Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The facade could be opened up very well by removing the load building (a separate structure to the show building) and using canopies on the queue, ramps and holding areas like Paris did - an open, Disneyland feel but with weather protection.

Assuming they want to do anything.

Martin head the nail on the head with this one....the whole front of the building from the back wall of the current indoor queue to the walkway in front of the attraction could be removed. Canals and current ramps could be left as is, and the front of the "show" building could be covered to look just like its cousins around the globe. The load area and ramps could be covered like those at DLP and voila, the whole area feels much more open. Some of the main queue could be shifted left toward the service gates between the show building and the old skyway station, that way people might actually thing that the attraction had been moved because the main show building is actually set back anyway. It "could" look pretty impressive. Now will they spend money to do this? Doubtful, but who knows. I'd like to see an Alice attraction (and Pinnochio) before another IASW redo and maybe even a Storybook Land or Toontown behind the current IASW and the Village Haus. That could possibly be done by extending the entry area for the Utilidors back 200 feet, demolishing the bathrooms next to the Village Haus and expanding behind IASW and the HM show buildings. Parking and infrastructure can be easily moved...heck, the villa at Beach Club that I'm posting this from is situated directly over a canal that was reconfigured to accommodate the resort. Disney can do just about anything if the investment is worth it.

Buried20KLeague

Martin head the nail on the head with this one....the whole front of the building from the back wall of the current indoor queue to the walkway in front of the attraction could be removed. Canals and current ramps could be left as is, and the front of the "show" building could be covered to look just like its cousins around the globe. The load area and ramps could be covered like those at DLP and voila, the whole area feels much more open. Some of the main queue could be shifted left toward the service gates between the show building and the old skyway station, that way people might actually thing that the attraction had been moved because the main show building is actually set back anyway. It "could" look pretty impressive. Now will they spend money to do this? Doubtful, but who knows. I'd like to see an Alice attraction (and Pinnochio) before another IASW redo and maybe even a Storybook Land or Toontown behind the current IASW and the Village Haus. That could possibly be done by extending the entry area for the Utilidors back 200 feet, demolishing the bathrooms next to the Village Haus and expanding behind IASW and the HM show buildings. Parking and infrastructure can be easily moved...heck, the villa at Beach Club that I'm posting this from is situated directly over a canal that was reconfigured to accommodate the resort. Disney can do just about anything if the investment is worth it.

EXACTLY my point. This would serve ZERO purpose.

I would go completely APE if they spent millions of dollars on this, when they could put that money towards ANYTHING new... Hmm... How about using that money to keep things in the new FL project that will inevitably get cut? :hammer::rolleyes:

Anyway. I don't know why we're still talking about this. There's zero chance this ever happens. Zero. We really do all get riled up when just anybody posts any ridiculous sort of thing (see: HM pop up heads with alternate faces on the back). It's sad, really.

jt04

That would look quite amazing. Have grassy slopes from the top (by the walkway & up to the windows on Pinnochio Village Haus) all the way down to the flume. The slopes could showcase different topairy's like Disneyland does. Then have a massive (tall) wonderful facade in the background with great lighting effects. All walkways, load area, and the flume could be covered by nice looking awnings. WANT. :lol:

This is making sense! Imagine the aesthetics of the skyway station expanded in front of the show building (where the current queue is) in a park like seating area. Add the DL-esque facade (which could be made of steel and painted) and this makes sense. A water element could even be added from the mill as a stream through the seating area. A nightly "light show" in the manner of the DL Christmas show could be added year round. Definitely makes some sense. Then just add a Rapunzel M&G to the skyway and add a tower facade in the background (similar to beast's castle) and the entire area works with the rest of the FLE!. I could see them closing the food service at the VH too so as not to compete with the new BatB food service.

I think we have solved the puzzle.

And if this isn't the plan it should be. :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Good grief! I step away for a 4-hour trek in the falling snow and the world (well at least the small one) is getting transformed! Excellent idea, if the plans in the article hold true to form. :sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

This is making sense! Imagine the aesthetics of the skyway station expanded in front of the show building (where the current queue is) in a park like seating area. Add the DL-esque facade (which could be made of steel and painted) and this makes sense. A water element could even be added from the mill as a stream through the seating area. A nightly "light show" in the manner of the DL Christmas show could be added year round. Definitely makes some sense. Then just add a Rapunzel M&G to the skyway and add a tower facade in the background (similar to beast's castle) and the entire area works with the rest of the FLE!. I could see them closing the food service at the VH too so as not to compete with the new BatB food service.

I think we have solved the puzzle.

And if this isn't the plan it should be. :lol:

While we're at it... Let's just train REAL elephants to stand near the entrance and balance on giant balls... Monkeys to smoke cigars, and hire every person in the world under 30" tall to do M&G's at the exit!!!! YEAH! WOO!!!! Money is no object, and common sense be damned!!!!

:hammer::rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, a "diagram" I originally posted here on Magic back in September!
(Just a colorized version of the leaked plans)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=489170&highlight=vonpluto&page=7

I'm shocked!
Shocked, I tell you!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Threadwin. :lol:

Small-World-Exterior-web.jpg

smallworld.jpg

The ride is almost the same besides the exterior, 1 minute longer and they slapped a few classic DIsney chracters into it.
Timeless and classic look. We need that.
The facade could be opened up very well by removing the load building (a separate structure to the show building) and using canopies on the queue, ramps and holding areas like Paris did - an open, Disneyland feel but with weather protection.

Assuming they want to do anything.

Amazing...! I had no idea that it was possible. I wish that they would consider updating the look of it.

raven

I think it is not just a facade, Disneyland's boats are loaded outside right. Perhaps this is the change they speak of. The Ride will now be loaded outside.

No. I think the perfect reason for it is answered below.

In my opinion: Bad idea to purposely move a queue that is for the most part indoors to being OUTDOORS in Florida!

Florida = rain. Rain + wet ride vehicles = unhappy guests. This is why most of the attractions in WDW are indoors.

A sink hole perhaps?

Let's not start that rumor again.

jt04

While we're at it... Let's just train REAL elephants to stand near the entrance and balance on giant balls... Monkeys to smoke cigars, and hire every person in the world under 30" tall to do M&G's at the exit!!!! YEAH! WOO!!!! Money is no object, and common sense be damned!!!!

:hammer::rolleyes:

Actually what I said would be rather inexpensive. Especially compared to the rest of the FLE. I'd guestimate under 30 million since most of it would be removal work and landscaping. The facade is just a fancy billboard. A lot of bang for the buck potential here.

SeaCastle

The article used a fan-created map as a basis for its information.

The map in question:
DisneyWorld3fantasyland.jpg

It seems someone took this concept and ran with it, but it is simply a fan's idea on what they thought should happen in the new expansion.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, is there any chance at all of there being a Phase III? Have you heard anything? Thanks!

Depends on how you define a "Phase 3".
Pixie Hollow has been bumped back, by default creating a "Phase 2".
The only way there will be a "Phase 3" will be if they postpone or cut any of the existing plan.
The stuff that got this thread started? Not a chance. The current expansion is all that is coming, it's just a matter of timing and how they decide to pace it.

DisneyParksFan1

Depends on how you define a "Phase 3".
Pixie Hollow has been bumped back, by default creating a "Phase 2".
The only way there will be a "Phase 3" will be if they postpone or cut any of the existing plan.
The stuff that got this thread started? Not a chance. The current expansion is all that is coming, it's just a matter of timing and how they decide to pace it.

So there isn't more than what is already announced?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom