Extra Buns Now $1.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandaman

Three words:

chickfila-eat-mor-chikin.jpg

...Oh, right, the strips/nuggets thing. :lookaroun

WDWmom64055

Disney has good reason to charge so much for buns. Lately, they have had to make improvements to It's a Small World because the guests were too heavy. Money from the buns is probably being used to fund larger boats. It's either that or charge more for general admission and which is more fair? Oh, I guess Michael Eisner could take a salary cut, but that would never happen, even though he could afford plenty of Disney buns:goodnevil

Dude, seriously? Michael Eisner? Buns and boats? I can't find a nice way to say what I'm thinking, so I'll just add that I'm going to assume your post was meant to be a joke.

WDWmom64055

It could be worse. Think of what would happen if Disney charged 1.99 for Tampax in the ladies room. :mad: Oh, they would be sooooo mad at Mickey! And Minnie would be soo mad too!

Disgusting and sexist. Man, this one thread has changed my entire view of the members of this site. Somehow I'd come to the wrong-headed notion that this was a more civil, more educated group of folks than you'd find on the average Disney board.

WDWmom64055

Not at all harsh.. in fact, it was the truth.

She said...

It was implied that if someone that did NOT pay for a burger uses what she did not, it would even out. While true, it's still a rationalization of a wrong. Sorry, but it's clear.

While this may seem insignificant for one person, what is it for 10 or 100 or 1000 incidents?

Let me ask one question to all those moralizing over pickles and lettuce: if Disney didn't condone this practice, why would they chose to sell "extra" buns?

And, at nearly $2 a bun, they aren't losing anything on the deal.

Y'all need to get over yourselves!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disgusting and sexist. Man, this one thread has changed my entire view of the members of this site. Somehow I'd come to the wrong-headed notion that this was a more civil, more educated group of folks than you'd find on the average Disney board.

Perhaps you are reading too much into peoples posts? A lot of people here will post what ever pops into their mind without even reading the whole thread, which really does aggravate me, but on the whole most people here are really nice people!

With 55,283 members and counting, do you really think that there's not gonna be an a__ somewhere?

I hope that you look at peoples posting history before condemning the whole lot!

MousDad

I firmly believe that Disney's goal is to get as much of your money and provide as little in return as possible.

This (the highlighted portion) is pre-elementary Disney 101. Everyone knows this.

And we love it anyway. That's why we're a bunch of crazy fools. :kiss:

Give em a little more credit on the "provide as little in return" part though. They put out a pretty decent overall product.

And by the way, there's a lot of people here who thinkg there's nothing wrong with being frugal. :wave:

kimmychad

are you to the point that your going to boycot disney? if not please let us know when you are

I knew all the women would be mad if they kited the price of products for women in the ladies room. Minnie would probably throw Mickey out of the park!

dnalorg

Well....the one good thing about this thread...it quickly passed a good hour of a highly boring third shift at work! :ROFLOL:

This thread sort of highlights everything thats wrong with WDWMagics forums right now. Why does everything have to turn into a heated battle about whos right?

Eather way, considering the economy Disney will hike costs a little. Plus I think they know people split meals sometimes and are quite happy to accomodate for that but are within their rights to discourage it if they wish.

But at the same time Disney is something of a special case, millions of people go there and a lot of people spend a lot of their money so their kids can enjoy WDW and spend a lot on the resorts, some people just dont have the budget for everyone to have a fancy meal. Nothing wrong with sharing a meal, you payed Disney a buncha bucks just to get there, I'm pretty sure they dont mind people splitting meals or anything. They just discourage it a little is all

coachz

truth

Thank you! I was just about to say something to him.
Some times there are no manners at all around here
"..haven't been here long enough to..." earned with time to be HONEST, not PC,, call a spade a spade...cheap is cheap,,go on vacation without making ALL decisions based on the god called "money". if rude=honest, ok, I should have been a dentist..good at 'hitting a nerve'.

uklad79

Buns $1.99! Who would have thought it. Let's boycott buying them! No Let's boycott WDW and show them we won't stand for it.

I just did a quick working out on the costs based on individual items of the bun and fries. It's not of any interest but it passed 2 Min's of my time :lookaroun
Cheeseburger with fries $6.09
Bun $1.99
Fries $1.99
Meat $2.11
Extra meat if you want a double $1

kimmychad

You would probably do very well if you did that, there certainly must be demand:ROFLOL:

Being a man I would not know, but I wonder how much Disney charges women for Tampax in the ladies room? You could sell those for less too!

It could be worse. Think of what would happen if Disney charged 1.99 for Tampax in the ladies room. :mad: Oh, they would be sooooo mad at Mickey! And Minnie would be soo mad too!

I knew all the women would be mad if they kited the price of products for women in the ladies room. Minnie would probably throw Mickey out of the park!

bob it would seem you have quite the obsession with the female products. a little therapy should clear that right up

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
This thread sort of highlights everything thats wrong with WDWMagics forums right now. Why does everything have to turn into a heated battle about whos right?

Yet only one post from this thread was reported (and deleted) days ago. And it was only reported by one person. There are over 55,000 members and thousands of posts a day and 4 moderators. All we ask is that if you see something that violates the TOS that you report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom