Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

Buried20KLeague

Actually what I said would be rather inexpensive. Especially compared to the rest of the FLE. I'd guestimate under 30 million since most of it would be removal work and landscaping. The facade is just a fancy billboard. A lot of bang for the buck potential here.

You'd really rather they spend 30 million on something like this rather than put that toward a new experience... ANY new experience?

Wow, that's rich... Even for you jt!! :lol::hammer:

Me thinkst you be pushing people's buttons here. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
So there isn't more than what is already announced?
No.
The only gray area is Pixie Hollow. They have about 3 or 4 different concepts bouncing around for that. Haven't heard for sure which one they will be going with.
Nothing else is waiting to suddenly appear as a next phase.

EPCOT Explorer

No.
The only gray area is Pixie Hollow. They have about 3 or 4 different concepts bouncing around for that. Haven't heard for sure which one they will be going with.
Nothing else is waiting to suddenly appear as a next phase.

Would be nice, though, and would really "complete"* FL, though, instead of there being a new are and a old area. Maybe later. Much later? :lol:

*Not Complete in Disney Standards, I know. :D

jt04

You'd really rather they spend 30 million on something like this rather than put that toward a new experience... ANY new experience?

Wow, that's rich... Even for you jt!! :lol::hammer:

Me thinkst you be pushing people's buttons here. :lol:

Seriously I am not. I'm very impressed by the DL IASW Christmas show and the aethetics of the FL Skyway station. To add the facade and expand the skyway theming would be a huge win for that area and really be the icing on the cake for the FLE. I'm only talking about removing the queue roof not actually moving the building. I think it would really resonate with folks. Have you ever seen the show at DL or at least a video?

krankenstein

Seriously I am not. I'm very impressed by the DL IASW Christmas show and the aethetics of the FL Skyway station. To add the facade and expand the skyway theming would be a huge win for that area and really be the icing on the cake for the FLE. I'm only talking about removing the queue roof not actually moving the building. I think it would really resonate with folks. Have you ever seen the show at DL or at least a video?

Yeah, that kind of money could be put to a lot better use than that.

jt04

Well it certainly doesn't need an outdoor que with all the rain that comes through.

I think someone was clear that they thought (and I agree) that the majority of the queue could be in the VH building with a covered ramp down to the ride vehicles. There is plenty of space for such a configuration while still opening up the area for the new outdoor facade and new landscaping.

TP2000

I think it is not just a facade, Disneyland's boats are loaded outside right. Perhaps this is the change they speak of. The Ride will now be loaded outside.

Yes, the Disneyland load/unload area is outside, and about two minutes of the longer 15 minute cycle time at Disneyland is spent as your boat floats through the topiary gardens to and from the show building.
disneyland-its-a-small-world-boats.jpg
iasw2.jpg

It's a picturesque and charming setup, unless it rains! On the 5 or 7 days per year that it rains moderately at Disneyland for an extended period of time, the Small World boats quickly fill up with water. When you step in the boat on a rainy day at Disneyland, there's an inch or so of water (or however much its rained that day) sloshing around in the bottom of the boat. You kind of have to prop your feet up above the sloshing water through the ride.

It rains, what, 200 days per year at WDW? And it's not just wimpy SoCal rain, but often tropical torential downpours that can dump an inch or more in a short amount of time.

The outdoor attractions and loading areas at Disneyland are elegant and charming additions to the park (Small World, Alice in Wonderland, StorybookLand, Winnie The Pooh, Teacups, etc.), bringing kinetic energy and whimsy to the attractions and entire areas surrounding them. But there's a good reason why they covered everything up and put stuff indoors in Central Florida. RAIN! (And heat and humidity, but rain is the worst.)

EPCOT Explorer

Yes, the Disneyland load/unload area is outside, and about two minutes of the longer 15 minute cycle time at Disneyland is spent as your boat floats through the topiary gardens to and from the show building.
disneyland-its-a-small-world-boats.jpg

It's a picturesque and charming setup, unless it rains! On the 5 or 7 days per year that it rains moderately at Disneyland for an extended period of time, the Small World boats quickly fill up with water. When you step in the boat on a rainy day at Disneyland, there's an inch or so of water (or however much its rained that day) sloshing around in the bottom of the boat. You kind of have to prop your feet up above the sloshing water through the ride.

It rains, what, 200 days per year at WDW? And it's not just wimpy SoCal rain, but often tropical torential downpours that can dump an inch or more in a short amount of time.

The outdoor attractions and loading areas at Disneyland are elegant and charming additions to the park (Small World, Alice in Wonderland, StorybookLand, Winnie The Pooh, Teacups, etc.), bringing kinetic energy and whimsy to the attractions and entire areas surrounding them. But there's a good reason why they covered everything up and put stuff indoors in Central Florida. RAIN! (And heat and humidity, but rain is the worst.)

So put a nice tarp on it. :lookaroun

jt04

So put a nice tarp on it. :lookaroun

If they did this I am convinced the queue would primarily be in the village haus and the boat area covered by an awning type structure that would also form the base of the facade. Doesn't the HM have a queue covered by tarps?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom