Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

CaptainMichael

Ah, jt.

I believe lonely troll is what your office door says here at WDWMagic.:wave:

Other than Little Mermaid, I wouldn't see anyone over the age 10, or anyone with a male set of genitalia, jumping for joy at the additions.

I'm excited for the added capacity, Mermaid, and Dumbo, but other than that...eh.:shrug:

I think the "Be Our Guest" restaurant has potential if they don't overcharge, but I'm sure they will.

SirGoofy

I think the "Be Our Guest" restaurant has potential if they don't overcharge, but I'm sure they will.

Whoops, for got that.

I'm afraid it'll just be yet another MK character dining, though. If it's just Remy-like AAs I'll be happy. MK just doesn't need another Character Dining experience.

jonnyc

3. Ok. So, as you can tell I'm a really big fan of Maleficent. I would LOVE Disney forever if they would put in a Villians land. I know that the Magic Kingdom isn't really the place for Villians, but come on. I'd really love it if we had an area of the park where we were guaranteed to run into a few villians.

I would disagree, i think there is definately a place for Villians in MK. Maybe you take a wrong turn in FL and stumble into a hide out for Villians... or something (Okay i'm not an imagineer :p).

TalkingHead

Other than Little Mermaid, I wouldn't see anyone over the age 10, or anyone with a male set of genitalia, jumping for joy at the additions.

I'm excited for the added capacity, Mermaid, and Dumbo, but other than that...eh.:shrug:

Wait a second. You aren't excited about getting to play with markers and paper to make birthday cards for Aurora?

This is world-class entertainment they've got planned here from top to bottom!

What's wrong with you engineers?!

jt04

Ah, jt.

I believe lonely troll is what your office door says here at WDWMagic.:wave:

That is my point. If you were exited to experience the meet and greets I'd be worried for you. But can't you be excited for the target audience? Possibly when you have children you will understand what I'm saying.

By the way, if anyone out there aspires to be an Imagineer and you can't feel excited for those to whom this expansion is meant for, then you need a new career choice. Unless you have tons of empathy you can't be an Imagineer on the creative side.

And for all the folks who spin that Jay is a corporate ogre, well that spin got crushed yesterday. He obviously is a fanboy. With plenty of empathy.

TalkingHead

See post #417. :ROFLOL:

JT, there's a difference between making entertainment for kids and doing something cheap. And developing an "attraction" around Crayola markers and construction paper is CHEAP, as in Sunday-school arts-and-crafts project CHEAP.

Attractions shouldn't be built and designed with the thinking that guests will outgrow them. Certainly not after the guests reach the age of 10.

maleficentfan

JT, there's a difference between making entertainment for kids and doing something cheap. And developing an "attraction" around Crayola markers and construction paper is CHEAP, as in Sunday-school arts-and-crafts project CHEAP.

Attractions shouldn't be built and designed with the thinking that guests will outgrow them. Certainly not after the guests reach the age of 10.
actually, i think it's a great idea. give's the parents either: A) More bonding time with their kids or B) a chance to sit down and take a breather. Let's also remember who the target audience is with this. Fantasyland really should be for the young girls. I mean, we guys have Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland, so why can't the girls have at least one land?

YunaB17

I pretty much like what thier planing on doing especialy the stuff for Belle but I also feel that some of the princesses seemed to be getting ignored. Mulan, Pocohtas, Jasmine, and Snow White seem to be getting nothing:(

jt04

I pretty much like what thier planing on doing especialy the stuff for Belle but I also feel that some of the princesses seemed to be getting ignored. Mulan, Pocohtas, Jasmine, and Snow White seem to be getting nothing:(

Snow White already has an attraction :shrug:

The other princesses you mention are not based in European folklore but you can rest assured Disney will use them in other areas. Pocahantus is back at CMM by the way.

TalkingHead

actually, i think it's a great idea. give's the parents either: A) More bonding time with their kids or B) a chance to sit down and take a breather. Let's also remember who the target audience is with this. Fantasyland really should be for the young girls. I mean, we guys have Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland, so why can't the girls have at least one land?

Gender stereotypes. What in Adventureland is "for the boys"? Same for Frontierland and Tomorrowland? I never realized any of those attractions only appealed to boys under the age of 10?

My problem with Fantasyland expansion isn't the princess angle. It's the perceived age-limit. I don't see many sane people over the age of 12 wanting to make birthday cards for Aurora or wanting to dance with Cinderella.

I think the gender stuff is bogus, but it's quite apparent that WDI didn't design this expansion with the whole family in mind.

jt04

See, here is a person who is an imagineer at heart.

TalkingHead

Now you are tracking. As kids grow out of the new FL at the MK, they will find the other parks more compelling. See how it works?

I'm starting to think Disney knows what they are doing.

You on the other hand :snore:

So by this logic you can outgrow MK? Guess the place isn't as timeless as I thought it was.

jt04

Gender stereotypes. What in Adventureland is "for the boys"? Same for Frontierland and Tomorrowland? I never realized any of those attractions only appealed to boys under the age of 10?

My problem with Fantasyland expansion isn't the princess angle. It's the perceived age-limit. I don't see many sane people over the age of 12 wanting to make birthday cards for Aurora or wanting to dance with Cinderella.

I think the gender stuff is bogus, but it's quite apparent that WDI didn't design this expansion with the whole family in mind.

He didn't say exclusively. Stop the PC mind control already.

:lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Now you are tracking. As kids grow out of the new FL at the MK, they will find the other parks more compelling. See how it works?

I'm starting to think Disney knows what they are doing.

You on the other hand :snore:

Oh I know how you work, take a selective narrow point of view and spin it, don’t respond to any post that highlights the holes in your arguments, resort to insults when shown to be a cretin, again, and at all costs defend the mouse and all he stands for, insert cliché of choice here.

Your logic only works for families with the very young and primary school age girls, what about those who have passed the dressing as princesses stage? Your about to spend many millions of $$$ on what basically amounts to a load of aesthetics. The world has changed since Walts death and being passive observers is not what it was. I know you refuse to recognise this but to be honest I couldn’t give a toss.

But so we are clear, as I know youll do your best to spin a turd, I’m happy with the ride, and the restaurant, fairly happy with the carnival, if its not all for the very young, delighted about Star Tours, I just can’t go all doe eyed at some fake facades when there are so many other things needing attention. EE a good coaster in a great looking facade, but it could have been better, Disney got where it is by paying attention to both aspects. But thats just my opinion.

maleficentfan

So by this logic you can outgrow MK? Guess the place isn't as timeless as I thought it was.
You never really "outgrow" the MK. You grow up, you explore the other parks a bit more than MK, you come back later in life with nieces, nephews, son's or daughters. You go there just to feel young again or, in the case of parents, to see the park through your child's eyes. This is the place where, sorry for sounding corny, dreams come true. Millions of young boys and girls get to meet characters that they have idolized about. They not only get a chance to see the magic, but to be a part OF the magic. And this is how the new Fantasyland will work wonders. The Imagineers have chosen the 4 princesses that are CLASSICS: Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and Ariel. Every young boy or girl either wants to meet the Princess or someone associated with the story. For me, I love Aurora, but I really love Maleficent and the 3 Good Faries. I'm sure that there are people who love Cinderella, but love Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters a bit more. This is a chance for more characters to come in and to delight guests. While I may be out of the target age range, I have to say everything that Disney is doing with this expansion is right on the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom