Fantasmic gets cut to just 2 shows per week

catz

I thouroughly enjoy Fantasmic! and if it is true it going to be two nights a week only, so many people are going to be left out and as already said the crowds are going to be dreadful....

coasterphil

Get ready for Disney's numbers to drop through the floor folks. They wouldn't be making these decisions unless things looked really bleak.

Disney will probably use the same excuse they us all the time "Guests surveys show...." Please!

Disney has been making great decisions lately: close pleasure island, no more characters at liberty tree, less shows of fantasmic. The greed thats coming out of Disney lately makes my stomach turn. :hurl:

Ilovewishes

We only ever go to WDW in Feb/March or Sept/Oct/Nov so we're going to be penalised and get less showings of F! just cos we don't come in high season?

I love F! It's my fave show along with Wishes! I'm having a really bad week on these boards! Another thread says Wishes is getting replaced soon too!:cry::fork:

All we can hope for is that if it is true, maybe they will get replaced by something bigger and better???:veryconfu

Disney05

You can't make these statements without some sort of proof. I'll believe it when I see it.
And I really doubt Wishes is going anywhere either.

Peterwhite171

Proof at Disneyworld.com

Want proof? Head on over to Disneyworld.com and check out the Jan times and dates. F! has indeed been cut back according the official information Disney has provided.

vickyvale

it's not unusual to cut down on the 'finale' shows. there have been many times when disney hasn't offered fireworks, night parades, etc. every night of the week bc it's not a peak period. i certainly don't think cutting down the number of fantasmics is a sign of any coming attendance apocolypse.

even during high-peak, fantasmic rarely completely fills the second performance.

sbkline

And there's perfectly good evidence of the fact that ANYONE can get online and say ANYTHING.
Though if it is true I'll be upset.

*EDIT*
And don't say "get the axe" if you mean "gets reduced from 7 shows to two." That's a reduction, not an axe-ing.

It can still be an axe-ing; they're just using the axe to hack away some extra branches, rather than chopping the whole tree down. :D

Cmdr_Crimson

This is like saying Illuminations will do one show a week just using 3 bottle rockets and a big guy in his undershorts holding a sparkler for the finale with his rendition of "We go on."
I'm sorry but this sounds to Bus driver-ish to me..

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This is like saying Illuminations will do one show a week just using 3 bottle rockets and a big guy in his undershorts holding a sparkler for the finale with his rendition of "We go on."
I'm sorry but this sounds to Bus driver-ish to me..
I don't follow the comparison, but the visual is amusing! :eek:

:ROFLOL:

Ausdaddy

Anyone think it could be for refurb purposes?

Unlikely since it's still running. Also, it's not listed under operational updates on the calendar for January. I'm not sure how people can still be doubting when the WDW calendar confirms it. Without further info, it appears to be true.

krankenstein

It appears to be true, but you cannot always go by the calender. I was planning for my last trip and wrote down the park hours a couple of months ahead of time. When I arrived the hours they handed me at the resort were totally different than the ones posted on the website. Hopefully, it is a mistake. If it isn't, no biggie for me, I haven't watched it since '04. :shrug:

WildLodgeFan

Interesting thread, seems that pessism is alive and kicking. Sure it's sad that it will be offered only a couple evenings of the week, but let's experience a little reality here. Even as beloved as Disney is, they do have to make sure they can pay the bills. Why do people assume it's some evil plot to increase profits or some Pixar vision to take over the World? :shrug:

I'm sure there were many reasons the decision was made. I know rising fuel costs is the scapegoat for a lot of things, but here it may be true, since most pyrotechnics are produced in China and are shipped via freighter boats. In addition, there was also a shortage of fireworks this year because of a large fire at one of the fireworks warehouses there. In addition if I felt I needed to reduce costs somewhere, I would evaluate the attendance levels at the three parks showing fireworks and it seems to me that perhaps that Studios would be the least attended, making it the obvious choice. I mean let's look at it - how would you rank the three shows? Would Fantasmic be your favorite over Wishes or Illuminations?

Heading to the World during the off-season has disadvantages as well as advantages. Yes you have the advantage of smaller crowds, but it's a flip side thing. Smaller crowds means there is not a need to staff at maximum level either, so you have reduced hours and reduced entertainment. Thought Disney has been marketing savvy here with the "parties" to address that issue.

And remember, Disney is a publically held company - reporting to shareholders and a board of directors that are concerned about the return of their investment. As much magic that they want to produce, that fact is foremost in their minds.

Of course, that's my two cents worth, so don't flame me too badly. :D

Vernonpush

I think it's more of the cast and crew size then fireworks. Fantasmic! has the most number of people invloved when comparing the three shows.

drew81

I don't see a lot of guests staying into the evening at Studios when Fant! is not being shown. I would much rather see Block Party go 2 days a week than Fant! but I doubt they'll do that with Block Party being new.

Casting already did a lot of the Ent CM's at Fant! dirty when Block Party opened. Now Block Party is tied into Fant! so I wonder what that will mean when the new casting comes up.

JPVonDrake

To confirm...

I can confirm "randomdude657" is correct...

We are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests who visit the Walt Disney World® Resort. Within the last six months, we have added significant new attractions and shows at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™, including Block Party Bash, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Pixar Place and Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Coming in October 2008 will be the recently announced “High School Musical 3: Senior Year” and later this year, Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ will host the annual Night of Joy event for the first time and welcome back ABC Super Soap Weekend. At the same time, we have continued to update existing offerings such as Playhouse Disney—Live On Stage! Next year, the park will unveil The American Idol Experience, host the first Grad Nite events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ and welcome back ESPN: The Weekend and Star Wars Weekends.

We regularly evaluate and refine our operations. At the same time we unveil The American Idol Experience in January 2009, we will make an adjustment to our operation by offering Fantasmic! on select evenings each week. Fantasmic! will be performed two times weekly –generally Mondays and Thursdays - and more often during our busiest times of the year.

On nights when Fantasmic! is not performed, Guests (with appropriate ticket media) will continue to have the opportunity to enjoy nightly fireworks spectaculars such as Wishes at the Magic Kingdom® Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot®.

Showtimes will be published for Guests in the Times Guide, which is available at the theme parks, and online at disneyworld.com.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom