Extra Buns Now $1.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people should listen to yourselves, crying over a $1.99 bun, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Only here can people make a 3 page thread whining about a bun. :ROFLOL::shrug:

That would be an 8 page thread, thank you very much!!!

Oops...my post made it 9!!! LOL!!!

JDM

Oh my Dear Lord.....

9 pages (so far) of comments about a hamburger bun?

I can't even fathom how that issue could be this important.
(And yes, I recognize the irony in my adding to the comment count)

It could be worse. Think of what would happen if Disney charged 1.99 for Tampax in the ladies room. :mad: Oh, they would be sooooo mad at Mickey! And Minnie would be soo mad too!

wannab@dis

What if I purchased a bun and fries.............:dazzle:

Ah. Why the assumption that the condiments are tied to the meat purchase? I'm not a vegetarian, but it seems pretty reasonable to buy a bun and make a veggie sandwich with onion, tomato, and pickles if that's what you eat. Do we actually know if the cost of the condiments are tied to the cost of the meat? No.

I figured as much.... :rolleyes:

Who said a sandwich isn't just buying the bun? I didn't. If it's got a price on their register and you bought it, then wear it out with the toppings. I believe most of this detail picking nonsense started with someone bringing THEIR OWN bun and topping it off... not BUYING something.

For whoever was asking... I believe it's called a topping bar, which usually means it's topping something that you BOUGHT. :lol:

I swear... I feel like I'm dealing with my 4 year old around here sometimes.

fyn

Who said a sandwich isn't just buying the bun? I didn't. If it's got a price on their register and you bought it, then wear it out with the toppings. I believe most of this detail picking nonsense started with someone bringing THEIR OWN bun and topping it off... not BUYING something.

For whoever was asking... I believe it's called a topping bar, which usually means it's topping something that you BOUGHT. :lol:

This thread originated with the practice of buying a double cheeseburger, an extra bun, and making 2 single cheeseburgers out of it.

maggiegrace1

So..if I buy a piece of cake..or a soda..can I put lettuce and tomato and onions on it for free?

:lookaroun

Ya know I love ya..:lol::p

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm a n00b at brit speak (or is Cockney, or Geordie(go NUFC!)?). What are chip butties?

a buttie is a sandwich (a word favoured by the scousers,Liverpool area, and the Welsh)

so a chip buttie is fries in a sandwich or bun.

This site is educational if nothing else.:animwink:

tigglet83

another reason you would want an extra bun is that people who have weight loss surgeries cant eat as much so they buy the double burger and the extra bun split it with someone in their party.

I know we've done this.

fyn

another reason you would want an extra bun is that people who have weight loss surgeries cant eat as much so they buy the double burger and the extra bun split it with someone in their party.

I know we've done this.

I don't blame you for not reading all 10(?) pages of this thread.

Montyboy

Give the kid a break

That's how I afford to attend WDW at least once per year as a financially emancipated college student. Even if you're raking in the dough, frugality never hurts--it enables you to (as most people would call it) "live outside your means"!

You are going to like being out of college... Sleeping in hotel rooms instead of your car; being able to afford food. It's nice

Ravenclaw87

Okay... so I know I'm really just a lurker, but...

It annoys me SO much that all of the infuriated people on this thread did not take the time to read all of the posts! WDWFigment clearly apologized and said he was wrong; that he understood the reason for the price increase. He did not want to "cheapen" Disney out of anything. So why is it STILL an issue??

(Now, I'm not saying that I think WDWFigment should have apologized or that he was wrong and a terrible person and the like--- I personally could care less because it's JUST A BUN!!!!)

*waits for the backlash of "it's not just a bun"*

Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom