Fantasmic gets cut to just 2 shows per week

CaptainMichael

But I am seeing evidence that points in the other direction. I haven't seen any of the other upcoming Disney projects put on hold, postponed, or cancelled (DCA upgrade, the AIE, the resort refurbs, DVC resort construction), and I would think those would save a heck of a lot more money than cutting Fantasmic shows by 72% would. We're also seeing compelling rumors about attraction and dining additions to the parks, like the MI coaster, TLM coming to MK, Star Tours 2.0, and a handful of others. Even if half of those rumors come true, that's quite a bit of spending for a

Many of these have either a) already been started and it would be stupid to stop now (DCA upgrade, Contemporary/AKL DVC) or b) been greenlit. You cannot leave a huge building incomplete next to the MK. And you have to offer something new to give people a reason to spend the money to come. AIE isn't exactly going to break the bank and will be done before the hard times really begin. Th

jt04

I would just add to what markjohns1 said, that DHS is undergoing a major transformation into a completely different park than what MGM was. These are just baby steps in a very long journey. There is a bigger picture IMO involved in all these changes.

Sorry to dig up this thread but I think I might know what is going on here so I will answer my own question......

Could they be preparing DHS for regularly scheduled nightime events in the manner of P&P or MNSSHP or MVMCP????? Hmmmmmm:shrug:

bgraham34

Sorry to dig up this thread but I think I might know what is going on here so I will answer my own question......

Could they be preparing DHS for regularly scheduled nightime events in the manner of P&P or MNSSHP or MVMCP????? Hmmmmmm:shrug:

Anything is possible but you would have to assume that Fantasmic would have to be a part of that.

jt04

Anything is possible but you would have to assume that Fantasmic would have to be a part of that.

Yes I would assume that, or maybe a big name act that could easily fill the Fantasmic stadium with a performance or two on special evenings. Oh the possibilities........:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom