Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

SirGoofy

I've already made that point twice in this thread. Perhaps they "need" to. I believe the roof was damaged during one or two hurricanes. Permanent water damage can happen while not being noticed immediately. Perhaps that is the issue :shrug:

They don't need to. :lol:

Lord Pheonix

wow, im suprised noone else mentioned this, but i see a possibility here.

i think moving iasw, snow white, and whatever else to a bigger themed area is a great idea. it will open the original buildings up to new dark rides, but one in perticular comes to mind,

Mr. toads wild ride

with its popularity in dl, and the massive amounts of hatemail and forum retribution over the years, they might bring him back in an updated attraction. with all the new movies since mk was first opened, there are alot of themes that would support a neat attraction sized to fit in the existing buildings being vacated by their current tennants, like pocohontas, for one.

food for thought.

puntagordabob

I love the look of the IASW at DL!!! But lets be honest...this is Florida...land of the Amazing Instant Down-pour Rains... it would be horrible for the guests on those given days... not to mention during the super hot summer days that we have down here....

In my opinion: Bad idea to purposely move a queue that is for the most part indoors to being OUTDOORS in Florida!

SirGoofy

wow, im suprised noone else mentioned this, but i see a possibility here.

i think moving iasw, snow white, and whatever else to a bigger themed area is a great idea. it will open the original buildings up to new dark rides, but one in perticular comes to mind,

Mr. toads wild ride

with its popularity in dl, and the massive amounts of hatemail and forum retribution over the years, they might bring him back in an updated attraction. with all the new movies since mk was first opened, there are alot of themes that would support a neat attraction sized to fit in the existing buildings being vacated by their current tennants, like pocohontas, for one.

food for thought.

Pocahontas? Whatca talkin' bout?:veryconfu:veryconfu

And no, Toad isn't coming back. Sorry, but Toad is dead.

I love the look of the IASW at DL!!! But lets be honest...this is Florida...land of the Amazing Instant Down-pour Rains... it would be horrible for the guests on those given days... not to mention during the super hot summer days that we have down here....

In my opinion: Bad idea to purposely move a queue that is for the most part indoors to being OUTDOORS in Florida!

Ah, thank you for bringing that up. I meant to, and it slipped my mind.

Moving IASW outside would mean it would have to close during Central Florida's patented thunderstorms. It isn't gonna happen.

devoy1701

Exactly. This is why our Mad Tea Party has a roof over it and DL's doesn't. And our BTMRR loads insides whereas DL's doesn't. Same is true with their Winnie the Pooh and IASW.

Exprcoofto

In DLP you load outside under awnings with a similar kind of facade as DLs. HKDL loads inside with a similar facade to DLs. They have different options to make it happen.

As for this rumor, I'm not buying it as much as I would like it.

Walt_Lucas

well, since people are throwing their dreams out there for all to see, i'm STILL and will alway be wishing for a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride, not just a revamp of the haunted holidays but a honest to good ride themed around the movie. Anyone else with me on this? :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The facade could be opened up very well by removing the load building (a separate structure to the show building) and using canopies on the queue, ramps and holding areas like Paris did - an open, Disneyland feel but with weather protection.

Assuming they want to do anything.

devoy1701

The facade could be opened up very well by removing the load building (a separate structure to the show building) and using canopies on the queue, ramps and holding areas like Paris did - an open, Disneyland feel but with weather protection.

sometimes you amaze me with the things you know...i did not know that that the load building was not part of the show building.

EpcotFanForever

If you look at the area on a satellite photo, the Pinnochio Village Haus could potentially be converted into a load area and the current load building could be redone into a DL-like facade if it were opened up.

Not sure what is on the lower level there.

But not as crazy an idea as it might seem at first glance.

frank2271

Do I think this is going to happen? No, but with that said, I would like to see it. The bottleneck area of FL where IASW is located is my least favorite area in the MK. It is always so crowded. It really is depressing looking, with tall buildings on both sides of you and long lines of people corralled in lines like cattle. If this meant opening up the area to allow for better crowd flow I'm all for it.

Also, if this plan allows for the new IASW building to be decorated for Christmas like the DL version, then I'm even more excited about this rumor.

But, like I said, it's probably not going to happen.

Exprcoofto

That would look quite amazing. Have grassy slopes from the top (by the walkway & up to the windows on Pinnochio Village Haus) all the way down to the flume. The slopes could showcase different topairy's like Disneyland does. Then have a massive (tall) wonderful facade in the background with great lighting effects. All walkways, load area, and the flume could be covered by nice looking awnings. WANT. :lol:

Buried20KLeague

1. They could uncover the load area and do like Paris did, but that would still leave extreme heat and humidity in the warm months. I don't think they'd ever take away that AC at load.

2. I don't think that wood facade could handle the weather without massive, massive upkeep. MUCH better to keep it in a covered, climate controlled area.

(Not talking at you, Martin...) Disney doesn't spend money where they don't have to. Where have all you folks been the past handful of years? Do any of you REALLY think they would spent countless millions to simply "relocate" such a massive attraction? :rolleyes: Please.

devoy1701

1. They could uncover the load area and do like Paris did, but that would still leave extreme heat and humidity in the warm months. I don't think they'd ever take away that AC at load.

2. I don't think that wood facade could handle the weather without massive, massive upkeep. MUCH better to keep it in a covered, climate controlled area.

(Not talking at you, Martin...) Disney doesn't spend money where they don't have to. Where have all you folks been the past handful of years? Do any of you REALLY think they would spent countless millions to simply "relocate" such a massive attraction? :rolleyes: Please.

they're relocating Dumbo? :D

But I guess that's smaller!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom