Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

crazyaboutwdw

what will happen tol old part of FL?

Any one know what the plans are for the old part of FL that incluse IASW, PP, SWSA,...etc. Will the exterior be rethemed to blend with the new expansion? Just wondering :)

fireworkz

This expansion might be alot bigger than we think, only be the tip of the iceberg for the next few years.

After all with large new LM and BatB areas in MK, that leaves an opening for the stale LM and BatB shows at DHS to be replaced by something else. By popular demand a new Mickey/Sensational Six area might have to be eventually built. (Mickey turns 100 in 2028 but hopefully we wont have to wait that long!) :) The area right behind the Speedway or heck maybe even the Speedway would be nice. I just think it opens a lot of future possibilities.

Azerin

Disney Imagineers, who design rides and attractions, said the Toon Town attraction would be dismantled and its popular Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse houses relocated to another section of Walt Disney World

That is from a reuters article found here: http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSTRE58B25O20090912

Where are they going to move their houses to? Only other park that would make sense would be DHS IF they created a "Toon Studios" area similar to the one in Paris... they don't fit in AK or Epcot

Exprcoofto

According to an Imagineering interview after the presentation, the rest of Fantasyland will remain the Medieval Faire theme. However, because Winnie the Pooh is outside of the Castle Wall, I'm assuming it's queue and facade will be re-themed to it's re-located M&G across the way.

According to an Imagineering interview after the presentation, the rest of Fantasyland will remain the Medieval Faire theme. However, because Winnie the Pooh is outside of the Castle Wall, I'm assuming it's queue and facade will be re-themed to it's re-located M&G across the way.
I hope it doesn't remain the Medieval Fair theme. They really need to change the facades of the old attractions to make it up to par with DL's FL.

Exprcoofto

I hope it doesn't remain the Medieval Fair theme. They really need to change the facades of the old attractions to make it up to par with DL's FL.

I agree, I absolutely hate the Medieval Fair theme. Maybe they'll change it as it progresses, but how much do you want to bet that their thinking was "If we add the castle wall, we won't have to redo the other attractions!" :brick:

At least change Snow White and Peter Pan. (Pooh is already getting it) And I'm not sure what they could do to IaSW.

This expansion might be alot bigger than we think, only be the tip of the iceberg for the next few years.

After all with large new LM and BatB areas in MK, that leaves an opening for the stale LM and BatB shows at DHS to be replaced by something else. By popular demand a new Mickey/Sensational Six area might have to be eventually built. (Mickey turns 100 in 2028 but hopefully we wont have to wait that long!) :) The area right behind the Speedway or heck maybe even the Speedway would be nice. I just think it opens a lot of future possibilities.​

and yet he still looks so young!

CaptainMichael

I guess I'll weigh in on this, it's about time!

The art is beautiful, and if the finished product looks anything like it, we're in for a treat. I'm not sure how achievable some of this look and ambiance is with strollers and screaming kids. If anyone can do it, it's Disney. This is a really ambitious project.

When this is all complete, the capacity excuse will no longer be an issue which is good because Tomorrowland could seriously use something of this scale because after Fantasyland, Tomorroland is the most lacking visually, etc. It's time we get these lands on par with the rest of the Magic Kingdom. I know Adventureland has its detractors, but it's a rehab of Tiki Room and Adventurers Club restaurant away from being nearly perfect and then maybe Indy in 10-15 years.

This expansion gets an A+ from me. It will certainly alleviate some of the current problems with Fantasyland, most importantly the asthetics. It's been along time coming.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

After all with large new LM and BatB areas in MK, that leaves an opening for the stale LM and BatB shows at DHS to be replaced by something else. By popular demand a new Mickey/Sensational Six area might have to be eventually built. (Mickey turns 100 in 2028 but hopefully we wont have to wait that long!) :) The area right behind the Speedway or heck maybe even the Speedway would be nice. I just think it opens a lot of future possibilities.

What also might be replaced at the studios is the VothLM attraction. Which, in conjunction with the aquisition of Marvel, could lead to a revamp of the animation area at DHS to include Marvel characters. Realize we are talking 5 years out or so to get the revamp of FL complete and plans and construction completed on a revamped animation area at DHS. This would probably mesh perfectly with Disney "forcing" the value of the Marvel license so hight that they can no longer afford it with the amount of $$ they are putting into Harrypotterville.

krankenstein

This is the same thing I've been hearing.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And it still won't open until 2012? Is that normally how long an attraction of that magnitude takes? :shrug:

Exp Everest took almost that long from ground clearing to opening if my memory serves me correctly. Plus, they are going to have to try to complete alot of this construction as much as possible with as little impact to park operations as possible. (Noise, visibility, etc).

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
If they do spruce up the old attractions, I hope they wait to do it until AFTER all of the new attractions are open. It'd be kind of a downer to have ALL of FL under construction at the same time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom