As of December 17th

waterfall A: working
waterfall B: not working
Train's steam: not working
bird on a stick: not working
cave mist: not working
projection: working
yeti: B mode, strobe effect

Edit: I forgot about the mountain clouds, but they were not working either.

EpcotServo

About the only good thing is the projector is working....

Just awful :(

The problems are always in the second year of operation...Things brake, use spare parts to fix, money runs out, can't afford more spare parts, things brake again, stay broken for awhile, get fixed only after the budget and the parts come in (a long time, being custom orders.)

That's how it went, that's how it goes, and it's the same story over and over again.
:dazzle:

SirGoofy

I've said this a million times, this "B2" or "C" mode is pure MYTH. The show was programmed with TWO modes and TWO modes only, A Show and B Show. Anything different, such as different lighting, limited movement (Also myth, but whatever.) is because that particular effect/thing has been turned on/off by Maintenance/WDI/Whoever is working on the Yeti at the time.

Let me be PERFECTLY clear ONE more time.

A SHOW:
Yeti Movement, Show Lights

B SHOW:
No Yeti Movement, B Show Lights (AKA STROBES), and Fans.

I've been told personally by Imagineers and Ride and Show differently. Curious. I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but we've definitely been given different info.

Skipper Dan

Yes, through January 6-10, the "yeti" was in - the personally, indescribably hated - "B mode."

Also:

- Steam at load: Not working
- Front waterfall: Working
- Back waterfall: Not Working
- Limburger (bird): Not working
- Silhouette projection: Working
- Yeti: "B" Mode

In other words, "Expedition: Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain," is no longer my favorite attraction at the Walt Disney World Resort. Sorry :brick:

PhilharMagician

My bad. I missed that it was working. I just got reading down the list of non-operational effects and lost my mind.

BTW it is in the same exact operational status it was in October when I was there. I also want to add that the mist on the top was also not working again which seems to be the norm for this effect.

I would think that in the winter months that the steam effect would be working. At least the CM's won't get overheated this time of year.

hokielutz

Yeti not moving, but his cave is darker than the B mode that I remember. Front waterfall was working, but back was not. Steam at gate was not operational. Everything else runs like clockwork. Any reason for TT biting the dust this morning??

wvdisneyfamily

I'm going to consider myself lucky to have seen the Yeti in all of his splendor in 2006. We rode it shortly after opening. Our initial reaction was "This ride is incredible!" While I still marvel at the technology and theming, the broken Yeti upsets me.

Skipper Dan

I can’t explain it, it’s just that without the Yeti, I have no interest in riding “Everest.” My girlfriend loves it, and on our last day (the 10th), right before closing, I knew she’d want to ride it again, so I ran to the entrance. Though I just wasn't interested. We got to the pagoda, and she asked if I wanted to ride “Dinosaur” instead; we walked out of the line!

"Everest" - in my opinion - is an experience, not a roller coaster. My cousin, who is amused/impressed by nothing, specifically called me on his - basically first - trip to Disney, to tell me how impressed he was with the attraction, because of the Yeti.

My Dad's never ridden it, and I don't want him to.

... and to keep this a “status report” post - so I don’t get yelled at for rambling - no, the mist was not working either. That is an effect I don’t even take into account. I never even saw it at all.

Madhatter06

I also rode EE on January 8th so I saw B mode in all it's splendor. ;)

It was my first time riding it since during my '07 trip the wait was too long. Anyway, the yeti area was so dark I completely missed him the first time! I got off the ride and asked my friend where the yeti was? I just thought it was another hold in the dark for dramatic effect! Our second time around (gotta love january trips!) I saw him but just barely. It does seem really dark!

They close Splash Mountain every January, perhaps they should consider doing something similar to this. It's a shame because it has such potential and I'm sure was amazing when it first opened.

For those of you that have seen the mist effect, is it a good effect? Does it add alot to EE? Just curious, sounds like it almost never happens. Can someone describe it a bit more?

PhilharMagician

For those of you that have seen the mist effect, is it a good effect? Does it add alot to EE? Just curious, sounds like it almost never happens. Can someone describe it a bit more?

I have never seen it, but the last time I heard it was operating was last summer. Someone here reported it operating and said the effect was a great addition. A couple of weeks later it was reported off.:(

wild01ride

I apologize that I haven't been following this thread up to the minute, but I'm wondering:

When was the last time that anyone witnessed A-mode operating properly?

I was so disappointed when I was there just before Christmas and it was a dark, dark B-mode.

Come on Joe, raise a ruckus and get that thing working!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom