Fantasmic gets cut to just 2 shows per week

randomdude657

Original Poster
Starting January 4th Fantasmic! will no longer be a nightly show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It will only happen 2 nights a week.

What other cuts will the mouse be making, who knows!

I think its a shame.

:(

Fun2BFree

I don't know about this- Fantasmic is already a huge ruck to get in and out of. Just last week, someone pushed past a friend of mine's six-year-old daughter, causing her to break her nose and knock out most of her front teeth. Once Disney make it bi-weekly, you're making it insanely more popular and making crowd-control much harder.

DivineMadness7

Sorry "random dude" (nice name and this is your first post, eh? :rolleyes:) but I'm not going to get too worried until this is confirmed. I would suggest everyone else do the same.

Figment1986

Source please?

it was the llama with one arm :drevil:

Though lets see how long it takes for this to hit every other site on the planet, then you will have a source :lookaroun

if they are doing it, then oh well... at least its the off season (or as off season as possible)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
And there's perfectly good evidence of the fact that ANYONE can get online and say ANYTHING.
Though if it is true I'll be upset.

*EDIT*
And don't say "get the axe" if you mean "gets reduced from 7 shows to two." That's a reduction, not an axe-ing.

DisneyFreak1228

Sadly, it's true, everyone.

I went tonight, and as a former PAC/F! trainer, I still have my friends who are still statused to PAC/F!.

And I was told by one of them tonight before the 1030 show that they were informed today before opening the theater for the 9pm show that F! was being cut to 2 shows a week.

I even spoke to one of the entertainment cast members in the cast parking lot on my way out (entertainment wasn't informed until AFTER the 1030 show) who expressed his anger and disappointment when he overheard my friend telling someone over the phone of the decision to us.

Rob562

Well, in defense of the original poster somewhat, the January park hours on the WDW do only have F! listed on Mondays and Thursdays in January...

Whether this is the sole basis for the reporting (because we all know how much the schedules have been changed even weeks after they're released), I don't know.

But I will say this: Monday and Thursday are VERY random days to choose to be the only days to show it. No weekends? I think when Fantasmic at Disneyland goes to a schedule that isn't nightly, it still shows on the weekends...

EDIT: Actually, I think at Disneyland they just stop showing it altogether in the off-season...

-Rob

KrazyKemp

No way!

Every time I go to Disney World, I see Fantasmic at least three times during a weeklong vacation...

If this is true, I will truely be saddened.

Well it's, I guess, SLIGHTLY understandable. All of the budget saving green pinching management machines cutting corners. I know during the busy season they would run two shows a night. Did they do this during the slower seasons?

As long as they never even think about cutting Illuminations down to two nights a week, I'll be allright.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Perhaps this cut back has something to do with the rising fuel costs and the very late posting of Januarys park hours. Disney seem to be suffering from dwindling guest numbers due to the economic forecasts

wickedfan07

Bookings for early next year must look really really bad. That show is one of the only reason people stay in the Studios later at night. Without that...will DHS be a 9-5 park like AK? I sure hope not. This is disappointing news to say the least. Let's hope it isn't permanenet

828tnt

ok, i'll be the first to push the button..... not too much pixar in fantasmic is there? you know, i really never bought into any of that stuff until recently.

imo, like it or not, disney is really changing and i don't think it's all about a fluttering economy. if its not marketable "disney-pixar".......

maybe i'm just a bit negative, but taking away a unique place like pi, now fantasmic hurts. it seems disney is less interested in being unique and ahead of the curve and more interested in selling out for a quicker buck and a quick financial fix. disney always used to stand for the quality of a good show.

very dissappointing, if its true. disney has always been one of the truley wonderful things in my life. but, i think its a huge step backwards, and i may be starting to regret my dvc purchase.

maybe i'm overreacting a bit, but everything i get attached to seems to not agree with disney's new regime. it's getting more and more difficult to blindly keep faith in the powers that be.

MousDad

If this is true, this would be the first concrete (public) evidence that there is a major slowdown in WDW attendance/bookings. I can't see any other reason for the move. The whole "no Pixar" thing seems slightly unrealistic.

I also would pity the poor fools who would have to line up 3 hours before to get a seat in January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom