Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

This concept art looks absolutely stunning! The scenery should be beautiful -- I can't wait for all of the pictures to start flooding in once the revamped land officially opens. Seems like very picturesque area with all of the well-themed mini-lands. For some reason though, I feel like WDI has left some space unused for future additions. Maybe Alice and Pinocchio will make an appearance in 2015-2017??? They probably want to see how the new area works realistically before the add even more to it. Plus, WDI needs to keep a few surprises. So glad BATB is finally in the park -- my favorite animated classic!

happykid25

I just noticed something very interesting from the announcement video regarding the Be Our Guest Restaurant. Take a look at about 2:20 into the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

Notice that they are choosing to keep the scale of the "show" 1:1. Notice in the lower corner the "life size" Lumiere brought to life via the Living Character Initiative like Remy has been done recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTBzvJeNwQQ

It also seems like there is another covered serving tray in the background as well.

I wonder how they'll pull off bringing all the characters to life and put on a show if they're keeping everything life size? It would be hard to have the show delivered by a bunch of dining carts.

Perhaps the stained glass and ballroom windows factor into it?

I noticed Lumiere too, and immediately thought of Remy. No idea how they will make them into a show???

Just had a "Ah-ha!" moment as to why there would be three dining rooms. They will probably have a show time for each room and cycle diners through that way. Maybe they'll have a seating every 45 minutes or so. So dinner would look like this:
Room 1 - 5:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Room 2 - 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Room 3 - 6:30 pm - 8:45 pm
That would give each room a 2 hour 15 minute turn over. Would that be enough time??? But with an hourly seating, you'ld have a 3 hour turn over and that almost seems like too much. :confused: I'm interested in seeing how this will work out.

Again, this is assuming the rumors of there being a show attached to the dining experience. The presentation only mentioned it being an immersive experience. Oh the questions!!!

_Scar

I noticed Lumiere too, and immediately thought of Remy. No idea how they will make them into a show???

Just had a "Ah-ha!" moment as to why there would be three dining rooms. They will probably have a show time for each room and cycle diners through that way. Maybe they'll have a seating every 45 minutes or so. So dinner would look like this:
That would give each room a 2 hour 15 minute turn over. Would that be enough time??? But with an hourly seating, you'ld have a 3 hour turn over and that almost seems like too much. :confused: I'm interested in seeing how this will work out.

Again, this is assuming the rumors of there being a show attached to the dining experience. The presentation only mentioned it being an immersive experience. Oh the questions!!!

Interesting, or it could be like Rainforest Cafe/T-Rex where there are "shows" every 30 minutes. I do like your idea though and it makes perfect sense.

TP2000

I had to head out for the day and I missed all the fun of the big announcements! But Ijust knew there would be stuff happening at Jay's speech regarding WDW, and that the big video screens of the Anaheim Arena would be where the action was on Saturday even though the Parks & Resorts pavilion on the exhibit floor was devoid of WDW news.

I couldn't help but notice that the "interactive games" in the Dumbo's Circus queue look alot like the new Dumbo Bucket Brigade midway game at California Adventure. I bet they'll be using that type of game as an inspiration for this interactive queue idea.

3425712473_d3520f3f65.jpg

I really like how Jay said the queue would be like "the first act in a show". That's something Disney got away from in recent years, after perfecting the idea in the 1960's and 70's on D and E Tickets. But I think it's the first time they've tried it with a simpler, smaller attraction like Dumbo.

vonpluto

This from AllEars:
"-- Beast's Castle, which will house a 552-seat restaurant that is counter service by day, table service by night. The castle will have three areas, including the "West Wing", in which you will be able to see the Beast's private antechamber and the rose with dropping petals, featured in the animated film, Beauty and the Beast."
:shrug:

Studios Fan

This from AllEars:
"-- Beast's Castle, which will house a 552-seat restaurant that is counter service by day, table service by night. The castle will have three areas, including the "West Wing", in which you will be able to see the Beast's private antechamber and the rose with dropping petals, featured in the animated film, Beauty and the Beast."
:shrug:

Sounds good. :)

Kamikaze

2:15 is plenty. They run Hoop-Dee-Doo on it.

What does Rasulo mean when he says instead of standing in a line for Dumbo, you'll be playing games? How would that work?

Think Soarin queue, but to the next level.

SirGoofy

Maybe an amped up version of Soarin's queue?

I also thought it might mean that with two spinners there will be no lines :shrug:

I've got a theory. They keep saying "3 ring circus". Basically, what I see happening, si you enter the first ring and it has say 3 games/activities, the second ring has 2, and the final ring has 1. And then after the third ring, you are put onto the rides. When the people are on the rides are taken off, the people from the third ring go on, and then the people from the second ring go to the third, etc.

That's my theory.:shrug:

jt04

I've got a theory. They keep saying "3 ring circus". Basically, what I see happening, si you enter the first ring and it has say 3 games/activities, the second ring has 2, and the final ring has 1. And then after the third ring, you are put onto the rides. When the people are on the rides are taken off, the people from the third ring go on, and then the people from the second ring go to the third, etc.

I think you are right.

happykid25

I found this on another forum. The poster quoted this as the "Official Description" of the dumbo queue

"The NEW Expanded Dumbo Ride will have NO queue. Instead, there will be a 3-Ring Circus interactive play area with bleachers for adults, so that you can have fun while you wait for your "feather" to be called so that you can ride."

Not sure where the poster found this quote, but it sounds interesting.

This info is from here: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33550840&postcount=84

Wilt Dasney

I found this on another forum. The poster quoted this as the "Official Description" of the dumbo queue

"The NEW Expanded Dumbo Ride will have NO queue. Instead, there will be a 3-Ring Circus interactive play area with bleachers for adults, so that you can have fun while you wait for your "feather" to be called so that you can ride."

Not sure where the poster found this quote, but it sounds interesting.

This info is from here: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33550840&postcount=84

Maybe I'm just showing my limited imagination, but this sounds like a bit of clever semantics to me. If SirGoofy's theory is right, then I assume each ring would accommodate the number of riders that can be put on the ride at one cycle.

Assuming that is true, then wouldn't there by necessity be a queue for people who are more than three cycles away from riding, and thus outside the three rings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom