Favorite flip flops?

Ariel484

Just wondering what flip flops you all perfer for walking around the parks...I plan on wearing broken-in running shoes most of the time for my trip in May but I'd like a pair of good, comfortable flip flops to wear some of the time, and I don't want to hurt my feet! Thanks! :wave:

sweetpee_1993

I believe in my Havaianas. I have a pair of black ones. They're super comfy and go with everything. I've also worn Billabong, Nike, and Roxy flip flops in the parks with no problems. If they're broke in and comfortable, they work. I also wear my coooool Minnie Janes crocs which are like heaven on my feet for long walking days.

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

I wear sanuks and they're extremely comfortable... they NEVER hurt my feet. I wear them from the beginning of the trip to the end. I have some reefs to but they'll start to hurt after a little while.

Whatever you do, find something that's comfortable for you and break them in BEFORE you take them to Disney!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Oh man, sandals in WDW and I don't get along! From blisters to tendinitis and a cracked bone...no joke!
I've worn reefs as well as every other sandal possible and they're all terrible, so now I'm forcing myself to wear running shoes.
My podiatrist is a fellow Disney nut and says running shoes are the only way to go.

Are crocks really all that comfortable? And has anyone else with foot problems worn them and liked them?

Upvote 0

DisneyGator

I also have foot problems--my podiatrist said that the absolute worst thing to wear is flip flops, especially when you are doing a lot of walking. He said the best bet is running shoes. Being a real Florida girl, I LOVE flip flops and really do not like wearing anything closed in on my feet, so I invested in a pair of Mephisto sandals (you can find them at specialty shops that sell comfort/walking type sandals). They were really expensive (I think about $130) but seriously worth every penny. I wear them all the time and my feet barely hurt ever anymore. I have lots of "marathon" days at the parks, where I am literally on my feet for 12+ hours, and my feet hardly even hurt by the end of the day (which for me is a miracle)!!

Good luck :)

Upvote 0

simmonstlee

Flip Flops for WDW

My husband and I always wear Chaco's. He wears the chaco sandals. I usually wear the chaco flips. They are awesome! We were there for 3 weeks for our wedding last May and I wore them the entire time!

www.chacousa.com

Upvote 0

TxStateMouse

Coming from someone that wears flip flops nearly year round here in Texas, I would say it most definitely depends on your foot. Shop around and make sure they are well broken in before you take them. I prefer Reefs myself, as I have seriously flat feet and other brands sometimes don't have the cushion and arch like the Reefs. I have some of the crocs, and those are really comfy as well. Also you and can wash them and dry them in no time!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

<34Ariel&pandas

I Love my reef flip-flops. I have 3 pair and literally wear them to every Disney park and have so the past 4 times I have gone. What's so great about them is that they provide a thick sole that forms to your feet because the top layer is very soft. I will tell you that I have a few other brands like sanuk and american eagle and they always end up hurting the soles and heels of my feet, but not the reefs. I can't offer much advice on teh crocs, but I see something wrong about walking around on stiff plastic made for gardening shoes...that cannot be good for your feet or bacteria.:hurl:

So I vote for reefs!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I Love my reef flip-flops. I have 3 pair and literally wear them to every Disney park and have so the past 4 times I have gone. What's so great about them is that they provide a thick sole that forms to your feet because the top layer is very soft. I will tell you that I have a few other brands like sanuk and american eagle and they always end up hurting the soles and heels of my feet, but not the reefs. I can't offer much advice on teh crocs, but I see something wrong about walking around on stiff plastic made for gardening shoes...that cannot be good for your feet or bacteria.:hurl:

So I vote for reefs!

Crocs are not made from hard plastic, they are very cushiony (is that even a word? :lol: ), like a foam. AND they are made from an antibacterial material that wicks away the sweat and prevents bacterial and fungal infection. They are very comfortable and my crocs are the ONLY thing that I have worn that have not made my legs tired or made my feet hurt when walking around WDW. It may be very hot, but you do not feel any sweat on your feet, they stay dry. They can also be washed and they dry very, very quickly.

I think you are mistaking them for garden clogs which are shiny hard plastic.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I wear crocs, no socks. But then I'm not a fashion victim so care more about comfort than looks, but to be fair everything looks good on me anyway. One thing my crocs have never smelled unlike my flip flops which at times smelt like a returning fishing fleet after a successful trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom