Expedition Everest effects status watch

RWilliams

Premium Member
I heard from someone who I consider to be knowledgable who rode on February 7 and said Yeti was in A mode.

So, again, did anyone here ride on February 7 or subsequently?

I rode on Feb. 7 around 3ish and the Yeti was not in A mode. In fact his head was slumped down and his eyes didn't glow. On the plus side the steam on the train at load was working.

PhilharMagician

*thinks of recent thread on the non-working effects in Dinosaur! and how even many Cast Members weren't aware of some of the effects in the ride because they had been down so long...*

This happens on many rides and shows like Splash, Thunder, TT, JC, PotC, GMR and many others have effects that just don't work. Many visitors to WDW just don't know any differant because they are either seeing it for the first time or do not visit often. Maybe DVC will increase the amount of repeat visitors at WDW and drive the demand for Disney to keep these effects operational.

Best thing to do is stop by guest services and let them know that you notice that these effects are broken and maybe just maybe they will change their ways.

I hope that the Yetti is still just a structural problem that Immagineering is still working on repairing, but after all this time I fear the worse.

Skipper Dan

As of March 6, 2009:

- No steam effect at load
- Second waterfall not running (near the back of the mountain)
- No bird at the track end scene
- Yeti, not working :cry:

bluetrain84

Hi all, just got back from the World last night. As of March 7th, same status as 2020_CEO reported:
-no steam effect at load
-second waterfall not running
-no bird at the end
-Yeti in B mode

I was hoping that somehow they'd have the Yeti in A mode by the time my sister and I got there, because this was our first trip back since 2003 and we hadn't been on Everest yet, but no luck. Guess I'll have to go back again soon to check again!

reenijami-xe

What's this talk of the yeti's foundation/base structure being damaged? It was my understanding that the arm forward function was not working because the huge bearing was not greased properly and wore out too quickly. For awhile management ran the yeti with everything except for the arm forward function.

Finally, engineering became nervous that the arm was not structurally sound (because of that bearing) and decided to put the yeti in indefinite B-mode until the bearing is replaced.

So why just replace the bearing, you ask? Well, it's huge and the specifications have very high tolerances. The company that originally produced it "wasted too much money" getting it right and are not agreeing to redo it. I haven't heard anything beyond that, except that WDW ride and show engineering (not imagineering) were going to be responsible for redesigning it.

krankenstein

Just got back! I rode EE 3 times yesterday (3/18/09) and I bring both good news and bad news.

Cloud Effect = WORKING!!! (see picture below)
Station Steam = Not Working
Waterfall A = Working
Waterfall B = Not Working
Bird on a Stick = Not Working
Cave Mist = Not Working
Projection = Working
Yeti AA = Not Working/B-mode

Cloud Effect:
DSCN1944.jpg

Chape19714

As of 3/20/09

Cloud Effect = WORKING!!! (see picture below)
Station Steam = Not Working
Waterfall A = Working
Waterfall B = Working, but low pressure.
Bird on a Stick = Not Working
Cave Mist = Not Working
Projection = Working
Yeti AA = B-mode

Andrew54

After reading that article from Jim Hill things are not looking good for the Yeti. I am so glad that the first time I rode Everest the Yeti was working. I would be really disapointed if I had never seen it in action. But they just have to fix him. With it being AK's biggest newest attraction, it just needs to be brought back to life.

Another thing how come Disney has not said one thing about it? All ive heard pretty much is hearsay about what exactly is wrong and wether or not it will be fixed.

hbrady77

This is sad, I'm going on this ride for the first time at the end of May and my kids are very excited.. I hope it's all fixed by then!

SirGoofy

This is sad, I'm going on this ride for the first time at the end of May and my kids are very excited.. I hope it's all fixed by then!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the yeti will definitely not be fixed.

Enjoy your trip, and make sure you check out Midway Mania.:wave:

Tink313

And the reason why the dont fix it is because first time visitors or ppl who dont go often dont really notice that the yeti is broken. PPl are so exicted to ride it and you go by so fast they think it working, :( and thats what disney is hoping for with some eye trickery of a flashing light & speed enough ppl will think hes working. I think they could put off fixing him for a couple of more years (maybe even 5 more years:eek:)

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Rode as of 3/29/09.

-no steam effect at load
-second waterfall not running
-no bird at transition
-Yeti in B mode

Disappointing to say the least. Still the roller coaster is a great ride but when you've seen it at its fullest, this watered down version is very limp.

LudwigVonDrake

Disappointing to say the least. Still the roller coaster is a great ride but when you've seen it at its fullest, this watered down version is very limp.

I agree. I was lucky enough to see the Yeti in full form in July 2007. In July 2008 he was in the dark and there were people behind me who didn't even see him. That's sad.

WDITrent

Expedition Everest is just in its terrible twos. But now that it's April and nearly (or past) its third birthday, we've been getting mountain mist, and hopefully a solution to the yeti problem. Just "speculating", as I've speculated we've liked to say on these forums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom