Extra Buns Now $1.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

musketeer

I agree with you. I don't buy an extra bun, because my hubby would never share a double with me. :lol: But I bet there are people like me whe never use any condiments on their burger. So if someone else uses the condiments that I could have used, I guess it all evens out in the end. Some people use more, some less. It's not like disney will be bankrupted by this. :shrug:

If I go to Pizza Hut tonight with my wife, and I pay for the salad bar and she doesn't, she can still have some, it's not like they will go bankrupt because of this...

Maybe I'll go to Boston Market, and I'll pay for a soft drink, but my wife will just ask for a cup of water, but I can still fill her glass with Dr. Pepper because, hey, it's not like they will go bankrupt because of this...

If I go to the store tonight and buy a loaf of bread, maybe I'll take two but only pay for one, it's not like they will go bankrupt because of this...

When I put my change in the paper machine to buy a newspaper, open the door, maybe I'll take two, even though I paid for only one, it's not like they are going to go bankrupt over this...

That is the worst excuse ever, "It's not like they are going to go bankrupt..."

It really shows they way people are when something is put on the honor system, and everyone does everything they can to be as dishonorable as possible.

You are correct, they probably won't go bankrupt if a few people here and there do it, but what if EVERYONE had that attitude...

It reminds me of one of those de-motivational posters, it says, "No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood"

If everyone in my town went into the local grocery store and pickpocketed just one thing, each person would think, "hey, they won't go bankrupt over one thing..." but eventually everything would be gone and nothing would have been paid for.

Disneyfalcon

If I go to Pizza Hut tonight with my wife, and I pay for the salad bar and she doesn't, she can still have some, it's not like they will go bankrupt because of this...

Maybe I'll go to Boston Market, and I'll pay for a soft drink, but my wife will just ask for a cup of water, but I can still fill her glass with Dr. Pepper because, hey, it's not like they will go bankrupt because of this...

If I go to the store tonight and buy a loaf of bread, maybe I'll take two but only pay for one, it's not like they will go bankrupt because of this...

When I put my change in the paper machine to buy a newspaper, open the door, maybe I'll take two, even though I paid for only one, it's not like they are going to go bankrupt over this...

It really shows they way people are when something is put on the honor system, and everyone does everything they can to be as dishonorable as possible.

You are correct, they probably won't go bankrupt if a few people here and there do it, but what if EVERYONE had that attitude...

It reminds me of one of those de-motivational posters, it says, "No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood"

If everyone in my town went into the local grocery store and pickpocketed just one thing, each person would think, "hey, they won't go bankrupt over one thing..." but eventually everything would be gone and nothing would have been paid for.

Wow. That was harsh. She was talking about using condiments on a bun she payed for. Not stealing anything.

mouselvrmom

Wow. That was harsh. She was talking about using condiments on a bun she payed for. Not stealing anything.

That's exactly what I meant! :)

I do not condone stealing in any form. I was simply stating that if you purchased a bun from disney and used their condiment station that they have available for people eating there to use that not everyone uses, then no big deal.

Exactly...the $1.99 covers the cost of the bun, plus any toppings/condiments you put on it...Disney doesn't care if someone else who bought a double gives you one of their burger patties...

No one is stealing anything...sheesh...

wannab@dis

Not at all harsh.. in fact, it was the truth.

She said...
So if someone else uses the condiments that I could have used, I guess it all evens out in the end

It was implied that if someone that did NOT pay for a burger uses what she did not, it would even out. While true, it's still a rationalization of a wrong. Sorry, but it's clear.

While this may seem insignificant for one person, what is it for 10 or 100 or 1000 incidents?

Disneyfalcon

She said...

It was implied that if someone that did NOT pay for a burger uses what she did not, it would even out. While true, it's still a rationalization of a wrong. Sorry, but it's clear.

While this may seem insignificant for one person, what is it for 10 or 100 or 1000 incidents?

Perhaps I am benefitting from knowing the poster and knowing that she would never condone stealing in any way shape or form. As she clarified in her post, she was talking about condiments on a bun that was paid for.

mouselvrmom

She said...

Wow. I certainly didn't think my comment would cause such a commotion. I wasn't implying that the person didn't pay for a burger, I thought the conversation was about people who bought buns using the condiments. My rationalization was for people who bought a bun (hence the purchase part of it) using the condiments.

This is apparantly a hotter topic than refillable mugs. :lol:

wannab@dis

Wow. I certainly didn't think my comment would cause such a commotion. I wasn't implying that the person didn't pay for a burger, I thought the conversation was about people who bought buns using the condiments. My rationalization was for people who bought a bun (hence the purchase part of it) using the condiments.

This is apparantly a hotter topic than refillable mugs. :lol:
Thanks for the clarification... your post seemed to imply differently. :wave:

mouselvrmom

Thanks for the clarification... your post seemed to imply differently. :wave:

No worries. :wave: I was just surprised. I had never been involved in such drama before. :lol: I thought I was being clear, but I guess everyone can benefit from a little clarification.

fyn

She said...

So, the implication is that you can only use the condiment bar if you've bought a burger?

fyn

Yeah, I think it's fairly clear the condiment bar is available for those that purchased a sandwich...

Ah. Why the assumption that the condiments are tied to the meat purchase? I'm not a vegetarian, but it seems pretty reasonable to buy a bun and make a veggie sandwich with onion, tomato, and pickles if that's what you eat. Do we actually know if the cost of the condiments are tied to the cost of the meat? No.

banimall

What if I purchased a bun and fries.............:dazzle:

That's what I was thinking, everyone is looking at this as the glass is half empty. If Disney wants to stick it to the man you have to be one step ahead of the game. Bring your own hamburger and put it on the 1.99 bun. Then you can use the condiment bar and you have an entire meal. Add in a refillable mug from your last trip and you're all set

Wilt Dasney

If they're charging 2 bucks for a bun, it seems reasonable to assume they've factored in the cost of some pickles and onions.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I made the same assertion in an earlier post (hinging it on the condiment bar being called just that, and not a "burger topping bar") and no one corrected me on the name, so I assume it's called a condiment bar, which would make you correct, fyn.

fyn

I made the same assertion in an earlier post (hinging it on the condiment bar being called just that, and not a "burger topping bar") and no one corrected me on the name, so I assume it's called a condiment bar, which would make you correct, fyn.

This clearly calls for an email to a Disney rep. :lol:

Edit: Yep, I emailed them. :D

Eyorefan

how is buying a bun stealing? Since when has there been a minium purchuse before a person is allowd to use condiments. If I only buy fries do I get to have ketcup or do I have to buy meat first?

Fluxuated

You people should listen to yourselves, crying over a $1.99 bun, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Only here can people make a 3 page thread whining about a bun. :ROFLOL::shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom