, if AK added JItCotE, it might just become a full-day park to EVERYONE! :eek: Though I don't see how Beastly Kingdom can come if F.o.t. Lion King those character meeting places remain as popular as they are. But AK is full of empty space so who knows what they can do...:lookaroun

RSoxNo1

Could JTTCOTE and 20K be part of a Mediterranean/Jules Verne or Europe land? Given the set up of AK in continents, calling it a Europe land may be the best approach. Is there enough room to put a land that would include both rides between Africa and Asia (where Flights of Wonder and a lot of vegetation are currently)?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They should be upgrading the ride with the same technology that was developed for Radiator Springs Racers, if all the rumors hold true.
Radiator Springs IS Test Track, with a duel track layout. The technology is over a decade old.

Test Tracks refurb - if green lit - will be just a retheme and cosemtic make over. The infrastructure will be just the same.

darthjohnny

Radiator Springs IS Test Track, with a duel track layout. The technology is over a decade old.

Test Tracks refurb - if green lit - will be just a retheme and cosemtic make over. The infrastructure will be just the same.

Isn't everyone sayiing how RSR is the next generation of this ride? I keep hearing they will upgrade the systems.

bgraham34

Disney, please bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade, inlcuding the original music which I can still hear.

Thanks. I knew you would listen.
:)

I would love to see that for sure. I just dont want the one from Disneyland. I much prefer the lights to all the action happening on the floats from Disneyland.

steener618

DHS still has the ability to launch pyro, though it's typically only for special after-hour parties. They most likely set up the launch tubes specifically for them. (The aerial photos on Live Local show empty platforms on the roofs)

Speaking of which... Anyone wanting to see just how big of a pyro display they can do at the Studios might want to head to the Boardwalk next Saturday night (the 7th). Then just *happen* to wander down the pathway toward the Studios around midnight... ;)
(Not sure how far you'll be able to get down the pathway, but you could just watch from the main Boardwalk parking lot facing the Studios)

-Rob

What event are the DHS fireworks for?

ToTBellHop

of course there will be upgrades (I'm sure they will make changes guests won't see to improve reliability, for example), but the general technology is the same as we saw on Test Track when it "opened" in 1997/8/9.

As for pyro shows, I still think something will eventually come to Animal Kingdom. All that garbage about pyro scaring the animals is just that...garbage. Ever seen a thunderstorm in Orlando in August? Quite a bit scarier than something with Fantasmic-style pyro.

Some of the items on the list would really surprise me if they were to happen...and there are some items missing. For example, it's pretty certain with Indy 4's performance in theatres that we will at least see some updates to the stunt show...if not more. Lucas is much more friendly with Disney right now and likely interested in seeing his area of the park upgraded and expanded.

There have also been grumblings of a Universe of Energy update over the next several years--though with Ellen now at the height of her career, maybe that can stand to wait a bit longer. I would also imagine that if Disney is going to continue with the Narnia franchise (I believe The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been announced for 2010?), there will eventually be more for it in the parks than an unimpressive set walkthrough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom