Extra Buns Now $1.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofyFan1

I will probably get flamed for this but here goes anyways. When you split the meal you are using twice as many condiments on the burger bar that you didn't pay for. The bar is included for the person that bought the meal. Your kinda stealing to save money. Alright go ahead and flame away :D

:sohappy:

This thread is similar to the old "bring your old refillable cups back to the resort" threads. While I understand trying to save a couple of dollars, the cost seems to be cosistantly passed off to those of us that either follow the rules or weren"t smart, or devious, enough to think of these cost savings ideas.:mad:

I don't see a problem with Disney charging more for your second bun. Cut your burger in half, like the rest of us that can't eat a double cheeseburger or share, and order a "salad" instead of making one at the fixings bar. Maybe Disney isn't as compliant with the soda situation or the bun situation as everyone once thought.

As for the cost being put on the ones cutting corners, it's about time.

I am now officially stepping down form my soapbox.

magicmom1

All the fast food companies here in Atlanta have been "hiding" all the condiments and napkins for about a year now. The answer is that people are wasting the condiment packages by asking for 10 when they only need 4 and throw the rest away.

This is no different with Disney. Disney World is not Six Flags where you cant just bring a picnic lunch, park yourself in a restaurant use their condiments for free and justify it because you are trying to save a couple of dollars. People who do this are the reasons that the food at Disney is ever increasing. Disney is not going to absorb the extra cost of guests using the condiment bar as a salad bar, the rest of us who play by the rules are the ones who are paying the "price"! Soon they will just take away the condiment bars all together so no one is tempted to take what they didnt pay for.:brick:

I know people who bring a loaf of bread and cans of peanut butter and jelly to Disney in a backpack and carry it around all day for the sake of saving a few dollars. But they are still using the napkins and knives off the condiment bars to build their sandwiches.

I don't think the price increase has anything to do with the condiment bar or toppings or people splitting a burger, I think it is due to the increased prices for food in general. Grain (which makes bread) prices have sky-rocketed since most farmers are now growing corn. So Disney is just passing the price onto the consumer, which has led to the bun price increase.

kimmychad

maybe disney just sees a market for people buying extra buns and they want to capitalize on that market, just a way to increase profits. i doubt the 1.50 increase or whatever it is would be to pay for figments lettuce or pickles

Roxas

Psst..

Sharing a drink and assuming the person you came to the park with doesn't have cooties will save you more money in the long run then worrying about buns.

If you are from Europe a large drink is enough for 4 people!!!!!

MousDad

I'm not going to argue one way or the other on the ethics of this type of thing. On one hand, I think it's okay to milk the system for all it allows, but on the other hand, would Jiminy Cricket approve? :goodnevil

I will observe this, it seems to me that Disney is very attentive to all of these "schemes." Someone's already mentioned the refillable mugs. How about the old Dining Plan where there was no distinguishing between child and adult credits. (Meaning, you could use 2 adult table credits on 2 separate occasions and still have it count the same as 2 adult/2 child on 1 occasion.)

Disney was quick to crack down on this once it became "public."

The safest bet is, if you know a way to milk the system, keep it to yourself. Otherwise, it probably won't be available for long. :lol:

eroyee

unbelieveable....never would hanve thought of splitting double in a million years...gives meaning to the term 'riff-raff'...please stay home and stare at your money.
We were just having fun joking here among fellow disney lovers. Lets keep it that way...:hammer:

mpoppins217

unbelieveable....never would hanve thought of splitting double in a million years...gives meaning to the term 'riff-raff'...please stay home and stare at your money.

That was incredibly rude of you. You should be more careful about what you say. Just because someone wants to save some money doesn't mean they're "riff-raff".

mpoppins217

I don't think the price increase has anything to do with the condiment bar or toppings or people splitting a burger, I think it is due to the increased prices for food in general. Grain (which makes bread) prices have sky-rocketed since most farmers are now growing corn. So Disney is just passing the price onto the consumer, which has led to the bun price increase.

I definitely agree that this is probably the case. You just have to go to the grocery store to see that.

And I hadn't thought about the implications of farmers switching to corn. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! :wave:

Minnietoo

All the fast food companies here in Atlanta have been "hiding" all the condiments and napkins for about a year now. The answer is that people are wasting the condiment packages by asking for 10 when they only need 4 and throw the rest away.

This is no different with Disney. Disney World is not Six Flags where you cant just bring a picnic lunch, park yourself in a restaurant use their condiments for free and justify it because you are trying to save a couple of dollars. People who do this are the reasons that the food at Disney is ever increasing. Disney is not going to absorb the extra cost of guests using the condiment bar as a salad bar, the rest of us who play by the rules are the ones who are paying the "price"! Soon they will just take away the condiment bars all together so no one is tempted to take what they didnt pay for.:brick:

I know people who bring a loaf of bread and cans of peanut butter and jelly to Disney in a backpack and carry it around all day for the sake of saving a few dollars. But they are still using the napkins and knives off the condiment bars to build their sandwiches.

Hey MagicMom1! Log time no talk:wave::p

I have to say I totally agree with you but I want to add this. Some times people have to bring some food in the park for their kids or whom ever needs it.

Since my daughter has a specific diet and she can't have alot of things there is only certian places she can get a snack So if her tummy starts hurting and the place that has safe food for her is on the other side of the par that is a problem.. Or if we are waiting on those lovely lines for a ride and her tummy hurts rather than get off the line or make the ride miserable I bring stuff for her.

I think people are picking apart too many things about this issue and the dining issue. Sure it has changed over the yrs but so has everything else! Either you like it or you don't no one says you have to use it.

As for the rolls we are talking $2! if you ordered extra roll at every meal for a 7 day stay you are under $50 ad if you can afford to go to WDW you have to be prepared to spend some money it is just a fact!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Wow, this thread has become quite popular. I never foresaw the far-reaching implications (oil and food costs, morality) of the bun price increase when I posted this.

I find it humorous when people become infuriated by frugality. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with getting the most mileage out of your money. That's how I afford to attend WDW at least once per year as a financially emancipated college student. Even if you're raking in the dough, frugality never hurts--it enables you to (as most people would call it) "live outside your means"!

GoofyFan1

Wow, this thread has become quite popular. I never foresaw the far-reaching implications (oil and food costs, morality) of the bun price increase when I posted this.

I find it humorous when people become infuriated by frugality. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with getting the most mileage out of your money. That's how I afford to attend WDW at least once per year as a financially emancipated college student. Even if you're raking in the dough, frugality never hurts--it enables you to (as most people would call it) "live outside your means"!

Your "frugality" should not come at the cost of others. Being frugal should mean you bring a sandwich or a snack instead of buying food in the park, or cutting your double in half, not making a meal out of the fixings bar.

You can't start a thread complaining that Disney has caught on to you and is increasing the cost of your bun and then give us a lecture for pointing out what was wrong with your frugal attempts in the first place.

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom